ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 295
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
notorious 11:08 AM 10-12-2022
I'm done getting upset over this guy.

He's JAG. He will be released when his time is up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Talking about the 3rd and 3 when he ran right? I thought he got tripped up by the DE that fell, but then he got tackled by a LB because he lost his balance. But there was no angle that showed exactly what happened when he went through the hole. I thought someone from the OL threw their hands up in a reaction to "Where is the tripping flag?"
Just found the play again and it was Wylie that threw his hands up. But I think he was wrong.

He seemed upset that Crosby submarined him. But the new 'blocking below the waist' rule only applies outside the TE box. That was at the LOS and clearly within the TE box so it's legal.

That's just the old school 'dirt diver' play that guys sometimes use and typically an OL will put a forearm into their neck and pile-drive their asses into the ground for it. You rarely see guys do it because OL fucking hate it and will absolutely punish you for it.

But in a desperation situation, I'm about 100% sure it's legal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:53 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 ypc with Mahomes

Clyde Edwards-Helaire averages 4.4 ypc with Mahomes.
clyde carries the ball a lot less - keeps his average up
[Reply]
dlphg9 10-12-2022, 12:14 PM
This message has been deleted by dlphg9.
Tribal Warfare 01:13 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
clyde carries the ball a lot less - keeps his average up
Kareem led the league in rushing yards too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:41 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

I don’t think he’s a JAG. I still love him in high leverage situations. Short yardage, run out the clock, etc…. He was good against Oakland in those situations especially now knowing that there was some dirty shit on the last run where he lost yards. I don’t know why Andy keeps marching him out there as a shotgun back on long yardage situations. And I still don’t love McKinnon being our goal line RB.

The sooner we can get Pacheco in for the early downs ceh can be plenty effective as a situational back
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:50 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t think he’s a JAG. I still love him in high leverage situations. Short yardage, run out the clock, etc…. He was good against Oakland in those situations especially now knowing that there was some dirty shit on the last run where he lost yards. I don’t know why Andy keeps marching him out there as a shotgun back on long yardage situations. And I still don’t love McKinnon being our goal line RB.

The sooner we can get Pacheco in for the early downs ceh can be plenty effective as a situational back
What was dirty about it?

Crosby didn't leg whip him, he undercut Wylie and Clyde ran into his legs and got taken down by them.

He's absolutely a JAG, IMO. There's just not a ton he genuinely does well. If he improves in pass pro he'll likely have a good career as a 3rd down back but I don't see much else there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:52 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Maybe it looked different on television, but that 2nd down run (2nd and 2ish?) on the Chiefs last drive of the game, there was a hole there and CEH got taken down by a guy just falling to the ground, no?

He just didn't get through that hole with any authority and all so it closed up backside on him. Instead he loses has balance because Crosby's foot hit him in the thigh pad. If he hits that hole hard he has a lane to the outside where he can at least get Diablo to half a man and power through him to the sticks.

A quality RB converts that play - it's exactly the difference between a good RB and a fungible one. Clyde is just fungible.
yeah, that was a bad one for sure.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:52 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

Not sure why he continues to be RB1… he does nothing better than McKinnon or Pacheco.
[Reply]
TEX 01:54 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Not sure why he continues to be RB1… he does nothing better than McKinnon or Pacheco.
He's a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:56 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's a 1st round pick.
It's pretty clear that the coaches don't care about draft position.

All three backs do some good things and Andy will likely ride the hot hand.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 10-12-2022
He's a 1st round pick.
I refuse to believe that Andy Reid makes decisions that way.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He pretty clearly does not.
[Reply]
TEX 01:58 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not above giving a 1st round pick every chance to succeed. Do you really believe that the Chiefs would be starting Clyde if he had not been a #1 pick? :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:08 PM 10-12-2022
He's not above giving a 1st round pick every chance to succeed. Do you really believe that the Chiefs would be starting Clyde if he had not been a #1 pick? :-)
Let's be honest: #32 in the draft is basically a 2nd round pick. It's not like CEH was drafted in the top 15.

But the other reality is that when Jerrick came to the Chiefs he had a history of not being able to stay healthy, and he was brand new to the playbook and the team. And that was just last year, so he still probably doesn't know the whole playbook, at least as far as the receiving part of it goes. But he can pass block, and he's had a season with the team, which is why he'd start over Pacheco, who's a rook.

But CEH knows more of the playbook and has more familiarity with the team than either of those guys, which is probably why he starts over the other RBs, more than where he was drafted.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Let's be honest: #32 in the draft is basically a 2nd round pick. It's not like CEH was drafted in the top 15.

But the other reality is that when Jerrick came to the Chiefs he had a history of not being able to stay healthy, and he was brand new to the playbook and the team. And that was just last year, so he still probably doesn't know the whole playbook, at least as far as the receiving part of it goes. But he can pass block, and he's had a season with the team, which is why he'd start over Pacheco, who's a rook.

But CEH knows more of the playbook and has more familiarity with the team than either of those guys, which is probably why he starts over the other RBs, more than where he was drafted.
No - 32 in the draft is a 1st round pick. We slide that scale when we find it useful to support an argument. Is 37 basically a first round pick? Oh sure, if that's what we trade for. Or how about 40?

Bryan Cook wasn't 'basically a 3rd round pick' - dude is a second rounder. To whatever extent that matters to you, that's what he was.

A first round pick has a 5th year option. He costs more money. And yes, he comes with expectations - expectations that MEH hasn't met. Moreover, you cite Pacheco - Pacheco was a 7th round pick, so who cares if MEH was 'basically a 2nd round pick' - he's performed to the level of 3rd day guys.

As for his 'familiarity with the team' - McKinnon is a 7 year veteran who's been with the team for a year and a half. He's been through 2 camps with the team and has practiced with them. He also gets key snaps on 3rd downs when Andy is using the most complicated plays he has. Familiarity isn't an issue.

Frank Clark wouldn't be on this roster had we not given up what we gave to acquire him. The organization has a blind spot for him. It seems more and more the case that they have one for Clyde as well. He's just not much of an asset at all.
[Reply]
Page 253 of 295
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263 > Last »
Up