ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 254 of 293
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:08 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Are you seriously going to argue that our roster has better players on it than Dukes? Really? Even after bashing self for relying on guards that had committed to Appalachian state and Towson? Really?
I don't think Dukes roster is good at all, outside of Bagley.

That's just me. Maybe they lost 8 games for reasons only you can explain.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 02:14 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Duke's roster was the most talented in the country, bar none.

But they were freshmen, and they stopped fighting. We had seniors who realized early on what this game was. Outside of Grayson Allen, Duke didn't understand what a dog fight the elite 8 is. They kept waiting for the game to be put away.

Even at the end, they just sloughed off guarding the inbounds. That's 18 year olds who are 5 seconds away from their NBA careers starting.

That was the difference.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:22 PM 03-26-2018

We lost games we shouldn’t have too. 7 of them to be exact.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 02:56 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Mass St. was indeed nuts after the game. I watched at Liberty Hall (which was SO fun), and as soon as the game ended, the masses were on the street. North Mass crowd started going south, then what appeared to be a huge crowd from the Granada area started coming north. The meeting in the middle was rowdy!
How early did you get to Liberty Hall? I'm thinking of trying that for Saturday, but have never been in Lawrence for a tournament game.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:31 PM 03-26-2018
We lost games we shouldn’t have too. 7 of them to be exact.
I guess you kinda just made my point.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:44 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
How early did you get to Liberty Hall? I'm thinking of trying that for Saturday, but have never been in Lawrence for a tournament game.
For this showing, they opened up the doors 1 hour before the game. I got there a little more than an hour beforehand and had a handful of people in front of me in line. Got perfect seats in the balcony.

Not sure if they'll follow that same route for the next game or open it up earlier. I'd recommend getting there earlier than what I did. Cash bar, FYI. And I'd park a few blocks away from Mass Street if you hope to leave anytime that evening.
[Reply]
teedubya 04:56 PM 03-26-2018
I predicted KU would lose to Duke, because I always pick KU to win... so I switched it around, Garcia Bronco reverse mojo style.

is there any place to watch this game online as an archive?

I got an airplane to Kiev and saw the first 30 minutes of the game... I'd love to watch the OT before this weekend.

tw
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:11 PM 03-26-2018
I guess you kinda just made my point.
By what logic did us losing 7 games and them losing 8 prove your point that KUs talent is materially better than Dukes besides them having a fucking assload more draft able players than we do when the draft is largely based on raw talent and measurables?
[Reply]
Pablo 06:18 PM 03-26-2018
Powerade Jam Fest on ESPN2 if you need some basketball action. Dotson just sunk a half court shot for some team shoot out thing. Part of McDonald's All American week.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:27 PM 03-26-2018
KcConnection....

Billay’s more retarded brother to the north.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:48 PM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
KcConnection....

Billay’s more retarded brother to the north.
C'mon brah, you trying to tell me billay's dad got laid TWICE?
[Reply]
Pablo 06:50 PM 03-26-2018
Gonna be a dunk contest going down here shortly on this Powerade thing.

Do the girls here have a layup contest or what?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:32 PM 03-26-2018
Hootie has missed something even more obvious in his futile attempts to disprove the efficacy of KenPom.

The reason why it might underrate KU isn't because of Malik, it is that KU could be a better defensive team in the tournament than their statistical profile indicates. In contrast to the regular season grind where the team basically only played 6 players for 4 months and those 6 players had to conserve energy in such games in order to stay/play in them, they are exerting far more effort on the defensive end because of the stage/significance/finality of the games. Note that this still wouldn't change the fact that Villanova is a superior team in all facets, that Kansas is the clear underdog in Saturday's game, or that an incredible game will be necessary to pull off this upset, but it is something that hasn't been mentioned yet.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:50 PM 03-26-2018
By what logic did us losing 7 games and them losing 8 prove your point that KUs talent is materially better than Dukes besides them having a ****ing assload more draft able players than we do when the draft is largely based on raw talent and measurables?
I didn't say that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:57 PM 03-26-2018
Duke superior talent?

Lol. Nobody with a brain thinks that

:-)
[Reply]
Page 254 of 293
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264 > Last »
Up