ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 259 of 324
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:11 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Some people around here made a case for Alex Smith and his "hidden touchdowns" too.
Look if you're not even gonna respond to the points in the video it's clear you're the one ignoring facts here.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:11 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
He was better than Grbac, which is what killed me to accept at that time.
He was also infinitely better than Bono, and had Marty gone to him sooner, we probably win the Indy game.

He was an inch off of Lake Dawson's fingertips from saving the game.

As for Grbac, coaches did things different back then. Starters didn't lose their jobs to injury if they were cleared to play.

I think Belicheat was the first time I saw a starter flat out lose his job to injury, when he kept Brady as the starter and Drew Bledsoe was healthy.

Gannon was on a pretty hot streak while Grbac was out with the collarbone. Should've stuck with Gannon, and then if he faltered, you could put Grbac in there at that point.

I think if Gannon retained that starting job over Grbac, the Chiefs win the Denver game.
[Reply]
rico 03:13 PM 11-27-2022
Some people around here made a case for Alex Smith and his "hidden touchdowns" too.
:-)

YES they certainly did!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:15 PM 11-27-2022
He was also infinitely better than Bono, and had Marty gone to him sooner, we probably win the Indy game.

As for Grbac, coaches did things different back then. Starters didn't lose their jobs to injury if they were cleared to play.

I think Belicheat was the first time I saw a starter flat out lose his job to injury, when he kept Brady as the starter and Drew Bledsoe was healthy.

Gannon was on a pretty hot streak while Grbac was out with the collarbone. Should've stuck with Gannon, and then if he faltered, you could put Grbac in there at that point.

I think if Gannon retained that starting job over Grbac, the Chiefs win the Denver game.
The fact people still argue for Grbac when we had to burn two of our precious 2nd half timeouts in the 3rd quarter because Grbac was "out of breath" is wild. Grbac wasn't even trusted to throw the ball deep in the first half like it was a preseason game and didn't even have the conditioning to play. That makes his argument dead to rights from the beginning.

What I tell myself is that even a Super Bowl loss to the Packers with Gannon could have created a butterfly effect that kept us from getting Patrick... and given us even more sorrow in our franchise to boot.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:51 PM 11-27-2022
I really hope folks weren't bitching about Spags today, given that we gave up 10 points.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:19 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I really hope folks weren't bitching about Spags today, given that we gave up 10 points.
Lol, what do you think the odds of that are?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:21 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You know 100% people were bitching. We also had 2 turnovers including the muffed punt.

I think they had less than 200 yards net offense.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:22 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You know 100% people were bitching. We also had 2 turnovers including the muffed punt.

198 yds.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:29 PM 11-27-2022

We were pretty damn dominant on that side of the ball. I guess I'm not sure what there is to bitch about.
[Reply]
Bump 07:32 PM 11-27-2022

that's some shit I remember vividly, when Gannon came in during that game he almost hit Lake Dawson for the winner and it was cold as hell that day. The offense was kinda rolling with Gannon, not putting up anything amazing stat wise but I remember thinking this had to be the year and then marty fucked it up.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:33 PM 11-27-2022
It felt like that game was over when the Chiefs scored their first TD. Turns out it basically was.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:39 PM 11-27-2022

I hate Spags, and I really have no complaints today. The only thing that even annoyed me was two plays where Chris Jones, and then Frank Clark, were in coverage on wide receivers 10-15 yards down field.

Normally, this would piss me off, because there is no possible way that either of them can succeed in pass coverage, and Spags always puts players in position to fail. But, I knew that the Rams couldn't score enough to win

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:47 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
What I tell myself is that even a Super Bowl loss to the Packers with Gannon could have created a butterfly effect that kept us from getting Patrick... and given us even more sorrow in our franchise to boot.
like carl never gets fired in 2008? :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:47 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I hate Spags, and I really have no complaints today. The only thing that even annoyed me was two plays where Chris Jones, and then Frank Clark, were in coverage on wide receivers 10-15 yards down field.

Normally, this would piss me off, because there is no possible way that either of them can succeed in pass coverage, and Spags always puts players in position to fail. But, I knew that the Rams couldn't score enough to win

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Spags always put players in position to fail?!?!?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:54 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Spags always put players in position to fail?!?!?
unbelievable.
[Reply]
Page 259 of 324
« First < 159209249255256257258259 260261262263269309 > Last »
Up