ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 63
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:28 PM 01-18-2018
k guys

everything disney turns to shit now and the lowest-grossing star wars film they've made was actually the best one!!!!11one
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:23 AM 01-21-2018
So are they ever going to release a trailer or is this thing going straight to video?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:41 AM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
So are they ever going to release a trailer or is this thing going straight to video?
Lol

Every time I see this thread bumped I expect to see a trailer for the movie.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:58 PM 01-21-2018
Probably soon. Attached to Black Panther or Wrinkle in Time.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:24 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
that sounds about right. I do keep forgetting that this film has a May release though. Kinda figured it was being released in December (esp with all the re shoots )
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:59 PM 01-21-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That's internet speculations.

Not a word has leaked from Disney, other than that PR stunt posted by Hammock Parties.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:50 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's internet speculations.

Not a word has leaked from Disney, other than that PR stunt posted by Hammock Parties.
Perhaps, in a movie marketing first, they will release the trailer on the film it is promoting!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:57 PM 01-24-2018
Perhaps, in a movie marketing first, they will release the trailer on the film it is promoting!
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 PM 01-27-2018

According to local media Mtime, Official Chinese title of Solo: A Star Wars Story is Ranger Solo(游侠索罗). And STAR WARS(星球大战) is abandoned in Solo’s local title after Star Wars: The Last Jedi flopped in China. pic.twitter.com/FsOTZcxENW

— Gavin Feng (@weier1231997) January 26, 2018

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 PM 01-27-2018
http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...-change-china/

As you can see in the tweet above, a fan pointed out that, when translated from the Chinese characters, the film isn't referred to as "Star Wars" at all.

China isn't the only territory where the film will be getting a title tweak, as it will be released in Spain as "Han Solo: A Star Wars Story" to avoid any sort of confusion about who the film focuses on.

It seems as though the title change in China, on the other hand, is a direct attempt to confuse audiences, or at least distance the spinoff film from the world of Star Wars.

With The Last Jedi being the third Star Wars film released in three consecutive years, China is seemingly overwhelmed by the amount of content necessary to understand the whole story. The Last Jedi was pulled from virtually every screen after less than three weeks, with its opening weekend numbers failing to even surpass Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

“For a lot of fans, the story of Rogue One made us think of our own country’s revolutionary history,” Chen Tao, who runs a Chinese Star Wars fan forum, pointed out. “A lot of characters in it were just like the Communist Party members who sacrificed themselves for the revolution.”
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:42 PM 01-27-2018
Originally Posted by :
”With The Last Jedi being the third Star Wars film released in three consecutive years, China is seemingly overwhelmed by the amount of content necessary to understand the whole story.”
I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this but there is the answer to why Lucasfilm hit the reset button with TLJ.

They nuked all the importance of the past lore and reset all the mysteries of TFA for a single reason: China doesn’t get it. They eradicated everything we knew about Star Wars so they could reboot all the concepts in a China-friendly way.

Count on it.

Again, I can’t believe I didn’t connect the dots earlier.
[Reply]
bowener 11:06 AM 01-29-2018
If we assume that Solo bombs or as a pile of shit on screen, maybe it is a good thing. Two disappointing films in a row might force Disney/Abrams to present a fresh film that is well written and directed.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:12 PM 01-29-2018
I don’t know why it took me so long to realize this but there is the answer to why Lucasfilm hit the reset button with TLJ.

They nuked all the importance of the past lore and reset all the mysteries of TFA for a single reason: China doesn’t get it. They eradicated everything we knew about Star Wars so they could reboot all the concepts in a China-friendly way.

Count on it.

Again, I can’t believe I didn’t connect the dots earlier.
:-) :-)
ridiculous
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
If we assume that Solo bombs or as a pile of shit on screen, maybe it is a good thing. Two disappointing films in a row might force Disney/Abrams to present a fresh film that is well written and directed.
There is nothing "disappointing" about a film that banks 1.3 billion and has 91% positive reviews.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:47 PM 01-29-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There is nothing "disappointing" about a film that banks 1.3 billion and has 91% positive reviews.
What's your position at Disney again?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 63
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up