« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:35 AM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Did you have to panic google this before you decided to agree with me?

No, that wasn't the error, because that isn't what anyone said. To the extent that one part of one of my posts seemed to say that when isolated from it's context, I've already provided clarification.
Did you clarify your comment about people who have found relief due to marijuana don't know what real pain is? I might have missed it.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:42 AM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I've never said either.

And it wasn't my point.

I went to four doctors with my pops in the past couple months and every one offered him more oxycontins. (In Kansas btw) at every appointment.

Even though he had over a thousand pills at home and multiple refills on several scripts.

We declined the offers...
Christ. Hope your pops gets to feeling better.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:49 AM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Did you clarify your comment about people who have found relief due to marijuana don't know what real pain is? I might have missed it.
No. I'll restate my argument in an effort to reduce confusion.

Narcotic pain meds are more effective at relieving serious pain than marijuana is. That's not to say that marijuana has no effect. It's a comparison and it isn't close. This is my main point.

That said, anyone who has some experience leading them to believe that marijuana is just as effective as an opiate-based pain reliever most likely hasn't experienced real pain. I'll leave open the possibility that they've experienced real pain but haven't experienced real pain relief instead or that they've got a mental problem preventing them from drawing rational conclusions.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:55 AM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Christ. Hope your pops gets to feeling better.
He had a whipple 8 years ago, 2 years is the life expectancy after that. Plus is diabetic and lost most of a leg last year, had a rehab nurse put him in a coma twice in a week...

And doesn't like to take the pills anymore since they just kept giving him them and basically had him strung out right after his surgery.

Sorry but yeah I've seen this shit first hand, I'm probably a little bitter.

Plus the guy who was a customer telling me his scam...
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:07 PM 06-05-2016
I'm still laughing at the "real pain" argument.

I've broken bones, hit the webbing between my thumb and forefinger with a hammer while holding a cv shaft and split it so bad I could hold my hand open and see through the hole, got fish hooked in an eye so bad there wasn't any white in it for six weeks, broken most my fingers and toes, set my own nose multiple times, gashed my head open to where the blood was shooting several feet away. And never needed pills. Hell I've only had stitches once and it was a minor cut that my boss at the time MADE me go in for and got 2 stitches over it. I was embarrassed.

Super glue works wonders. Trust me on that.

Oh and smashed fingers MANY MANY MANY times so bad I've lost literally every nail at least once and drilled through more than I can count just for relief.

That might be the worst pain except for when I tore my ACl which a chiropractor customer of mine (don't go to then either) confirmed. Pain was probably a toss up. Especially when I would roll over at night and my leg would flop over too. Almost piss your pants bad. But no pills then either.

I'm sure I know all about pain. You just have to be mentally tough enough to cope.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:08 PM 06-05-2016
He had a whipple 8 years ago, 2 years is the life expectancy after that. Plus is diabetic and lost most of a leg last year, had a rehab nurse put him in a coma twice in a week...

And doesn't like to take the pills anymore since they just kept giving him them and basically had him strung out right after his surgery.

Sorry but yeah I've seen this shit first hand, I'm probably a little bitter.

Plus the guy who was a customer telling me his scam...
He has the blessing of a son to care for him, that's more than many. Stay up.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:11 PM 06-05-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
He has the blessing of a son to care for him, that's more than many. Stay up.
There are several of us pitching in, he's in Texas right now with my sister. My step mom passed suddenly and we all weren't really ready, every one just knew he would go first. Life is crazy.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:19 PM 06-05-2016
I'm still laughing at the "real pain" argument.

I've broken bones, hit the webbing between my thumb and forefinger with a hammer while holding a cv shaft and split it so bad I could hold my hand open and see through the hole, got fish hooked in an eye so bad there wasn't any white in it for six weeks, broken most my fingers and toes, set my own nose multiple times, gashed my head open to where the blood was shooting several feet away. And never needed pills. Hell I've only had stitches once and it was a minor cut that my boss at the time MADE me go in for and got 2 stitches over it. I was embarrassed.

Super glue works wonders. Trust me on that.

Oh and smashed fingers MANY MANY MANY times so bad I've lost literally every nail at least once and drilled through more than I can count just for relief.

That might be the worst pain except for when I tore my ACl which a chiropractor customer of mine (don't go to then either) confirmed. Pain was probably a toss up. Especially when I would roll over at night and my leg would flop over too. Almost piss your pants bad. But no pills then either.

I'm sure I know all about pain. You just have to be mentally tough enough to cope.
Don't be a dick. You aren't in the category of people I was talking about. By your own admission, you don't have a basis for comparison when it comes to pain relief. And if you're not addressing the comparison, then I wasn't talking about you.

If you deal with pain by chewing on a leather strap, great. That's not relevant to the comparison of opiates vs pot though. But I will tell you that opiates are better at pain relief than that leather strap too.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:23 PM 06-05-2016
Don't be such a defensive pussy. You aren't in the category of people I was talking about. By your own admission, you don't have a basis for comparison when it comes to pain relief. And if you're not addressing the comparison, then I wasn't talking about you.

If you deal with pain by chewing on a leather strap, great. That's not relevant to the comparison of opiates vs pot though. But I will tell you that opiates are better at pain relief than that leather strap too.
I think there is only one "defensive pussy" here and it's probably not me. And I don't use a leather strap either.

Sorry I don't believe most that comes from the medical profession. Greed can be a horrible thing.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:25 PM 06-05-2016
I see you edited that post, and I can't see how it was even me being a dick.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:26 PM 06-05-2016
I think there is only one "defensive pussy" here and it's probably not me. And I don't use a leather strap either.

Sorry I don't believe most that comes from the medical profession. Greed can be a horrible thing.
I changed it to "dick" to soften it a little, fwiw.

The leather strap was figurative.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:28 PM 06-05-2016
I see you edited that post, and I can't see how it was even me being a dick.
The "dick" part comes from you continuing to "laugh" at a statement that was misunderstood and then clarified. What you're laughing at is a misconception of what was said.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:39 PM 06-05-2016
The "dick" part comes from you continuing to "laugh" at a statement that was misunderstood and then clarified. What you're laughing at is a misconception of what was said.
I'm laughing at the "real pain" statment. What is real pain?

It's all subjective.

I agree marijuana probably doesn't work as well at killing pain, BUT the trade off isnt significant enough to me to make taking them worth it.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:40 PM 06-05-2016
I'm laughing at the "real pain" statment. What is real pain?

It's all subjective.
"Real pain", in this context, is the level of pain where you can tell the difference between the effectiveness of marijuana and a narcotic pain med. The vast majority of people who have felt that level of pain and tried both will testify to the superior pain-killing effectiveness of the latter.

I agree marijuana probably doesn't work as well at killing pain, BUT the trade off isnt significant enough to me to make taking them worth it.
I have no problem with that. That's a personal decision.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:43 PM 06-05-2016
Can we get back to Prince, you fuckin' hippies?!

[Reply]
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up