ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 59
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Ellen Page is gay
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 02-15-2014
Well, that's interesting.

http://gawker.com/ellen-page-comes-o...ium=socialflow

Actress Ellen Page publicly came out as gay Friday evening, while giving a speech at Time to THRIVE, a national LGBTQ youth conference held in Las Vegas.

"I'm here today because I am gay," Page told the assembled crowd, which responded with a standing ovation and a long chorus of cheers.

"Whoo!" said Page, before continuing:

Originally Posted by :

"And because maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly because I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered, and my relationships suffered. And I'm standing here today with all of you on the other side of that pain."
Page is most famous for becoming pregnant by her awkward classmate Michael Cera, and for invading the dreams of a stranger alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, neither of which happened in real life, because she is an actress.

After her speech, the Human Rights Campaign, which organized the conference, congratulated Page on the front page of its website for "her brave decision to live openly and authentically."
[Reply]
Donger 07:59 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
Donger's night out with the boys.

:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 08:16 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
It's clear that your use of "It's a choice" in the post above was specifically referring to behavior. You did not say being gay is a choice.

But it does raise the question. Do you think being gay is a choice?
I don't think we choose what we're attracted to whether it's fat women, athletic men, little children or whatever. I don't know how much of that attraction is hardwired or how much is changed by environmental factors after birth, but my guess is that it's a mix between the two.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:18 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
Donger's night out with the boys.

Dumb.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:09 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Given my prior position on the depravity and hubris of judging others, I can't but feel that you are trying to recruit me onto a degenerate path.
Everyone judges people.

It's how we choose our friends.

Anyone who says they don't judge are liars, and people who criticize others for doing so are hypocrites.

You make judgements about people the second you see them. How they dress... how clean they are... how good looking they are. To say otherwise is just living in denial.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:13 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
Please. Get real. Like that shit happens all the time? In every school in the country? A kid who speaks up in class and says homosexuality is wrong not only gets jeered at by classmates for a single period or day, but then gets followed around for the rest of his/her high school career each day with verbal abuse of "bigot" and "homophobe"? No. You're either not being honest or not thinking about the issue clearly enough.

That's a shitty comparison. It's far from the kind of bullying that causes an unfortunately high number of gay kids to commit suicide each year.

You never hear about kids who commit suicide because they were bullied about being a bigot. Why do you think that is?

Because it doesn't ****ing happen.
Yup.. and it doesn't happen because in the proper permissive atmosphere 90% of people become bigots and bullies.

It's just how people are.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:19 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
Throw in a "Big Oil SUCKS!" thread and I'm there.
That would be a huge thread. The OP followed by 10,000 "this" replies.
[Reply]
MarcoMar 09:51 AM 02-16-2014
I agree that it may make a difference for the ones struggling with their sexuality, but I hate it when stars try to do PR on such things.
[Reply]
seamonster 09:54 AM 02-16-2014
Very interesting thread. There's vehement homopobia, liberals dropping the KKK card, and a slippery slope argument on every single page. In the midwest there's clearly a hated for critical thinking that runs counter to German Protestant\baptist\WASP traditional family values so I wouldn't waste time arguing with the mentally weak.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:05 AM 02-16-2014
Can we start a homo forum, chronicling all the stupid "coming out parties" of small potatoes mediocrities? Hamas and SNR and Lane and Donger could just have permanent mod powers there and the rest of the board could read about the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:32 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Yup.. and it doesn't happen because in the proper permissive atmosphere 90% of people become bigots and bullies.

It's just how people are.
Really?

90%?

I doubt that...
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:37 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't think we choose what we're attracted to whether it's fat women, athletic men, little children or whatever. I don't know how much of that attraction is hardwired or how much is changed by environmental factors after birth, but my guess is that it's a mix between the two.
Agreed. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that nobody would ever choose to be gay, because nobody in his right mind would choose to be the constant target of scorn, ridicule, and in some cases outright hatred.

That's why people like Fred Phelps and his ilk annoy the hell out of me.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:40 AM 02-16-2014
Agreed. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that nobody would ever choose to be gay, because nobody in his right mind would choose to be the constant target of scorn, ridicule, and in some cases outright hatred.
Depends on how you look at things.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:41 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Can we start a homo forum, chronicling all the stupid "coming out parties" of small potatoes mediocrities? Hamas and SNR and Lane and Donger could just have permanent mod powers there and the rest of the board could read about the Chiefs.
The (self) righteous indignation expressed in that post would be a little more understandable if you weren't such an active participant in practically every thread about politics and religion in the DC forum.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:41 AM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Depends on how you look at things.
Feel free to elaborate.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:41 AM 02-16-2014
Agreed. The only thing I would add is that I strongly believe that nobody would ever choose to be gay, because nobody in his right mind would choose to be the constant target of scorn, ridicule, and in some cases outright hatred..

Hatred? They are praised as heroes in our culture. What on earth are you talking about, hatred?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 59
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up