ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 270
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:56 PM 08-18-2019
And Michigan homer that I am, I was already a fan of Frank Clark, but his on field interview during the game really sold it for me. I don't know how much better they're going to be, statistically, in terms of yardage, but they're going to be different on defense. They're about playing and hitting hard and building swagger. Complete 180 from the cerebral approach under Sutton (what is it with offensive head coaches and chess match DC's anyway, fucking Greg Robinson...). I'm not sold that Spags is going to make much of a schematic difference, but the philosophical difference is exactly what the team needs, and they really seem to be putting together the right personnel to do it.
[Reply]
-King- 02:10 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I definitely think Hyde makes the team after last night. He's what I expected he would be-- he's not dynamic or eye popping but he's a different type of runner than anybody we have on the roster, and I really think we need that dimension. Reminds me of the ol' bit about Leroy Hoard. He said once, "If you need 2 yards, I'll get you 3 yards." That quote followed him around the rest of his career, because fans started to add to that: "If you need 2 yards, I'll get you 3 yards. If you need 4 yards, I'll get you 3 yards."

Thompson CAN run in between the tackles, but if I need a 3rd and short conversion, I'd rather have Hyde than Thompson. And I wouldn't care so much about having that short yardage guy if we had more talent at the RB position to compete with him, but we simply don't. Sorry, I know I've been hating on him a lot, but I just don't think Darrell Williams is that good, or even good enough to earn a handful of touches in a committee approach. I'd much rather have Hyde.

And I know what people are going to say. "BUT THE FUMBLE!"

His worst year for fumbles was in 2016, when he had 244 touches and 5 fumbles. One fumble for every ~45 touches isn't great, but he's followed it up since then with a more respectable 299 touches and 2 fumbles in 2017 and 1 fumble in 182 touches last year.

He's fine for ball security.
On Hyde's 2 good run (including the fumble run) any of our other RBs would have had more yards than he ended up with. He had wide open holes on both. He showed nothing special to me. He definitely didn't show that he was this power back that could get tough yards without a hole. Darrell Williams looked better in that aspect. And he looked shiftier too.

I still don't buy that we need a big power bowl-over-guys running back in the first place.
[Reply]
O.city 02:19 PM 08-18-2019
What king said
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:48 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Trent green has mentioned Thompson fighting for a roster spot during both games.

SURELY that's not still the case.

I'd think it's between Hyde and Williams . With Hyde in the lead.
There’s no chance Darwin isn’t making this roster. He’s well ahead of Williams and easily ahead of Hyde too if each were contractually equal. I think very likely he’s the next man up after Williams. And I love it.
[Reply]
FAX 04:10 PM 08-18-2019
It's pretty clear that Trent has been assimilated by the Borg.

He no longer says what he actually thinks and knows. Instead, he says stuff that is right down the middle in the style of other CBS analysts and Teicher.

I don't blame him, really. He has a family to support and there's no benefit gained by offending somebody or sharing information that the Chiefs would prefer to remain confidential.

Personally, I'd like to see him partner with Holthus and replace "No Doubt About It" who has apparently declined every opportunity to seek out a speech therapist. That would mean a big pay cut, though.

FAX
[Reply]
Warrick 04:14 PM 08-18-2019
Chiefs grades for Mecole Hardman, Chad Henne, Carlos Hyde, Alex Okafor vs. Steelers

https://youtu.be/w32-6vGhcyw
[Reply]
Bowser 04:19 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Chiefs grades for Mecole Hardman, Chad Henne, Carlos Hyde, Alex Okafor vs. Steelers

https://youtu.be/ny1BzC3usWw

[Reply]
Kiimo 04:21 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:

https://youtu.be/w32-6vGhcyw
What the fuck is this get banned
[Reply]
Warrick 04:38 PM 08-18-2019
Sorry about that :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:43 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Trent green has mentioned Thompson fighting for a roster spot during both games.

SURELY that's not still the case.

I'd think it's between Hyde and Williams . With Hyde in the lead.
I heard that again last night and was wondering what preseason games Trent is watching. Because they're not the same games I'm watching.
[Reply]
-King- 05:20 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I heard that again last night and was wondering what preseason games Trent is watching. Because they're not the same games I'm watching.
Preseason games and the chiefs are a side gig/warm up for Trent now. I doubt he pays very much attention to the team in particular since he became a full time commentator for CBS.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:43 AM 08-19-2019
I think were pretty set at CB Fields should be the 5th CB and the safety position might be filled but man watching these other games specifically the Rams idk what their corner situation is but this kid Steven Parker should absolutely be scooped up if we get a chance.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:54 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think were pretty set at CB Fields should be the 5th CB but man watching these other games specifically the Rams idk what their corner situation is but this kid Steven Parker should absolutely be scooped up if we get a chance.
The Rams are STACKED at CB.
[Reply]
chinaski 07:13 AM 08-19-2019

Sources: Some offensive line reforcement for the @Chiefs. A reunion with @JeffAllen71 in the works.

— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) August 19, 2019

[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:14 AM 08-19-2019
Teicher said he thought Kemp had a ACL injury.
[Reply]
Page 250 of 270
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260 > Last »
Up