ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:08 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Truzzz:
I really do think they'll put Humphrey on him, it'll be Jimmy and Peters taking a side of the field each. And Humphrey following Hill. Marlon's been susceptible to getting beat deep before, could see him locking down Hill all day, and getting burned for a key TD with about 8 minutes to go in the 4th!

I take you're point on Jackson outside the Hashes. It's his weakest area. But he's thrown some lovely balls 20-30 yards downfield outside the Hashes in key scenarios. The one to ice the Atlanta game last year stands out. He just doesn't hit it with that power or consistency of Mahomes. But that's why he could never be Mahomes.
Does Jones line up left or right? If Stanley's fit, our left side is fantastic. But Zeus made a very broken Watt look like his 2016 prime last week. Phillips is fine for a rookie, but Jones is arguably the most dominant lineman not in LA in the league.
Since early last season Daly and Spags have lined up Jones all over the place. They've even lined him up at DE. The only guys that seem to stay home are Pennel, Nnadi and Clark. Though I've seen Clark lined up at DT a few times as well. Just not that often.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 04:09 PM 09-22-2020
Ravens/Ratbirds/Shitbirds/Crows fan in piece! ��
I was having a look at the forum and wanted to throw my 2 cents in, purely for genuinely well intended chat.

This is easily our Superbowl. Be that a positive or a negative. Mahomes and Reid are living rent free in Harbaughs head. That was proven last year with the ridiculous 4th down and 2pt coaching calls.
I do think we have the advantage in terms of lineup this game though.

Defence
There seems to be a lot of chat about us being unable to generate a pass rush. We hit Watson 13 times last week, the most in his career. We don't have many 1 on 1 great pass rushers, but that's often overemphasized. And not our scheme. We play a 3-4. With Wolfe, Williams and Campbell on the line.
We then often load the LOS with LBs and DBs. Half our sacks have come from "Blitzers" but we often rush four and drop people you wouldn't expect. Judon and Bowser are two of the best coverage SAM LBs in the league. Judon dropped nearly half his snaps last week. Calais had 3 passes defensed and a tip for a pick against the Browns. The pressure scheme is manufactured brilliantly as opposed to singular great talent.
This works excellently against the younger confused. QBs, or the static ones who find it impossible to dissect. However, Mahomes seems the cryptonite to this. And he's agile enough to take a 7 step drop, see who's coming, and arm it over the top.
On the back end Marlon is a top 3 CB in the league, and will probably shadow Hill. Peter's can get some silly picks but gets burned often as a trade off. Losing Tavon in the slot is huge. We have just four healthy corners now. The top two, and Jimmy Smith who's been playing safety this year. Anthony Averett is trash. Every throw at him has been completed this year.
Our safety's are unknown but our biggest strength.
Chuck Clark is a genius. He got the green dot before he'd even started, and Eric Weddle said he was telling him things even he'd missed after all his years. The Ravens just gave him a new contract and binned off Earl Thomas for punching him in training when Chuck called Earl out for getting burned on a play and not being into his tape. Team sided with Chuck and Earls history. DeShon Elliot plays FS. Hes had a huge reputation for years but had a couple of freak injuries. He's a vicious hitter and of pretty good in coverage. Arguably a step up from Early Thomas, but that's not saying much. He didn't care and was shite last year!

Offense
The Ravens offence gets all the plaudits, but I honestly think it trails the defence.
You have to respect what Lamar's doing. He's statistically the best passer of the football by 23 years old ever. He's thrown 1 INT in his last 29 touchdowns. In 9 games. Yes his running makes his passing easier, and I'm not getting into a debate about his long term health, but he's efficient, safe with the football, and scores points.
He can make every throw (despite what Twitter says) and he would be an above average NFL passer if he couldn't run. Mahomes however, is in a different Stratosphere. Lamar can take the offence on a 13 play 9 minute drive and eat up all the clock, and score points. Mahomes can do it in 90seconds. The winner of the game in my opinion, will be who does either of these the most often.
Hollywood brown spent last year with a screw in his foot, and wasn't allowed to take contact or get to full speed just incase. This year he looks a different player, and is a stud. His rookie numbers compared ever so slightly better than those of Hill. However he was a rs 1 pick and inserted straight away as starter.
Mark Andrews is one of the best receiving TEs in the league. But can't block a dot. So if he's in it tells you were passing. So he only plays about 55-65% of snaps.
Our major problem on offence is our line. It's been poor/awful this year.

Stanley is our premier LT, he's come out of the last two games with injuries. Fluker is the back up but is too slow, and we lose all ability to run pistol and alot of the read option with him in.
Bozeman (LG) is fine
Skura (C) he was superb until he blew his knee out last year, has rushed back but looks slow and overmatched.
Phillips (RG) Rookie. College RG, 3rd round pick. Played Tackle in college and going through usual growing pains.
Zeus (RT) Big immobile unit. Looks great but gets beaten by speed too often.

The Ravens line is the teams biggest weakness. Lamar bails them out more often than not by escaping the pocket and making a play, and therefore boosts their stats. But he was under pressure for over half his snaps in week 1.

I think it'll be a close game. Ravens pass rush is better than you seem to give it credit for, we've never just rushed a front four, but always get pressure. Yet the offensive line seems to get a lot more credit than it really deserves.
Lamars Lamar. You seem to be unable to praise him without people thinking you're giving Mahomes shit and vice versa.
I think the game will be won on whether Mahomes can do in 2-3 minutes what Lamar can do in 9. People reference the Titans loss, but Lamar got over 500 yards and had two TDs dropped in the end zone The defense shit the bed that game. He's also never lost in regular season primetime. But he's never beaten Mahomes. I can't call it, but it's gonna be a great game!

(Sorry if noone cares about my long post and purple ramblings!!)
I didn’t read these long ass posts when I used to frequent this board more often and I’m certainly not now lol.
[Reply]
Truzzz 04:12 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I didn’t read these long ass posts when I used to frequent this board more often and I’m certainly not now lol.

K

Haha
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 04:16 PM 09-22-2020
K

Haha
No offense lol...

But nobody gives a shit
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:20 PM 09-22-2020
I really do think they'll put Humphrey on him, it'll be Jimmy and Peters taking a side of the field each. And Humphrey following Hill. Marlon's been susceptible to getting beat deep before, could see him locking down Hill all day, and getting burned for a key TD with about 8 minutes to go in the 4th!

I take you're point on Jackson outside the Hashes. It's his weakest area. But he's thrown some lovely balls 20-30 yards downfield outside the Hashes in key scenarios. The one to ice the Atlanta game last year stands out. He just doesn't hit it with that power or consistency of Mahomes. But that's why he could never be Mahomes.
Does Jones line up left or right? If Stanley's fit, our left side is fantastic. But Zeus made a very broken Watt look like his 2016 prime last week. Phillips is fine for a rookie, but Jones is arguably the most dominant lineman not in LA in the league.
They'll move Jones around. I'd expect to see him lined up over Skura/Phillips a lot, probably with Clark right next to him.

I love the matchups of Hardman/Watkins vs. Peters/Smith. That's a big advantage to KC
[Reply]
Ravens_Visitor 04:23 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I was clearly referring to comparing week 2 to week 1.

I don’t care what they finished in run D last year. I care about what we did with an old brokedick RB and one of the worst OT’s in football.

We ran the ball fine last year and that was without CEH, Fisher, and the threat of Tyreek.

Also, you continue to throw Wolfe’s name around like he’s not an old brokedick. Campbell is no spring chicken either. They lost Wormley, who’s a better player than Wolfe at this point. They might’ve upgraded their interior pass rush with Campbell, but other than that it’s not a huge difference from last years DL.
Ravens fan (obviously) here, but the Ravens thought so little of Wormley that they traded him to their biggest rival, the Steelers, for basically two crab cakes and a case of Natty Bo beer. He was just a guy. Derek Wolfe isn't a flashy guy, but he plays physically and will execute his assignment with sound technique and high football IQ. Last year the Ravens were susceptible to off tackle runs, partly due to players like Wormely not being able to penetrate or set the edge (and also SLOOOW linebackers). It's the reason the Ravens traded for Calais Campbell, attempted to sign Michael Brockers (they backed out and signed Derek Wolfe), then drafted Malik Harrison and Patrick Queen. Other than basically one drive against the Stains, the Ravens have shut down the run. The Ravens defense is built to stop the run first, then get quarterbacks into 3rd and long where Wink Martindale can unleash blitzes behind exotic fronts. This is why the Ravens might not get a lot sacks, but always generate a lot of QB pressure and hits. The team hasn't had truly a dominant pass rusher in years.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 04:34 PM 09-22-2020
Everyone keeps talking about the Ravens not having much of a pass rush, but I could swear Judon was all over Mahomes in our last meeting. I also recall some semi-late hits that he put on Mahomes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:36 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Everyone keeps talking about the Ravens not having much of a pass rush, but I could swear Judon was all over Mahomes in our last meeting. I also recall some semi-late hits that he put on Mahomes.
We also had Cam Erving starting at LT
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 04:38 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We also had Cam Erving starting at LT
Good god, no more explanation needed :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 05:02 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
There were some cheap shots for sure. But if you are gonna do that, you better knock him out of the game. Otherwise it just fires up Mahomes to play better than he did in the first place.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:05 PM 09-22-2020
I have a few ideas for how the Chiefs can win this game.

First, I'm assuming Andy Reid and Spags have played it vanilla up to this point. I suspect we'll open up the playbook, so I'm not so much worried about that.

Several ideas, though:

1. Do not put two undertackles on the field at the same time anymore. Jones and Wharton had to play together sometimes against the Chargers because the Chiefs just ran out of bodies at DT. They need to keep the rotation three players strong now that Pennel is back: Jones, Nnadi, and Pennel. I'd only put Wharton on the field when you have to, which is hopefully never. He's played well but we need tried and true run stuffers in there to protect our linebackers.

2. Give Demone Harris the 2nd most snaps at DE. I'm probably the biggest CP booster of Harris at this point but absolutely everybody underestimates what he did for us last season. Adding him, not Suggs, shored up our run defense on the edge. Harris is a tenacious run defender who doesn't provide a ton of passrush, but if you're more worried about the ground game gashing you than Lamar airing it out, then he makes a ton of sense.

3. Keep DOD at spy. We only really seem to trust DOD as a spy on Deshaun but I think the Chiefs should try him out against Jackson. Keep Jackson honest in the pocket, and if the OL part ways, DOD can hit the hole and rush him in a hurry. The strategy: keep Jackson in the pocket and dare him to outthrow Mahomes.

4. Have Sneed travel with the speedsters, smother the intermediate zones and dare Jackson to beat you deep. That does mean you're going to need a ton of dime looks and I hope they push everybody up to eliminate tight ends and RBs from raking us, which they did against the Chargers. That does mean you have to trust your corners more, and I think you just have to ask Sneed to negate any Ravens speedsters and travel pre-snap to match up against them. Fenton will need some help, though.

5. Play more two TE looks. I don't know why the Chiefs have not used Keizer at all, he looked like a really good receiver in the one practice we watched, and of course his presence allows for more muscle for any number of run plays you can design. I think getting Keizer on the field more than, say, Robinson gives you some advantages.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
notorious 05:07 PM 09-22-2020
Teams are pretty even. Coaching, too.

Normally I would take the better QB for the win, but the Chiefs just got done with a physical overtime game on the west coast and have to travel to the east coast.

Even if the Chiefs lose this one, they will still end their season in a better position.

Calm as a Hindu cow with or without the win.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:09 PM 09-22-2020
Wharton should still play on passing downs Direckshun.

I agree that you don’t want him and Jones on the field together any other time, but on obvious passing downs I love it. That’s a lot of athleticism inside.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:10 PM 09-22-2020

Ravens>Chiefs.

— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) September 22, 2020

[Reply]
Direckshun 05:11 PM 09-22-2020
Ravens/Ratbirds/Shitbirds/Crows fan in piece! ��
I was having a look at the forum and wanted to throw my 2 cents in, purely for genuinely well intended chat.

This is easily our Superbowl. Be that a positive or a negative. Mahomes and Reid are living rent free in Harbaughs head. That was proven last year with the ridiculous 4th down and 2pt coaching calls.
I do think we have the advantage in terms of lineup this game though.

Defence
There seems to be a lot of chat about us being unable to generate a pass rush. We hit Watson 13 times last week, the most in his career. We don't have many 1 on 1 great pass rushers, but that's often overemphasized. And not our scheme. We play a 3-4. With Wolfe, Williams and Campbell on the line.
We then often load the LOS with LBs and DBs. Half our sacks have come from "Blitzers" but we often rush four and drop people you wouldn't expect. Judon and Bowser are two of the best coverage SAM LBs in the league. Judon dropped nearly half his snaps last week. Calais had 3 passes defensed and a tip for a pick against the Browns. The pressure scheme is manufactured brilliantly as opposed to singular great talent.
This works excellently against the younger confused. QBs, or the static ones who find it impossible to dissect. However, Mahomes seems the cryptonite to this. And he's agile enough to take a 7 step drop, see who's coming, and arm it over the top.
On the back end Marlon is a top 3 CB in the league, and will probably shadow Hill. Peter's can get some silly picks but gets burned often as a trade off. Losing Tavon in the slot is huge. We have just four healthy corners now. The top two, and Jimmy Smith who's been playing safety this year. Anthony Averett is trash. Every throw at him has been completed this year.
Our safety's are unknown but our biggest strength.
Chuck Clark is a genius. He got the green dot before he'd even started, and Eric Weddle said he was telling him things even he'd missed after all his years. The Ravens just gave him a new contract and binned off Earl Thomas for punching him in training when Chuck called Earl out for getting burned on a play and not being into his tape. Team sided with Chuck and Earls history. DeShon Elliot plays FS. Hes had a huge reputation for years but had a couple of freak injuries. He's a vicious hitter and of pretty good in coverage. Arguably a step up from Early Thomas, but that's not saying much. He didn't care and was shite last year!

Offense
The Ravens offence gets all the plaudits, but I honestly think it trails the defence.
You have to respect what Lamar's doing. He's statistically the best passer of the football by 23 years old ever. He's thrown 1 INT in his last 29 touchdowns. In 9 games. Yes his running makes his passing easier, and I'm not getting into a debate about his long term health, but he's efficient, safe with the football, and scores points.
He can make every throw (despite what Twitter says) and he would be an above average NFL passer if he couldn't run. Mahomes however, is in a different Stratosphere. Lamar can take the offence on a 13 play 9 minute drive and eat up all the clock, and score points. Mahomes can do it in 90seconds. The winner of the game in my opinion, will be who does either of these the most often.
Hollywood brown spent last year with a screw in his foot, and wasn't allowed to take contact or get to full speed just incase. This year he looks a different player, and is a stud. His rookie numbers compared ever so slightly better than those of Hill. However he was a rs 1 pick and inserted straight away as starter.
Mark Andrews is one of the best receiving TEs in the league. But can't block a dot. So if he's in it tells you were passing. So he only plays about 55-65% of snaps.
Our major problem on offence is our line. It's been poor/awful this year.

Stanley is our premier LT, he's come out of the last two games with injuries. Fluker is the back up but is too slow, and we lose all ability to run pistol and alot of the read option with him in.
Bozeman (LG) is fine
Skura (C) he was superb until he blew his knee out last year, has rushed back but looks slow and overmatched.
Phillips (RG) Rookie. College RG, 3rd round pick. Played Tackle in college and going through usual growing pains.
Zeus (RT) Big immobile unit. Looks great but gets beaten by speed too often.

The Ravens line is the teams biggest weakness. Lamar bails them out more often than not by escaping the pocket and making a play, and therefore boosts their stats. But he was under pressure for over half his snaps in week 1.

I think it'll be a close game. Ravens pass rush is better than you seem to give it credit for, we've never just rushed a front four, but always get pressure. Yet the offensive line seems to get a lot more credit than it really deserves.
Lamars Lamar. You seem to be unable to praise him without people thinking you're giving Mahomes shit and vice versa.
I think the game will be won on whether Mahomes can do in 2-3 minutes what Lamar can do in 9. People reference the Titans loss, but Lamar got over 500 yards and had two TDs dropped in the end zone The defense shit the bed that game. He's also never lost in regular season primetime. But he's never beaten Mahomes. I can't call it, but it's gonna be a great game!

(Sorry if noone cares about my long post and purple ramblings!!)
Holy shit this is excellent stuff.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 57
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up