ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 288
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Direckshun 10:42 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I think DJ Moore? (it's some active WR) hits the floor before he runs into contact very very often. Making business decisions and increasing his longevity rather than fighting for that extra yard through 2 or 3 guys.

EDIT: I lied, it was Tyler Lockett.

Tyreek makes a living doing that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:51 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I think DJ Moore? (it's some active WR) hits the floor before he runs into contact very very often. Making business decisions and increasing his longevity rather than fighting for that extra yard through 2 or 3 guys.

EDIT: I lied, it was Tyler Lockett.

Lockett talked about this early in the season and he said it is the reason why he is still in the league. Get what you can then get down or OOB before you take the hit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 12-19-2022
holy fucking shit

That play happened right in front of me. Definitely put the distance into perspective! pic.twitter.com/nF6PJihh2G

— Adam Russell (11-3) (@arussell0360) December 19, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 10:54 AM 12-19-2022
Look at MVS all by himself. If only he had more time.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:09 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Look at MVS all by himself. If only he had more time.
Damn, no lie
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM 12-19-2022
patrick had two chances at 95+ yard TDs in three plays :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He ran out of a clean pocket and created pressure there.

Didn't seem like he needed to do it to create a throwing lane either.
So it's off topic, but this is why I can't really got on board with all the "pressures given up" metric.

He creates some of them himself with his play style.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 12-19-2022
The RAC is fine if you can but for the most part, catch it and get on the ground if you're in the MOF>
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So it's off topic, but this is why I can't really got on board with all the "pressures given up" metric.

He creates some of them himself with his play style.
Yeah, I've said all year, for good and bad, that I just don't care much for hurries as a statistic.

They're just too objective and too dependent on play style. And all too often they don't really impact the play.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 12-19-2022
Yeah, I've said all year, for good and bad, that I just don't care much for hurries as a statistic.

They're just too objective and too dependent on play style. And all too often they don't really impact the play.
I think it's hand in hand though. You can tell early in games where he doesn't trust the T"s and starts bailing and leaves clean pockets.

I get it, but it can't keep happening.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:02 PM 12-19-2022
See, I actually thought that was a smart play.

We've all played Madden and know when/how to hit that Square button to dive for the extra yard or so when we see a window closing. I think that's what he was doing there.

He knew the safety was coming downhill into him and there was only another yard or two to gain there, so he tapped the ol' square button, dove forward for the additional yardage and got back to the huddle.
I would much rather see the guys get down quickly and avoid fumbling or injuring themselves. It's not worth the risk of either scenario just to gain a few extra yards. Only time to really put your body on the line or risk a fumble would be if you are trying to reach for the first down marker on 3rd or 4th down...or trying to reach for the goal line on 3rd or 4th down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:05 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I would much rather see the guys get down quickly and avoid fumbling or injuring themselves. It's not worth the risk of either scenario just to gain a few extra yards. Only time to really put your body on the line or risk a fumble would be if you are trying to reach for the first down marker on 3rd or 4th down...or trying to reach for the goal line on 3rd or 4th down.
It's situation dependent.

But in this situation I don't actually think he left much meat on the bone. Maaaaybe an additional yard. But that safety was closing right into that gap and I'm not convinced he would've gone any farther than the dive/roll got him.

And as noted, it was a hell of a lot safer both from a player health and ball security standpoint.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:05 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It's situation dependent.

But in this situation I don't actually think he left much meat on the bone. Maaaaybe an additional yard. But that safety was closing right into that gap and I'm not convinced he would've gone any farther than the dive/roll got him.

And as noted, it was a hell of a lot safer both from a player health and ball security standpoint.
[Reply]
-King- 12:22 PM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
A few of those are smart plays, but man at least try for the first down when you're at the sticks.
Yeah he has a few of those where it's like...you could have gotten a few more yards before going down dude.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:01 PM 12-20-2022
insanity

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 12-20-2022
lulz

[Reply]
Page 257 of 288
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267 > Last »
Up