ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 31
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:01 PM 02-26-2020
Yea that was before the 2017 season. You know, when our defense was legitimately good.

Was the defense not the strength of the team?

Was Sutton not considered one of the better DC’s at the time?

The second post I was completely off on. Didn’t see him going to shit so fast. But let’s not play revisionist history on the other stuff.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:02 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I heard this guy didn't even graduate from high school. Chiefs Blackledge it again.

:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:02 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
The future appears dim.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:08 PM 02-26-2020
Easy to bump a bunch of posts when you literally never have a take yourself. 90% of your posts are 3-5 words and/or a cut & paste.

Fucking loser.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:18 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Easy to bump a bunch of posts when you literally never have a take yourself. 90% of your posts are 3-5 words and/or a cut & paste.

Fucking loser.

I have hot takes. You just don’t pay attention.
[Reply]
xztop123 06:44 PM 02-26-2020
high IQ. compare the way he speaks to dorsey. fluid fast and no pauses. transmits information very fast. honestly a little robotic and “patriot” with his answers. i prefer andy as he tends to be a little more forthright in interviews.

would like to see some insider behind the scenes of his player breakdowns.
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:21 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Print 'em?
fucking aye! Print 'em!
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:41 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yeah it’s been an awful 2 1/2 years.
The 2018 was a pretty big whiff, dude. That was a shitty offseason. You wouldn't call that a collection of growing pains?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:32 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The 2018 was a pretty big whiff, dude. That was a shitty offseason. You wouldn't call that a collection of growing pains?
Definitely. Nnadi has been a good pick. Speaks hasn't looked good, but he missed all last seat, so hopefully there's still hope for him next season. O'Daniel looks like a lost cause. Watts is okay. But it says a lot about him that Thornhill took the starting spot ahead of him as a rookie, and after Thornhill went down, Watts still didn't start. McKenzie isn't even on the team anymore, so that's definitely a fail. Last year was light-years better though. So hopefully that's what we see more of in the future.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:36 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

You are complaining about one year?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:52 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You are complaining about one year?
What did I say when Veach was first hired?

"Expect growing pains."

What did Veach do in his first offseason in charge?

Had some growing pains.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:48 PM 02-26-2020
Leonardo da Veachi

No masterpiece happens overnight.

This guy is like the Mahomes of GMs
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:43 PM 02-26-2020
Lets keep it real Veach came into a great situation that is making him look really good, possibly better than he actually is.

Its a whole lot easier being GM of the Chiefs w Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Chris Jones etc. than it is a team that would be trying to rebuild from scratch.
[Reply]
penchief 01:50 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lets keep it real Veach came into a great situation that is making him look really good, possibly better than he actually is.

Its a whole lot easier being GM of the Chiefs w Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Chris Jones etc. than it is a team that would be trying to rebuild from scratch.
C'mon, man. Veach has been killing it. Maybe that first draft wasn't the greatest but once he got his legs under him he's been nails. Let's do a quick review.

Player for player trades:

1. Eric Murray for Emanuel Ogbah: Homerun
2. Parker Ehringer for Charvarius Ward: Homerun
3. Alex Smith for Kendall Fuller, 3rd round pick that turned into Nnadi: Homerun.
4. Carlos Hyde for Martinas Rankin: Homerun

Draft picks for player trades:

1. 1st & 2nd for Frank Clark: Homerun
2. 4th for Reggie Ragland: Solid contributor and part-time starter.
3. 5th for Cam Erving: Decent depth.
4. 6th for Jordan Lucas: Solid depth.
5. 6th for Darren Lee: Whiff.

Other teams Practice Squad:

1. Harrison Butker: Homerun

Major Free Agents:

1. Tyrann Mathieu: Homerun
2. Sammy Watkins: Starter, major contributor that came up big in big games.
3. Anthony Hitchens: Starter, major contributor, albeit overpaid.
4. Alex Okafor: Starter, very good player before injury.
5. Bashaud Breeland: Starter, major contributor, came up big several times.
6. Damien Wilson: Dang close to a homerun. Easily our best linebacker.
7. Xavier Williams: Whiff

Low Level Free Agents:

1. Damien Williams: Homerun, fits the offense, came up big in big games.
2. Mo Claiborne: Emergency depth.
3. Chad Henne: Solid backup and veteran presence.
4. LeSean McCoy: Emergency depth, filled in effectively during Williams' injury.
5. Austin Reiter: Starter, replaceable but got the job done.
6. Andrew Wylie: Part-time starter, replaceable but did his part.

Off the Couch:

1. Mike Pennel: Homerun.
2. Stefan Wisniewski: Homerun
3. Matt Moore: Homerun

Waiver Wire:

1. Terrell Suggs: Exactly what we needed at exactly that moment.

Draft:

Veach has had two drafts and a total of 12 picks, including zero 1st round picks. Of those 12 picks, 10 are still with the team. McKenzie has been the only wasted pick. Tremon Smith contributed as a 6th round pick on Kick returns. Breeland Speaks is the key to the 2018 draft, as Nnadi is the only top line player from the class.

The 2019 draft has yielded four major contributors and one rookie starter. All four are probably future starters in Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders, and Fenton. Again, four potential starters with no first round pick.

So I don't know what criteria you are using to evaluate Veach's performance but I think you might be missing the boat. Dude did what he needed to do to fix the defense in one season and it was enough to win the championship. He definitely should have been considered for executive of the year.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:37 AM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
C'mon, man. Veach has been killing it. Maybe that first draft wasn't the greatest but once he got his legs under him he's been nails. Let's do a quick review.

Player for player trades:

1. Eric Murray for Emanuel Ogbah: Homerun
2. Parker Ehringer for Charvarius Ward: Homerun
3. Alex Smith for Kendall Fuller, 3rd round pick that turned into Nnadi: Homerun.
4. Carlos Hyde for Martinas Rankin: Homerun

Draft picks for player trades:

1. 1st & 2nd for Frank Clark: Homerun
2. 4th for Reggie Ragland: Solid contributor and part-time starter.
3. 5th for Cam Erving: Decent depth.
4. 6th for Jordan Lucas: Solid depth.
5. 6th for Darren Lee: Whiff.

Other teams Practice Squad:

1. Harrison Butker: Homerun

Major Free Agents:

1. Tyrann Mathieu: Homerun
2. Sammy Watkins: Starter, major contributor that came up big in big games.
3. Anthony Hitchens: Starter, major contributor, albeit overpaid.
4. Alex Okafor: Starter, very good player before injury.
5. Bashaud Breeland: Starter, major contributor, came up big several times.
6. Damien Wilson: Dang close to a homerun. Easily our best linebacker.
7. Xavier Williams: Whiff

Low Level Free Agents:

1. Damien Smith: Homerun, fits the offense, came up big in big games.
2. Mo Claiborne: Emergency depth.
3. Chad Henne: Solid backup and veteran presence.
4. LeSean McCoy: Emergency depth, filled in effectively during Smith's injury.
5. Austin Reiter: Starter, replaceable but got the job done.
6. Andrew Wylie: Part-time starter, replaceable but did his part.

Off the Couch:

1. Mike Pennel: Homerun.
2. Stefan Wisniewski: Homerun
3. Matt Moore: Homerun

Waiver Wire:

1. Terrell Suggs: Exactly what we needed at exactly that moment.

Draft:

Veach has had two drafts and a total of 12 picks, including zero 1st round picks. Of those 12 picks, 10 are still with the team. McKenzie has been the only wasted pick. Tremon Smith contributed as a 6th round pick on Kick returns. Breeland Speaks is the key to the 2018 draft, as Nnadi is the only top line player from the class.

The 2019 draft has yielded four major contributors and one rookie starter. All four are probably future starters in Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders, and Fenton. Again, four potential starters with no first round pick.

So I don't know what criteria you are using to evaluate Veach's performance but I think you might be missing the boat. Dude did what he needed to do to fix the defense in one season and it was enough to win the championship. He definitely should have been considered for executive of the year.
He's been good for sure. I never said in my post that he wasn't. Still doesn't change the fact he came into a great situation that made his job easier than it would be for a GM trying to turn around a shit team like say the Cardinals.

I'm not sold on Veach being a great GM yet. Way too small of a sample size. Give it another year or two and see how he does. Hopefully you guys are right but for now IMO the jury is still out.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 31
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up