ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 54
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
KCUnited 01:43 PM 05-23-2023
They needed to adopt the British detective series model where the protagonist is some dusty librarian looking old guy with halitosis yet is idolized by his colleagues and community for his tenure of brilliance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
They needed to adopt the British detective series model where the protagonist is some dusty librarian looking old guy with halitosis yet is idolized by his colleagues and community for his tenure of brilliance.
4 years in that dusty old British detective turns into Jason Bourne, though.

Or was that JUST Sherlock?
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:07 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
4 years in that dusty old British detective turns into Jason Bourne, though.

Or was that JUST Sherlock?
I was thinking mostly frumpy throughout

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:09 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's really the best way to treat cherished Intellectual Property, right? Characters that have been loved for decades.

Just...shit on 'em. Make sure that what you learn, 30 years after you cheered for the good guys to win, was that none of it matters and everyone hates themselves in the end.

Just a home run approach, really.
I don't get it. It's really not that hard to sideline a beloved character respectfully instead of what Disney keeps doing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 05-23-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:14 PM 05-23-2023

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:39 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Epic. All of it. #TheRiseofSkywalker is a terrific finale that is just stuffed with so much of everything. Action, adventure — answers!! — humor, heart, love, and grit. I spent the entire second half with tears in my eyes - a wonderful way to end the Skywalker story pic.twitter.com/K2NhHSGWzM

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) December 17, 2019

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:52 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Paid shill
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 05-23-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM 05-23-2023
FRENCHMEN LOVE IT

Originally Posted by :
Liberation: "Stunning fifth installment in the saga, James Mangold's film brings its hero out of retirement to face a threat from the past. With Harrison Ford, as a good old star as we do more."

Le Figaro: "This fifth and final film, lively and lively, brings to a brilliant close a legendary saga that began 42 years ago with Raiders of the Lost Ark, signed by the creative duo George Lucas and Steven Spielberg."

Le Monde: "At 300 million dollars (against 18 for the first episode), Mangold could have afforded to miss the funeral, but he gets away with it with honors."

Le Parisien: "We saw the new Indiana Jones... and we loved it. Spectacular, funny and very spirited, he made us capsize."

20 Minutes: "History and history intertwine in a very funny way and the superb action scenes often give way to beautiful moments between the characters. We even wiped away a little tear from time to time."

Premiere: "If the film never reaches the heights of Steven Spielberg's first three in terms of action and comic timing, James Mangold elegantly appropriates Indiana Jones, between great spectacle and very clever modernization of the legend. "

Le Point: "The 5th film in the saga partially redeems the disappointment of the previous one and the aging myth regains color."

La Voix du Nord: "Credible or not, it's jubilant. (...) However, this generosity also has its downside. A litany of references to the saga that turns into self-quotation, even copying."

Sud Ouest: "Spectacular, funny... A sometimes implausible farewell but one that has panache."

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:09 PM 05-23-2023

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:54 AM 05-24-2023
Oof. Seeing a lot of reviews that make me believe the plot synopsis I read was legit. Welp, on the bright side this may finally be what gets KK ousted, although I doubt anyone that would replace her does any difference
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:38 AM 05-24-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oof. Seeing a lot of reviews that make me believe the plot synopsis I read was legit. Welp, on the bright side this may finally be what gets KK ousted, although I doubt anyone that would replace her does any difference
Should have happened YEARS ago; she is utterly incompetent. KK must have pictures, video, and DNA evidence on Disney execs...
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:54 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Should have happened YEARS ago; she is utterly incompetent. KK must have pictures, video, and DNA evidence on Disney execs...
You don't understand. She is doing what she wants to do and her brand of beliefs are in vogue.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:22 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

This is the beginning of the end of woke films pushing agendas and ignoring profits
[Reply]
Page 26 of 54
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up