ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 136
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:18 PM 04-12-2015
The thing I respect about Phil that will likely prevent him from finishing second today is that he's going to go down firing at every pin, like he was trying on 11.

If it were Jim Furyk in that spot he'd be playing for the middle of the green and lag putting near the hole to try and secure his top 3-5 finish.

And of course Spieth has a gap after that tee shot :-).
[Reply]
O.city 03:19 PM 04-12-2015
It definitely makes phil morr exciting.
[Reply]
O.city 03:19 PM 04-12-2015
The way it's laying therr for speith, just punch it down short, chip up, 2 putt take your bogey and move on
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:20 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
It definitely makes phil morr exciting.
That and it also makes him not a coward like so many of these guys with inflated world rankings who can only go low at a major when the pressure is off of them on Sunday (Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter, Dustin Johnson).
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:21 PM 04-12-2015
Every time I see a course that's this perfect, I wonder how much better my game would be if nothing else changed but fairways and greens that as perfect as these....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:23 PM 04-12-2015
Serious question, with all the coin in these tournaments, why can't they get something better looking on the caddies than those bag outfits?
[Reply]
O.city 03:23 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That and it also makes him not a coward like so many of these guys with inflated world rankings who can only go low at a major when the pressure is off of them on Sunday (Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter, Dustin Johnson).
I think alot of that, for johnson and Poulter atleast, is more so because of swing dynamics. Both have to much hands and timing in their swing that tends to fall to shit under pressure. Of course, some of that is mental too
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:24 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Every time I see a course that's this perfect, I wonder how much better my game would be if nothing else changed but fairways and greens that as perfect as these....
If you can deal with the pressure of people looking at you, tournament golf at this level is actually an advantage because the galleries keep wayward shots from going deep into the shit, they trample down a lot of the rough, and cameras can pinpoint basically any ball at any place.

Greens like that are certainly truer to putt on because you don't have goose shit or bare patches of grass deflecting your ball.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:24 PM 04-12-2015
Have not heard a lot of "IN THE HOLE" today, thank god
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:25 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Serious question, with all the coin in these tournaments, why can't they get something better looking on the caddies than those bag outfits?
Masters rule
[Reply]
O.city 03:27 PM 04-12-2015
I've played a few courses they've played on tour. It's a completely different course with No galleries or grandstands etc out there.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:28 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've played a few courses they've played on tour. It's a completely different course with No galleries or grandstands etc out there.
I am certain not having galleries there to trample down areas or help me find balls cost me 5-10 shots at Turnberry and Carnoustie.

Hitting the shit into the hay is one thing, but when you're a few steps off the fairway and you can't find the ball or you don't have forecaddies it makes the game a hell of a lot harde.
[Reply]
O.city 03:29 PM 04-12-2015
I dunno that Rory is consistent enough with the putter to win at the masters enough to be an all time great.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:30 PM 04-12-2015
The annoying thing about Spieth is how he talks to shots that are perfectly fine like they are going off the planet. Anyone else on tour says that the ball is in the back bunker.
[Reply]
O.city 03:31 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I am certain not having galleries there to trample down areas or help me find balls cost me 5-10 shots at Turnberry and Carnoustie.

Hitting the shit into the hay is one thing, but when you're a few steps off the fairway and you can't find the ball or you don't have forecaddies it makes the game a hell of a lot harde.
No doubt. Tpc Southwind is one I've played and been a spectator at. Completely different. Medinah is another.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 136
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up