ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 252 of 295
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:31 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He's been a disappointment in a lot of ways, for sure.

He only had 700 yards and 2 TDs last year on 80+ targets. I'm pretty sure he got benched at some point in the season as well, though I doubt the coaching staff would admit it.
I haven’t been disappointed because I didn't have high expectations for him.

He's a useful player but an obvious miss when you consider who else was on the board.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:51 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Those are drive killers that KC's defense can't always make up for.

So of course he takes heat for it.

His yards have gone up each year and I expect last season is probably his floor as far as stats.

He can no doubt make plays, but I don't really trust him when things are on the line. Maybe the mistrust is no longer justified. I hope so.

WTF are you talking about? Hardman has come up clutch in several big time games and i the playoffs. That catch in the back of the endzone against the Saints was clutch as you can get. He redeemed himself after making a muffed punt and Patrick went right back to him and he scored a touchdown I think it was against the Bills the other ear. He did come up big against the Bills with his afterburners against the Bills scoring a touchdown that was fucking The Flash speed. Hardman is also the one that gave us the spark to make a comeback from 24-0 against the Texans playoff game in the first quarter with his 60+ yard kick off return. Hardman has made clutch for us but he doesn't get credit. Tyreek made more mistakes caused turnovers and literally cost us the AFCCG but he isn't dogged like Hardman. Tyreek has also muffed punts more than once that cost us. No Hardman is not as talented as Tyreek but but he doesn't get the credit for all the good things he has done. I can't believe people here actually root for our guys to fail so they can pound their chest and say I've always said he sucked.

There is no reason not to trust Hardman in the clutch because he has proven he can make the clutch plays. Mahomes problem was he was too locked in on Hill and Hill is a diva wanting the ball for ESPN highlight real.

In 2019 Hardman had 1 drop in 2020 he had 8 and in 2021 he had 2 drops. Tyreek Hill had second most drops in the league.

He is improving every year.
[Reply]
notorious 11:05 AM 07-27-2022
This guy was a 1st round pick months after a Superbowl title.

[Reply]
New World Order 11:07 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
This guy was a 1st round pick months after a Superbowl title.

:-)

What a horrible pick.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:38 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
WTF are you talking about? Hardman has come up clutch in several big time games and i the playoffs. That catch in the back of the endzone against the Saints was clutch as you can get. He redeemed himself after making a muffed punt and Patrick went right back to him and he scored a touchdown I think it was against the Bills the other ear. He did come up big against the Bills with his afterburners against the Bills scoring a touchdown that was ****ing The Flash speed. Hardman is also the one that gave us the spark to make a comeback from 24-0 against the Texans playoff game in the first quarter with his 60+ yard kick off return. Hardman has made clutch for us but he doesn't get credit. Tyreek made more mistakes caused turnovers and literally cost us the AFCCG but he isn't dogged like Hardman. Tyreek has also muffed punts more than once that cost us. No Hardman is not as talented as Tyreek but but he doesn't get the credit for all the good things he has done. I can't believe people here actually root for our guys to fail so they can pound their chest and say I've always said he sucked.

There is no reason not to trust Hardman in the clutch because he has proven he can make the clutch plays. Mahomes problem was he was too locked in on Hill and Hill is a diva wanting the ball for ESPN highlight real.

In 2019 Hardman had 1 drop in 2020 he had 8 and in 2021 he had 2 drops. Tyreek Hill had second most drops in the league.

He is improving every year.
Yes, he has made some big plays and he absolutely deserves credit fir those.

Maybe he turned a corner when I wasn't paying attention. But it's been clear in the past that Mahomes has been frustrated with him. So it's not that he's never open, has too many drops, or never makes a clutch catch. But he has certainly been slow to develop chemistry with Mahomes. Hence my comment about him not being a player you can trust. More about being in sync than an issue of drops.

I agree he has improved and since he is the only real WR that isn't learning the playbook, I hope he starts the season out great.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:11 AM 10-12-2022
Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 ypc with Mahomes

Clyde Edwards-Helaire averages 4.4 yoc with Mahomes.

Is it really that big of a difference? Perhaps Kareem was a tad overrated and Clyde a bit underrated. Kareem definitely better but by how big of a margin?
[Reply]
TEX 10:14 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kareem Hunt averaged 4.6 ypc with Mahomes

Clyde Edwards-Helaire averages 4.4 yoc with Mahomes.

Is it really that big of a difference? Perhaps Kareem was a tad overrated and Clyde a bit underrated. Kareem definitely better but by how big of a margin?
By a lot. Just compare their runs near the goal line.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:35 AM 10-12-2022
Just curious: how many times did defenders get penetration and meet our RBs behind the LoS? Seemed like constantly, but my memory might be a little off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 10-12-2022
Maybe it looked different on television, but that 2nd down run (2nd and 2ish?) on the Chiefs last drive of the game, there was a hole there and CEH got taken down by a guy just falling to the ground, no?

He just didn't get through that hole with any authority and all so it closed up backside on him. Instead he loses has balance because Crosby's foot hit him in the thigh pad. If he hits that hole hard he has a lane to the outside where he can at least get Diablo to half a man and power through him to the sticks.

A quality RB converts that play - it's exactly the difference between a good RB and a fungible one. Clyde is just fungible.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:50 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Maybe it looked different on television, but that 2nd down run (2nd and 2ish?) on the Chiefs last drive of the game, there was a hole there and CEH got taken down by a guy just falling to the ground, no?

He just didn't get through that hole with any authority and all so it closed up backside on him. Instead he loses has balance because Crosby's foot hit him in the thigh pad. If he hits that hole hard he has a lane to the outside where he can at least get Diablo to half a man and power through him to the sticks.

A quality RB converts that play - it's exactly the difference between a good RB and a fungible one. Clyde is just fungible.
Talking about the 3rd and 3 when he ran right? I thought he got tripped up by the DE that fell, but then he got tackled by a LB because he lost his balance. But there was no angle that showed exactly what happened when he went through the hole. I thought someone from the OL threw their hands up in a reaction to "Where is the tripping flag?"
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:51 AM 10-12-2022
2nd and 3.

Even if CEH just makes a play and gets a yard or two, that drastically changes third down, and makes it more likely to go on 4th if we run it on 3rd.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
By a lot. Just compare their runs near the goal line.

Just watch how Hunt attacks it & CEH doesn’t. The eyes don’t lie when watching the difference between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 10-12-2022
Who fucking cares about Kareem fucking Hunt?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:58 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Who fucking cares about Kareem fucking Hunt?
We could use a kicker til Butker returns.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Talking about the 3rd and 3 when he ran right? I thought he got tripped up by the DE that fell, but then he got tackled by a LB because he lost his balance. But there was no angle that showed exactly what happened when he went through the hole. I thought someone from the OL threw their hands up in a reaction to "Where is the tripping flag?"
Yeah, that's the one (2nd and 3, though - the 3rd and 3 play was that ill-thought deep ball to Mecole).

They showed an angle from the back at the stadium. Crosby was going down and his foot came up into Clyde's leg and because of that he lost his balance and Diablo brought him down.

But it wasn't like he got drilled. It just struck me as the kind of contact that a guy running powerfully and decisively can run through. Clyde just doesn't do that very often.
[Reply]
Page 252 of 295
« First < 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262 > Last »
Up