ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 319
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
In58men 08:56 AM 03-18-2021
Or end up with DeSean Jackson.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:57 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Interesting development in the WR market: The #Jets have been having conversations with #Steelers FA WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, sources say, a potential target in their offense. Despite having signed Corey Davis, NYJ may not be done adding playmakers. Smith-Schuster is one to watch

Per Ian

Lol we’re gonna get Alshon Jeffery
It’ll probably be Watkins again if it comes to that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:01 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5:
Some people need to come to grips that getting both Williams and Hudson was an absolute impossibility. Williams wanted too much money. We tried. Hudson garnered a 3rd round pick that Veach wasn’t going to provide for an in-division rival. Be more realistic with what we can actually do in FA and be thankful we got a stud in Thuney. Veach will continue to work on the OL in the draft and fill in other holes on the defense. I’m sure he wasn’t expecting both of his tackles to have season ending injuries last season and now he’s working to fix it.
Also, the price tag would be much higher for us to trade for Hudson.

IF the Raiders would even make a division trade, then they would expect more than a third rounder. The Raiders would need to think they’re ripping us off to trade with us.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:02 AM 03-18-2021
Yeah, this is nuts.

Chill out, people. The offseason literally has just begun.

There's more than one way to peel the potato and improve the OL. It wasn't Trent Williams or bust.

They have already made a crucial first step that offers them improvement at two spots (one a major upgrade) on the OL. They signed a low-risk, high-reward guy in Kyle Long (I mean, shit, if the guy is healthy and returns to form, you're talking about a Pro Bowl-level player at RG or maybe even RT).

They may end up starting two very inexperienced T. If they do, those guys are going to be lining up next to two extremely experienced G.

Or they may trade for a T to handle the left side.

There is SO much time left. Don't freak out just because they haven't been flashy (beyond signing the second-best OL available in this FA period).

The Chiefs aren't going to make panic moves (and that's a good thing). The OL may be a little rougher at the beginning of 2021 than it will be late, due to inexperience. National talking heads may question whether the Chiefs can make it all work.

That's fine. Let people question. Being the invincible frontrunners is fun but gets boring quickly.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:06 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Or end up with DeSean Jackson.
Hahahhahahhahahhahaha

:-)

Fucking moron. One of the most useless idiots on this board.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:07 AM 03-18-2021
I’m not understanding the people that were “draft all the fatties”. How are you upset? You may just get your wish.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:07 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, this is nuts.

There's more than one way to peel the potato and improve the OL. It wasn't Trent Williams or bust.

They have already made a crucial first step that offers them improvement at two spots (one a major upgrade) on the OL. They signed a low-risk, high-reward guy in Kyle Long (I mean, shit, if the guy is healthy and returns to form, you're talking about a Pro Bowl-level player at RG or maybe even RT).

They may end up starting two very inexperienced T. If they do, those guys are going to be lining up next to two extremely experienced G.

There is SO much time left. Don't freak out just because they haven't been flashy (beyond signing the second-best OL available in this FA period).

The Chiefs aren't going to make panic moves (and that's a good thing). The OL may be a little rougher at the beginning of 2021 than it will be late, due to inexperience. National talking heads may question whether the Chiefs can make it all work.

That's fine. Let people question. Being the invincible frontrunners is fun but gets boring quickly.
Chiefs could win 12 games with Remmers at LT.

Obviously thats not the plan and we will add but Veach is not going to panic.

I'm wondering when we hear more on the other tackles...seems little excitement from other teams as well..it is not just us.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, this is nuts.

I don’t really want to see us trade away draft picks for a LT, but I’m expecting it at this point.

I just can’t see Reid/Veach going in with an unproven option.

They might just be waiting it out to see what the market is for Reiff. I fully expect them to make a trade or sign Reiff.

They clearly know that OL is a priority, so I just don’t see Veach doing nothing. If anything, he’ll give up a bit too much to address the need. Which is better than ignoring it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:11 AM 03-18-2021
It’s the same shit every year. We didn’t sign 5 guys that people wanted on day one, so we’re fucking doomed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:13 AM 03-18-2021

RB Elijah McGuire will remain in KC and sign with the #Chiefs on a one-year deal, I’m told by his representation, Agency 1 Sports.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 18, 2021

[Reply]
thabear04 09:13 AM 03-18-2021

Joe has arrived �� pic.twitter.com/RbP7c2R9At

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) March 18, 2021

Today’s going to be a good day. pic.twitter.com/ZDSisj1HFv

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) March 18, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 09:17 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hahahhahahhahahhahaha

:-)

****ing moron. One of the most useless idiots on this board.
Actually, it’s pretty likely. Nobody can deny that.
[Reply]
YayMike 09:21 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hmmm...interesting
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:22 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I don’t really want to see us trade away draft picks for a LT, but I’m expecting it at this point.

I just can’t see Reid/Veach going in with an unproven option.

They might just be waiting it out to see what the market is for Reiff. I fully expect them to make a trade or sign Reiff.

They clearly know that OL is a priority, so I just don’t see Veach doing nothing. If anything, he’ll give up a bit too much to address the need. Which is better than ignoring it.
If they absolutely have to trade for one then I guess that's the price to protect Mahomes, but I have to say I don't like the lost opportunity cost of failing to be able to address as many other positions with the lost picks. I'd prefer the Reiff option along with drafting a tackle in round 3 or 4 to compete.

While OT is probably our #1 need by far we shouldn't forget that our defensive ends overall are pretty bad and need to be addressed as well. Our wide receiver depth is almost non-existent and cornerback is a little thin unless we can bring back Breeland. All of those positions can certainly be addressed, but trading away a 1st or 2nd makes it that much harder to do so.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:31 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'd prefer the Reiff option along with drafting a tackle in round 3 or 4 to compete.
I agree with this 100%.

I’d rather sign a decent proven player and keep the picks to find the long term option.

I think in that scenario, the Chiefs can draft 2 OL, a receiver (TE or WR), and still have plenty of picks for the defense.

That sounds like the best case to me.

I don’t want to see another Frank Clark trade, because that’s putting too many eggs in one basket. It’s a huge financial commitment and costs picks for 1 player.
[Reply]
Page 250 of 319
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300 > Last »
Up