ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 33
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
-King- 07:04 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
That is mostly the point I am trying to make. So many people here, King comes across this way to me and maybe I am wrong, that they legitimately think they know more than Veach and Reid.
What? You're making shit up in your head. People are just discussing what moves they think should happen and how they think they should happen. Saying that an oft injured WR should take a pay cut to stay on the team has nothing to do with people thinking they're smarter than Veach or reid. Especially since Veach insinuated the same thing in his interview.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:38 PM 02-02-2021
Bringing Watkins back on a small deal could be really advantageous for KC. It would let them take a more developmental-type WR and not have to spend a first or second rounder on them.

That could free them up to take a guy like Marquez Stevenson in round 3/4, who has big upside but needs polish, rather than trying to get someone who provides more immediate help.

All comes down to how Watkins prices himself and what the team offers. Maybe he goes for a 1 year/$3M base with a bunch of incentives that could push it up to $10M plus (but not count against the cap because they’re aren’t perceived as achievable).
[Reply]
chop 07:56 PM 02-02-2021
Is he playing in the SB?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:01 PM 02-02-2021
i think Sammy will play.

My hope is that his calf/hammy are close to 100%. I was watching a highlight reel from the ATL(?) game yesterday, and noticed that he was stutter-stepping out of his breaks. That might be an indication of not being able to drive out of his breaks. Would make him slower, probably both going into and out of his breaks.

Hoping we don't see that in the game.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:03 PM 02-02-2021
How ****ing long does it take to learn this playbook? Not just any wingnut can come in here and take off
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:07 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
How ****ing long does it take to learn this playbook? Not just any wingnut can come in here and take off
Based on what we've seen, about 2-3 seasons.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:26 PM 02-02-2021
It's time to walk away from Sammy IMO. Need guys on the field, not in the tub for 2/3 of the year every single year.

Go spend the money on a mid-tier guy like Keelan Cole or Rashard Higgins instead.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:18 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It's time to walk away from Sammy IMO. Need guys on the field, not in the tub for 2/3 of the year every single year.

Go spend the money on a mid-tier guy like Keelan Cole or Rashard Higgins instead.
I agree
And at this point as he ages the availability issue will only get worse
I’d take him back on a min deal but that’s probably not palatable for him or so I presume anyway
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:51 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Based on what we've seen, about 2-3 seasons.
I remember hearing an interview where Alex Smith basically said it's like learning the New York City phone book by heart.

It was in response to Andy talking about Alex's "gigabytes"

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pants 10:40 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I have never heard that word one time. Except today.
You can't be serious.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:22 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I remember hearing an interview where Alex Smith basically said it's like learning the New York City phone book by heart.

It was in response to Andy talking about Alex's "gigabytes"

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
yep. I think it's part of the reason Andy doesn't like starting rookies.

Also, our receivers have to know basically every route that every other receiver in the pattern runs.

Note: Hill/Kelce/Watkins can line up wide, in the slot, in the backfield, in what I guess is the H? Pretty sure that we can find DRob also lined up at all those spots in a given game. And what about when we had Damien? Or Kareem? Essentially our skill players have to be able to line up anywhere, multiple times a game, and know how to run every route in every play.

Most WRs/TEs in the rest of the league just don't line up all over the formation like that multiple times in a game. Maybe you see one do something similar for one game, or a couple. Not every game for a season.

If Andy were less creative, like Roman just to use him as an example, then probably we'd see a lot more of Hardman/Pringle or whoever on the field, because to the average OC a WR is a WR; you line them up in a couple places and that's it.

In Andy's offense, every receiver has to be able to line up in every spot, and run their routes or whatever Andy has them doing as if it were instinctual, like muscle memory.

Then add in the fact that Andy has about 25-30% more plays in the book than any other OC in the NFL.

In a film study I watched recently in YT, they showed where Hill and Kelce lined up for the the entire AFCCG game. They were everywhere, and ran about a dozen different patterns. It was like a couple octopi fought over an Etch-a-Sketch. Lines and angles and curves and swirls all over the place from about 7 points at the bottom of the screen.

Then they showed where Diggs and Beasley lined up for the game. Basically it was from three or four spots between them, and they ran routes that looked like a 6th grader drew a couple trees. Diggs ran these 5-6 routes or whatever, and Beasley did about the same.
[Reply]
milkshock 02:20 PM 02-03-2021
Says he is hopeful he will be at least 85% by Sunday

Fucking A
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:36 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:

Fucking A
:-)
[Reply]
penguinz 03:16 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:

****ing A
His 85% is better than Mecole, Pringle, and Robinson's 100%.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:48 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
His 85% is better than Mecole, Pringle, and Robinson's 100%.

Dude will not even see the field
[Reply]
Page 26 of 33
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up