ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 254 of 379
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264304354 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition)
TLO 07:03 PM 01-19-2020
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Jesus, just read the predictions thread. A lot of posters here are calling a Chiefs blowout. I’m glad they are confident, but logic and the eye test says this will be a closely contested game.

As far as my comment regarding extra possessions, I guess I’m just hoping that things go our way with regards to turnovers as the Texans game showed us a team that was not ready to play from the opening kick off. Thankfully once the offense began to wake up, and Sorenson made those great effort plays, things turned around. I don’t know if the 49ers will afford the Chiefs many opportunities for momentum changing plays. I agree with what you say about us not being able to afford to give them anything extra. Toub is the guy I trust the least right now from a coaching perspective. There have been way too many breakdowns with special teams this late in the season.
I called for a 34-27 Chiefs win. I think it’s going to be a close game for the most part.
[Reply]
TomahawkChump 06:41 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ve gone along this year by pure talent and luck. They haven’t had much experience against adversity and their schedule was very weak.

They better hope they don’t fall behind by double-digits early or it could get messy for them. They haven’t been challenged like that ball year in a big game.
:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 06:55 AM 01-28-2020
Any KC fan overlooking this 49ers team is nuts. They are elite. That being said they are not invincible.

The KC defense will ultimately decide this game, And it will come down to how effectively the LB corps controls the 49ers running backs in the passing game. The Packers exposed the Chiefs defence by finding this gross mismatch, and I pray to God that Spags helps the lack of talent this roster has at linebacker through some scheme adjustments, because Shanahan will sure test that unit.
I expect Shanahan to try to tendency break and come out throwing early to soften up the Chiefs secondary, and when they back off a bit, that is when they will employ heavy doses of the outside zone run. It would be nice if the secondary can generate a couple turnovers because I think the Chiefs will need some extra possessions to ultimately beat this 49ers team. That being said, I do like how the Chiefs offense matches up against the 49ers defence. The Chiefs offensive line is under the radar right now and has been outstanding the entire postseason. If they stay true to form, Mahomes could go off big time.
Take the over.
I don’t think they are being overlooked. They are good but I think calling them elite is a stretch. They were inches from being a #5 seed and they won a lot of games in the final moments. The law of averages says that can’t continue. Had they even split those games they don’t make the playoffs. Look at the Chargers. They benefited from those close wins last year and ended up 12-4 and got exposed by NE in they playoffs. This year they didn’t get those breaks and will be drafting top 10.
[Reply]
TomahawkChump 07:18 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I don’t think they are being overlooked. They are good but I think calling them elite is a stretch. They were inches from being a #5 seed and they won a lot of games in the final moments. The law of averages says that can’t continue. Had they even split those games they don’t make the playoffs. Look at the Chargers. They benefited from those close wins last year and ended up 12-4 and got exposed by NE in they playoffs. This year they didn’t get those breaks and will be drafting top 10.
Yeah, they definitely aren’t elite since they were almost a 5 seed. Let’s diminish their achievements due to them having another dominate team in their division. Winning close divisional games and only losing on the final play 3x shows weakness. More astute analysis please.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:29 AM 01-28-2020
The second half of the season, our defense was just as good as theirs. In slightly different ways, but there are any number of stats you can pull to show they're comparable. With a different coordinator, system, like 8 new starters, and fighting through massive injuries, I don't think that's cherrypicking, I think it's reasonable to say that the last 8 games is what they are.

We've BEEN the 49'ers so many times.

mid-level QB, good running game, tough defense.

I don't think that wins over the best QB in football, tons of weapons, and also a tough defense.

I think OUR defense is the real x-factor here, and I expect them to show up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:32 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by TomahawkChump:
Yeah, they definitely aren’t elite since they were almost a 5 seed. Let’s diminish their achievements due to them having another dominate team in their division. Winning close divisional games and only losing on the final play 3x shows weakness. More astute analysis please.
Now the Seahawks are dominant. Jesus.
[Reply]
TomahawkChump 08:43 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They've finished 7 out of the last 8 seasons with 10 or more wins and in the playoffs. During that span they've won a Super Bowl and should've won a second. This year they were 1 inch from winning the west. Maybe dominant is the wrong word, but they are far better than the second best team in the AFC West. The point being, which you seem to have missed (I'll put in more simple midwest terms for you), almost being a 5 seed due to having another playoff team in your division is not an implication (definition: the conclusion that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated) of an average season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Seahawks are essentially a poor man's Chiefs yet the Chiefs are the beneficiaries of a fortunate schedule and the Seahawks are 'dominant'.

I mean that's just laughable.

The Chiefs are better in EVERY SINGLE WAY. Literally every way. Well, except punter - Dickson is awesome.

Mahomes > Wilson
Williams > Marshawn's corpse
Kelce > Hollister
Hill > Lockett
Watkins > Metcalf
Chiefs OL > Seahawks OL
Chiefs DL > Seahawks DL
Chiefs secondary > Seahawks secondary

Bobby Wagner is a probable 1st ballot HoFer when all is said and done so I'll give the Seahawks the advantage at LBer.

But apart from LBer and Punter, the Seahawks are essentially built the same way as the Chiefs and attempt to do the same things as the Chiefs but simply don't do them nearly as well.

And now they're 'dominant'.

Aight.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:51 AM 01-28-2020
The Seahawks are “dominant”.

Lost to the Rams and the Cardinals.
Barely beat the Bengals, Steelers, Rams, Browns, Eagles, Bucs and Panthers.
[Reply]
TomahawkChump 08:51 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Seahawks are essentially a poor man's Chiefs yet the Chiefs are the beneficiaries of a fortunate schedule and the Seahawks are 'dominant'.

I mean that's just laughable.

The Chiefs are better in EVERY SINGLE WAY. Literally every way. Well, except punter - Dickson is awesome.

Mahomes > Wilson
Williams > Marshawn's corpse
Kelce > Hollister
Hill > Lockett
Watkins > Metcalf
Chiefs OL > Seahawks OL
Chiefs DL > Seahawks DL
Chiefs secondary > Seahawks secondary

Bobby Wagner is a probable 1st ballot HoFer when all is said and done so I'll give the Seahawks the advantage at LBer.

But apart from LBer and Punter, the Seahawks are essentially built the same way as the Chiefs and attempt to do the same things as the Chiefs but simply don't do them nearly as well.

And now they're 'dominant'.

Aight.
You're making up an argument that didn't exist, you dunce. No one said they were better than the Chiefs, but thank you for the unbiased breakdown.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 AM 01-28-2020
They've finished 7 out of the last 8 seasons with 10 or more wins and in the playoffs. During that span they've won a Super Bowl and should've won a second. This year they were 1 inch from winning the west. Maybe dominant is the wrong word, but they are far better than the second best team in the AFC West. The point being, which you seem to have missed (I'll put in more simple midwest terms for you), almost being a 5 seed due to having another playoff team in your division is not an implication (definition: the conclusion that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated) of an average season.
You realize that the Broncos and Raiders went 7-9 because they got swept by the Chiefs, right?

Like, they're not amazing football teams by any stretch, but they were .500 squads in non-Chiefs matchups. They weren't rummies.

They were simply outclassed by a superior squad. The 49ers meanwhile lost a game and should've lost another to a team that is inferior to the Chiefs in virtually every way.

But yeah - keep telling yourself that's a great Seattle unit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 01-28-2020
You're making up an argument that didn't exist, you dunce. No one said they were better than the Chiefs, but thank you for the unbiased breakdown.
You called them a dominant team, sweetheart.

If 80% of the Chiefs = 'dominant', then you've defined the word out of existence.

If you don't want people to pick apart your idiocy, try not being an idiot.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:55 AM 01-28-2020
Reading is fundamental. I never diminished their achievements. I stated they were good and not being overlooked. I also stated they were not elite and why. I even gave a comparison which was last year’s Chargers team. Bottom line is SF is in the SB, no doubt about it and they deserve the credit due to them for that, but that doesn’t make them elite.
[Reply]
wachashi 08:58 AM 01-28-2020
Over the last 10 Super Bowls, only 2 teams with a clear QB disadvantage have won. Niners are going to need some help to win this game.

Code:

SUPER BOWL WINNER LOSER QB EDGE
2010 Drew Brees Peyton Manning NEUTRAL
2011 Aaron Rodgers Ben Roethlisberger WINNING TEAM
2012 Eli Manning Tom Brady LOSING TEAM
2013 Joe Flacco Colin Kaepernick NEUTRAL
2014 Russell Wilson Peyton Manning NEUTRAL
2015 Tom Brady Russell Wilson NEUTRAL
2016 Peyton Manning Cam Newton WINNING TEAM
2017 Tom Brady Matt Ryan WINNING TEAM
2018 Nick Foles Tom Brady LOSING TEAM
2019 Tom Brady Jared Goff WINNING TEAM

[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM 01-28-2020
Any KC fan overlooking this 49ers team is nuts. They are elite. That being said they are not invincible.

The KC defense will ultimately decide this game, And it will come down to how effectively the LB corps controls the 49ers running backs in the passing game. The Packers exposed the Chiefs defence by finding this gross mismatch, and I pray to God that Spags helps the lack of talent this roster has at linebacker through some scheme adjustments, because Shanahan will sure test that unit.
I expect Shanahan to try to tendency break and come out throwing early to soften up the Chiefs secondary, and when they back off a bit, that is when they will employ heavy doses of the outside zone run. It would be nice if the secondary can generate a couple turnovers because I think the Chiefs will need some extra possessions to ultimately beat this 49ers team. That being said, I do like how the Chiefs offense matches up against the 49ers defence. The Chiefs offensive line is under the radar right now and has been outstanding the entire postseason. If they stay true to form, Mahomes could go off big time.
Take the over.
If we can limit their rushing attack and force them to be one dimensional, they’re done. We aren’t playing Rodgers, Watson or Wilson out there. Jimmy G is not that fast, so he isn’t going to evade guys and beat us down field.

Jimmy G is a system QB. Once the system breaks down he’s Pretty much done. He isn’t going to be making those crazy plays out of structure consistently. That’s just not who he is.

As I mentioned, Matheiu is the best slot corner in the league and that’s where Jimmy G has the most success passing. If we force them to pass, put HB in the slot and jam the hell out of Kittle at the line, we can pull out all of the stunts, twists, blitzes that Spags wants.

It really depends how the game starts. If we get out to a double-digit lead early, that puts a shit load of pressure on SF and takes away what they are good at.
[Reply]
Page 254 of 379
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264304354 > Last »
Up