ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Media Center>JURASSIC WORLD
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:13 PM 06-25-2018
These movies are all the same. They mess with nature, nature strikes back, evil military guy, dinosaurs are not evil, humans are, etc.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:16 PM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
These movies are all the same. They mess with nature, nature strikes back, evil military guy, dinosaurs are not evil, humans are, etc.
Yes pretty much. Thats why im passing on this one. Just tired of them. They dont advance upon what you just said above. Not sure they can really?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:07 PM 06-25-2018

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yes pretty much. Thats why im passing on this one. Just tired of them. They dont advance upon what you just said above. Not sure they can really?
Pivoting the narrative spin would be easy, but it runs counter to the current Hollywood agenda.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:07 PM 06-26-2018
They can't. They and similar films have exhausted those storylines. Don't create dinosaurs, yet people in these movies keep doing it. Dinosaurs aren't friendly, they are killers. I don't see man as the enemy (unless man is recreating these monsters). The scene in one of the sequels where it is revealed our "heroes" swiped the mercenaries' bullets leaving them defenseless against the dinosaurs was horrible but celebrated. Despite the fact those same mercenaries saved the heroes from the dinosaurs.

You are only going to see the theater at this point to watch dinosaurs do shit. So forget the high brow narrative and let dinosaurs wreck stuff.

And I am tired of the evil ex military/mercenary villain. It is cliche as hell. As if many scientists aren't in it for the cash as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:59 PM 06-26-2018
They can't. They and similar films have exhausted those storylines. Don't create dinosaurs, yet people in these movies keep doing it. Dinosaurs aren't friendly, they are killers. I don't see man as the enemy (unless man is recreating these monsters). The scene in one of the sequels where it is revealed our "heroes" swiped the mercenaries' bullets leaving them defenseless against the dinosaurs was horrible but celebrated. Despite the fact those same mercenaries saved the heroes from the dinosaurs.

You are only going to see the theater at this point to watch dinosaurs do shit. So forget the high brow narrative and let dinosaurs wreck stuff.

And I am tired of the evil ex military/mercenary villain. It is cliche as hell. As if many scientists aren't in it for the cash as well.
It’s the inherent flaw in this film concept. They can’t make anything with depth because all people really want to see are dinosaurs ‘wrecking shit’.

It is what is is. Which is fine if that’s what you like. Not my thing anymore
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:22 PM 06-27-2018
It’s the inherent flaw in this film concept. They can’t make anything with depth because all people really want to see are dinosaurs ‘wrecking shit’.

It is what is is. Which is fine if that’s what you like. Not my thing anymore
I think the room for depth still exists but they aren't going about it in a good method because they have agendas.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:05 PM 06-26-2018
They can't. They and similar films have exhausted those storylines....
Speaking of exhausted storylines, your last sentence would be a refreshing change for a storyline—scientists conniving for cash. Something like cash from taxpayers using some alarmist fear-inducing con game. Not something like a Frankenstein movie or a Doctor Moreau though.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 01:23 PM 06-27-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Speaking of exhausted storylines, your last sentence would be a refreshing change for a storyline—scientists conniving for cash. Something like cash from taxpayers using some alarmist fear-inducing con game. Not something like a Frankenstein movie or a Doctor Moreau though.
Thanks.

I will try to put something together. It would be a refreshing change.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 10:32 AM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Speaking of exhausted storylines, your lanst sentence would be a refreshing change for a storyline—scientists conniving for cash. Something like cash from taxpayers using some alarmist fear-inducing con game. Not something like a Frankenstein movie or a Doctor Moreau though.
:-)

truly rich coming from a righty, scientists are overpaid/connive for cash... sure... how many PhD scientists are unemployed at the moment? Yeah, complex issue but :-), next you’ll tell me that CEO’s are underpaid

Bro; if scientists connived for cash they get mbas instead of phds
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:13 PM 06-25-2018
I for one am outraged a movie about dinosaurs wasn't realistic
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:01 AM 06-28-2018
I wasnt gonna see JPFK but I was convinced to go with a friend.

Fuckin terrible movie....jfc

Just about as bad as the 2nd JP
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:23 PM 06-29-2018
My kids have all the toys now and won't stop talking about it. Bug me everyday to take them again.

From that standpoint it's a success. Who cares what dorks like us think about "plot holes". By the way has any movie not had a plot hole or two?
[Reply]
YoungTed 05:18 AM 07-03-2018
I have watched a movie last week and I am disappointed.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:58 PM 07-04-2018
OK, I just saw this movie and don’t get all the hate. It’s not “Citizen Kane” by any means but it’s nowhere near as bad as TFA or TLJ or any of the Transformers movies. At least it’s consistent with the style and messages of the previous movies, and doesn’t go totally off the rails like the last two Star Wars films. The special effects were good, the acting was nowhere near as horrible as people are saying, I happen to think Bryce Dallas Howard is very easy on the eyes so she was nice to look at, Chris Pratt was Chris Pratt (I don’t know what people were expecting there)... I’d give it a 6 1/2 out of 10, and I’ve certainly seen much worse movies.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:29 PM 07-05-2018
Was there anything redeeming about any of the characters in Jurassic World? That was the biggest problem with me. It's a disaster film where I couldn't care less if anyone dies. I literally couldn't wait until Claire died but they didn't do that either.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Up