ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 57
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:59 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
I'm gonna assume Sneed would've refused to play on the tag, otherwise keeping him would've been the strat here.
Play or don't play on the tag, it doesn't really matter, as we get no help this year either way.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:00 AM 03-23-2024
Pretty much shit trade with it being a 2025 3rd. The fucking Bucs got more for a worse CB. That sucks. I'm just reading into it but there has to be something with his knee that has both the Chiefs and other teams nervous. The Tits have the space to take the chance.
[Reply]
milkshock 03:16 AM 03-23-2024
Other teams know that Clark is cheap, won’t pay his players. The tag on Sneed was a mirage because he was never going to pay him, not even for a year. Result - shit comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 03:31 AM 03-23-2024
Garbage. Not even the third this year.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:04 AM 03-23-2024
Let's look at it like this, we took a 4th round pick (Sneed) and got the best 4 years out of his career, used it to win 2 superbowls and then traded it for a 3rd.

That's win!
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:10 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We had no money. So compensation we had no leverage. Glad Titans paid the contact needed. Veach has 3 rings. We will be fine. We all knew it was Jones or Snead. We kept Jones. Be happy.
I agree and given the choice we had, I think we did the right thing. There’s no way we could have paid him what he wanted and compete. Sure there will be a drop off, but I believe we have a stable of competent corners. He got his rings and now he wants to get paid. Fair enough. I get it’s a business and he got what he wanted.

Now let’s see what we can do with the cap space.
[Reply]
wheeler08 04:17 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Let's look at it like this, we took a 4th round pick (Sneed) and got the best 4 years out of his career, used it to win 2 superbowls and then traded it for a 3rd.

That's win!
Exactly this! The patriots way, was they just let those players walk and got nothing out of it. It was a win.
[Reply]
Regime 04:50 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

That's win!
Agreed!
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:03 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Other teams know that Clark is cheap, won’t pay his players. The tag on Sneed was a mirage because he was never going to pay him, not even for a year. Result - shit comp.

This wasn't on Clark......
[Reply]
milkshock 05:05 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
This wasn't on Clark......

Could have engineered it so he could have played on the tag

[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:10 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Could have engineered it so he could have played on the tag

Not Clark's job to engineer anything.... it starts with a V and sounds like beach.
[Reply]
-King- 05:15 AM 03-23-2024
I knew not to expect a lot back after the Carlton Davis trade but this is just awful. Wow
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:17 AM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Okay, Danna + CEH? Donovan Smith?

Give me Sneed.

Also we still had money on the books and restructures to create more cap if needed.
Sneed was never part of our future plans. That’s why CJ95 got the bag. We have a wealth of riches at DB. You’d rather roll with Morris at LT and have Sneed, or have a better LT, and the rest of the cornerbacks on last years youngest defense in the league? Protect Mahomes, AT ALL COSTS! We’re stacked at db, let Peach cook!
[Reply]
penchief 05:29 AM 03-23-2024
It sucks that we don't have more ammo for this years draft but if the chiefs knew they weren't going to pay him it was the right thing to do to let him get paid elsewhere. Sneed earned that much with his performance.

Teams are on to Veach. It's going to be a lot harder to pull off bargain deals when in dynasty mode. Seems teams aren't even willing to pay market value.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 05:36 AM 03-23-2024
Veach cooked.

They got a 3rd round pick, the ONLY 3rd round pick that the ONLY team willing to sign Sneed had available.

Unless you thought he was worth and getting a high 2nd (#38 overall), what else did you want? Colts, Lions, all these other rumored teams had more reasonable 2’s but there was no contract for Sneed there.

In the vacuum of take the best return that the only team willing to pay/play Sneed, I think they did just fine. If the Titans had a 2024 3rd, maybe we get it, but that simply doesn’t exist. I suppose if you want to belly ache you can be annoyed we didn’t net an extra 7th rounder - the Chiefs 7th rounder lol literally the last pick in the entire draft not counting 5 compensatory picks. Now they can get off the draft board earlier and start working the phones for UDFAs. See? Winning.

[Reply]
Page 25 of 57
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up