ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 107
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I suspect the older guy was just a dude that had a gun on him and someone pointed it out. That whole scene looks awfully subdued in the photos we've seen with him.

Afterall, I guarantee you there were more than 2 folks down there who were armed.
He might have been a drunk who got told to leave the scene and ended up in an argument/altercation with officers.
[Reply]
kstater 03:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
That’s not an officer’s weapon; that’s a 60 round magazine which isn’t issue. And a cop would never, ever set his firearm / rifle down. If he had to, he would sling it over his back or hand it to another officer.

There’s a buffer tube (red) poking out of the other bag, which leads me to believe that’s a pistol length AR.

Someone showed up with evil intentions.
I don't disagree, but why wouldn't they take the magazine out? Why would they just set it on the ground and lean against the wall?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TLO 03:36 PM 02-14-2024
The thought of something like this happening crossed my mind when I saw Mahomes/other players walking down the street on the parade route.

I don't care how much security you have, it's a volatile situation.
[Reply]
treeguy27 03:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hitting 15 people though? I guess it's not out of the question with the number of peoplethere.
A couple hundred thousand people standing shoulder to shoulder. Every round not fired up in the air is going to hit someone.

Idiots.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:37 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleanor:
Large, free events in public places downtown are going to attract a lot of problems today. This isn't especially new and it's not unique to KC.

Maybe this event is just too large to manage safely.
Do you ever just :-)?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:37 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
The thought of something like this happening crossed my mind when I saw Mahomes/other players walking down the street on the parade route.

I don't care how much security you have, it's a volatile situation.
Yeah, this’ll be the last time for something like this.

Really shitty that bad people can ruin something for everyone else.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:39 PM 02-14-2024
Looks like a gang banger to me...
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:39 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yeah, this’ll be the last time for something like this.

Really shitty that bad people Guns can ruin something for everyone else.
Edited.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:40 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
Edited.
You’re about to get downvoted to hell.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:40 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yea well, expected.
[Reply]
Old Dog 03:41 PM 02-14-2024
Negged....downvoted....all of the above maybe
[Reply]
ghak99 03:41 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
I don't disagree, but why wouldn't they take the magazine out? Why would they just set it on the ground and lean against the wall?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
Very little of that picture makes sense. I'm guessing the pic was taken while they were still getting the track star out of the dog pile. He was probably trying to run off with both his and his buddies weapon that police had already tackled on the other side of the sidewalk area.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:41 PM 02-14-2024
Guessing part of the confusion about numbers is that some people were injured for reasons other than the shooting itself (i.e., during the panic).

We are at at University Health where a hospital official tells me they have 4 gunshot victims and 8 other people not shot during today’s parade @fox4kc pic.twitter.com/tUukp0sZAW

— Kelli Peltier (@KelliPeltierTV) February 14, 2024

[Reply]
Hog Rider 03:41 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, it wasn't just an idiot with a CCW.

Looks fake. Sharp shadowing doesn't match soft shadows. Not saying it is, just gives me pause.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:41 PM 02-14-2024
I’m actually shocked this hasn’t ended up in the DC. Lasted longer than I expected.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 107
« First < 162223242526 272829303676 > Last »
Up