ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 335
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:16 PM 06-21-2016
We believed who would die? Jon?

I never thought for a second that he would die, or that they would lose the battle.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:26 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
We believed who would die? Jon?

I never thought for a second that he would die, or that they would lose the battle.
Most of us at the watch party thought it would be just like GRRM to kill him off again before he gets to Winterfell. So yes, our group of 15 or so thought yes, it could happen. Didn't think it would but when they started playing the death music ala Hodor when he was struggling to breathe at the bottom of the pile our GRRM radar activated.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 PM 06-21-2016
It has been brought up several times lately. Just FYI.......Book spoiler but not mentioned in the TV series so far but maybe, but not likely, could come into play later.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:34 PM 06-21-2016
https://www.yahoo.com/news/what-long...481851958.html

Link because it might be a spoiler about howland reed
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:50 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/what-long...481851958.html

Link because it might be a spoiler about howland reed
I think most fans have speculated that Tommen is a dead man walking. How and why? The theories are vast and deep as to how it happens.

Howland Reed rumor? :-) Not buying

Man I sure want me some Cleganebowl. However it happens, make it so.
[Reply]
Sorter 06:57 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It has been brought up several times lately. Just FYI.......Book spoiler but not mentioned in the TV series so far but maybe, but not likely, could come into play later.
Spoiler!
This is inaccurate.
[Reply]
underEJ 06:57 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm guessing you're thinking if the Wall comes down then Winterfell will fall at the same time but I want to be sure. I've read some tinfoily ass theories and it's hard to tell exactly where someone's mind will take them unless they come out with it.
Yes. I don't have a whole researched point by point theory. I just don't think we are looking at an "everyone comes together to rid the world of an evil" kind of ending.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:08 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
This is inaccurate.
Well then accurate it up.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:08 PM 06-21-2016
https://www.yahoo.com/style/one-thin...204158735.html
[Reply]
vailpass 07:21 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by Sorter:
This is inaccurate.
Calling dragons and burning to death if you aren't Targ, destroying the Wall.
What's the difference?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:57 PM 06-21-2016

The horn Euron has is supposedly dragonbinder which will allow him to control dragons.

We've yet to be told definitively that we've seen the horn that has the power to bring down the Wall but if it is real it's likely the broken horn Jon found on the Fist that he gave to Sam. A little Chekov's gun action.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:20 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What's the difference?
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The horn Euron has is supposedly dragonbinder which will allow him to control dragons.

We've yet to be told definitively that we've seen the horn that has the power to bring down the Wall but if it is real it's likely the broken horn Jon found on the Fist that he gave to Sam. A little Chekov's gun action.
Pretty much all of this.

Remember, the dragonbinder was blown at the kingsmoot and the wall is still standing. To be honest, I don't think there is a Horn of Joramun as Jon tried blowing the horn Sam found with no result.

The show is likely to fuck us out of all of this but in the books (especially based on the released chapters), I'm expecting Euron to get control of a dragon for a brief period of time.
[Reply]
Sorter 09:22 PM 06-21-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What's the difference?

[Reply]
listopencil 09:31 PM 06-21-2016

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 03:28 AM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
God and baby Jesus I loved that shot. Rewound it like 10 times.

Can't say for certain they pulled it off here, but there is an almost identical shot in Ran with no special effects added, just composition and lenswork.

Wish I knew where to find it [maybe it was a feature of a Criterion DVD] but I saw a featurette on Kurosawa's use of that deep field focus in Ran. That shot cemented for me that Ran was one of their big references in composing the Battle of the Bastards.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19...attle-director

The director lists Ran as an inspiration for this episode. Nicely done.
[Reply]
Page 250 of 335
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300 > Last »
Up