ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 319
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:48 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They can only get what’s available though. And at LT, that’s not much
Guys will be released over the next coming days and we also have no idea who might be available via trade.

There's a lot more available than we know.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:50 PM 03-18-2021
They can only get what’s available though. And at LT, that’s not much
The reporter said Veach is still working on a LT.

I wouldn’t count on having a pick at 31 this year...
[Reply]
O.city 06:53 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Guys will be released over the next coming days and we also have no idea who might be available via trade.

There's a lot more available than we know.
Hopefully.

I’d guess it’s gotta be a trade because Veach doesn’t seem like a “settle for a spot filling veteran place holder” type gm
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 06:55 PM 03-18-2021
Hopefully.

I’d guess it’s gotta be a trade because Veach doesn’t seem like a “settle for a spot filling veteran place holder” type gm
If it was a FA, I think he'd already be signed. The question is, who is the trade target and what will he cost?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:01 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Link?
[Reply]
BossChief 07:05 PM 03-18-2021
Hopefully.

I think trading for Orlando Brown seems very similar to Andy trading for Jason Peters in Philly.

He showed last year after Staley got hurt that he could play LT...just in a completely different offense.

He’s also said signing an extension would be part of the deal...so long term premium position being locked down with a guy that made the pro bowl and both OT spots for only a first would be a deal I’d be happy with.

Can someone with more knowledge about Brown explain why this isn’t a preferred route, right now? Especially if Baltimore is open to trading him to us.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:07 PM 03-18-2021

I never doubted Veach for a second.

Ronnie Stanley here we come!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:07 PM 03-18-2021
I think trading for Orlando Brown seems very similar to Andy trading for Jason Peters in Philly.

He showed last year after Staley got hurt that he could play LT...just in a completely different offense.

He’s also said signing an extension would be part of the deal...so long term premium position being locked down with a guy that made the pro bowl and both OT spots for only a first would be a deal I’d be happy with.

Can someone with more knowledge about Brown explain why this isn’t a preferred route, right now? Especially if Baltimore is open to trading him to us.
Probably because Baltimore won’t trade to a contending conference rival
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 PM 03-18-2021
He’s not a great pass blocker right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:11 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
If it was a FA, I think he'd already be signed. The question is, who is the trade target and what will he cost?
Guys are still being released. It's hard to sign someone who isn't available yet.
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 PM 03-18-2021
Guys are still being released. It's hard to sign someone who isn't available yet.
I’m doubting anyone releasing a starting caliber LT
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:14 PM 03-18-2021
We don't necessarily need a long-term starter. Potentially, we just need someone to hold the spot while a rookie gets ready to start.

There's like a dozen ways they could do this. This discussion is WAY premature.

Because Chiefs is done, it doesn't exist anymore.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:16 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Probably because Baltimore won’t trade to a contending conference rival
Don't forget, who is their Kryptonite! :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:16 PM 03-18-2021
Besides that, he'd immediately go on waivers, the Jaguars would claim him and hold him hostage for a massive return.

Jack Easterby might do something that stupid but Eric DeCosta would never allow that to happen.
[Reply]
-King- 07:16 PM 03-18-2021
You might want to wait more than 1 day into free agency.

They're not done.
Can we stop being disingenuous acting like it's only been 1 day of free agency? It's been 4 and most difference makers have been signed already.

Hopefully some good players are cut or are put up for trade but for the most part, the difference makers are gone.

Still holding out hope for Juju though .
[Reply]
Page 255 of 319
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305 > Last »
Up