ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 293
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 07:29 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Im on my phone so I can’t post the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/duke-ge...005752533.html
Duke got away with a lot more than they got screwed. Yeah, that probably should have been a charge on Malik. That still didn't make up for several missed calls on Duke. Dok got called for hooking a player but I can't tell you how many times I saw Duke players doing the same exact thing and not getting called for it. So cry me a river, Puke.
[Reply]
cmh6476 07:30 AM 03-26-2018
so where is everyone watching us lose to Villanova on Saturday?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:34 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I dont understand why you guys are so hard on KCC. He hasnt said he thought KU would lose until the Duke game. All he is is a Kenpom regurgitator(which is basically what Vegas spreads are) and when he tells you the odds or spread of the game you all lose your shit. Its quite comical really.
:-)

I don't see how if the spread is 3-4 points that the other team has a 65% chance of winning. That makes no sense to me. That would seem to be much closer to a toss-up.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03-26-2018, 07:34 AM
This message has been deleted by Mr. Plow.
Mr. Plow 03-26-2018, 07:35 AM
This message has been deleted by Mr. Plow.
Mr. Plow 07:37 AM 03-26-2018
I have no idea how to embed from instagram - but here's an emotional Self talking to the team after the game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgxYNQQHHjc
[Reply]
Lzen 07:37 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have no idea WTF the Duke bigs were doing. They got theirs but they should have wrecked us on paper. Maybe the ACC isn’t as good as I give them credit for and they just look good vs ACC teams.

Maybe Kazoo shit the bed on prep.

Maybe they all got boozed up last night.

I don’t know. But it is something ridiculous. Their 2 bigs are ****ing good.
I'll tell you what it is. It's something that Kenpom does not seem to account for. KU has experience. They experienced a ton of tournament games over the past 3 years and came up one game short of the Final Four. Duke has 4 out of 5 starters that are freshmen. Sure, they are uber talented. That doesn't always mean everything. Sometimes, that experience and the determination it takes to not experience the heartache of yet another year of not getting to the FF is enough to push a team over the hump. No stats algorithm is gonna have a measure for heart.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:46 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I have no idea how to embed from instagram - but here's an emotional Self talking to the team after the game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgxYNQQHHjc
Boy he fought them tears hard
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:27 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'll tell you what it is. It's something that Kenpom does not seem to account for. KU has experience. They experienced a ton of tournament games over the past 3 years and came up one game short of the Final Four. Duke has 4 out of 5 starters that are freshmen. Sure, they are uber talented. That doesn't always mean everything. Sometimes, that experience and the determination it takes to not experience the heartache of yet another year of not getting to the FF is enough to push a team over the hump. No stats algorithm is gonna have a measure for heart.
Also DeSouza. He doesn't have a track record, he was playing high school ball 3 months ago. What statistic or Kenpom love is going to account for him?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:48 AM 03-26-2018
Duke superior talent?

Lol. Nobody with a brain thinks that.

Their guards suck ball-sacks. 6-24 from deep yesterday. That sucks.

If they didn't suck, they wouldn't have lost 8x this year. Bagley alone ensured about a 20-10 record at worst. What did their guards really add to that? Very little.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:49 AM 03-26-2018
Quite the party in Lawrence last night...

ROCK CHALK!

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:57 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Can we just celebrate the fact that Greyson Allen won’t be in the final four. College basketball is a better place when Duke has a truely hateable player.
When the bracket came out I thought, how freakin' great would it be if Kansas knocked that douche out of the tournament... especially after yet another instance where he hip checked a UNC player a week or two before.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This is the great misperception about probability-based statistics. Just because the less likely outcome occurred (the 36%) in that particular instance, it does not mean that the stats were in any way wrong to begin with. There was always still a 36% chance that what transpired yesterday actually would occur.
Well, yeah...

Saying a team will win almost two thirds of the time is quite the statement when it's a 1 vs 2 seed.. that's closer to 2012 Kentucky than a lot of 1 vs 2 games.

If Kansas had shot 50%+ from 3 or had shot 60% overall to Duke's 30% or something along those lines, then you can make a case that it was the one game out of 3 or whatever that KU could win.

Nothing that crazy happened though to make anyone think Duke would have won the next two games in a 3 game series... it was a tossup game before the tournament started, it was a tossup game yesterday morning, and it was a tossup game all game.

It's a misconception that stuff you read on the internet is automatically true.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:01 AM 03-26-2018
Midnight at Allen Fieldhouse:

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:06 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
It also took some luck. We are pretty damned lucky that Greyson Allen didn’t hit one of the 2 last shots he took. They were decent looks and he’s typically not going to miss 2 out of 2 in that situation.

Thank fucking Christ he did but yeah. That was a good bounce.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:50 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Duke superior talent?

Lol. Nobody with a brain thinks that.

Their guards suck ball-sacks. 6-24 from deep yesterday. That sucks.

If they didn't suck, they wouldn't have lost 8x this year. Bagley alone ensured about a 20-10 record at worst. What did their guards really add to that? Very little.
How many Duke players will be lottery picks compared to how many KU players? Really, this is just silly.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:53 AM 03-26-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It also took some luck. We are pretty damned lucky that Greyson Allen didn’t hit one of the 2 last shots he took. They were decent looks and he’s typically not going to miss 2 out of 2 in that situation.

Thank ****ing Christ he did but yeah. That was a good bounce.
Well, they say you need a little luck in the tournament. And there's also the old saying that luck is preparation and perspiration. How lucky was Duke that KU missed several wide open 3s? Svi rarely misses those shots when they are wide open.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:58 AM 03-26-2018
KU #1! Go team!!!!
[Reply]
Page 250 of 293
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260 > Last »
Up