ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 107
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:31 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless:
that one looks like a little ****ing punk

piece of shit
Yeah it looks like 2 guys got into an argument and started spraying
[Reply]
TLO 03:32 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Would an officer just set it on the ground like that?
I don't think so, no.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:32 PM 02-14-2024
Large, free events in public places downtown are going to attract a lot of problems today. This isn't especially new and it's not unique to KC.

Maybe this event is just too large to manage safely.
[Reply]
ghak99 03:32 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
Eh, that could be the officers gun. You'd think they'd take the magazine out if it was the suspects.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
I highly doubt that mag and grip are officer issued. There's also no way that rifle fits in the bag though, so it's hard to tell what's going on in that pic.
[Reply]
007 03:33 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nothing is concrete.

Thanks
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:34 PM 02-14-2024

BREAKING: Gunfire erupts at Super Bowl parade in Kansas City pic.twitter.com/Vz8il7ewcp

— TRACKER DEEP (@tracker_deep) February 14, 2024

Audio of the shots in this.
[Reply]
Cheater5 03:34 PM 02-14-2024
Eh, that could be the officers gun. You'd think they'd take the magazine out if it was the suspects.

That’s not an officer’s weapon; that’s a 60 round magazine which isn’t issue. And a cop would never, ever set his firearm / rifle down. If he had to, he would sling it over his back or hand it to another officer.

There’s a buffer tube (red) poking out of the other bag, which leads me to believe that’s a pistol length AR.

Someone showed up with evil intentions.
[Reply]
TLO 03:34 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Yeah it looks like 2 guys got into an argument and started spraying
Hitting 15 people though? I guess it's not out of the question with the number of peoplethere.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:34 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We stopped going to the 4th of July celebration at Liberty Memorial for that very reason.

It's just a bad scene, IMO. Too much chaos.

And by the way - this is also why a downtown stadium just isn't a great idea. It sounds wonderful in theory, but the reality is you're going to have elements like this around that stadium every single night. And if the Royals ever get good again and you have 40K people streaming in and out, you're going to have problems like this pretty much every evening.

Busch Stadium in downtown STL is a ****ing cesspool after games. If you're lucky you can get out before the press really starts (and maybe get on the metro and the hell out of town before there are 10,000 people there waiting for a tram). If you don't, it's a warzone.

Not my circus, not my monkeys - I'll never move back to KC. Don't miss it even a little. But if I were a resident, especially downtown or downtown adjacent, I'd have zero interest in the idea.
I can't stand Columbia and you live there.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:35 PM 02-14-2024

I can't imagine LEO's carrying anything but a black magazine and it would almost assuredly have a sling.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:35 PM 02-14-2024
Sounds like the apprehension at the Westin is a separate event
[Reply]
kstater 03:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They let LEOs carry extended magazines in Kansas City proper?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they prohibited that as part of some Mayor Q pandery bullshit.
Response team I'd would say yes. I'm grasping for why they wouldn't clear the magazine if it was the shooters weapon. But none of it makes sense to me.

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Graphic.... young teen apparently shot in leg, while an older person is receiving CPR.

lol did you see the dude's recent post that posted this:

[Reply]
Frazod 03:35 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Was down there at the rally. Thankfully the wife and kids went back to the hotel after the parade. Heard the shots. Hit the deck with some people and then thought I was being dramatic and it was probably fireworks. Walked over to the First Things First set which had been my plan. It was normal for about 5 minutes and then security got Nick and Co off the stage. That’s when I knew shit was real. Then I saw people running from the east side of the lawn. So I ran up to the lawn in front of the Memorial so I could get a good view. At that time it seemed things calmed a bit and I felt safe enough to walk back to my hotel. Think next year I’ll watch on TV
About 30 years ago, I was at the Taste of Chicago 4th of July fireworks display near Buckingham Fountain. We were sitting there happily watching the fireworks when we heard screaming, and a few seconds later the crowd started surging toward us. I jumped up and attempted to pull my girlfriend up, but she got trampled on by three people before I was able to get her off the ground (luckily she wasn't hurt other than a couple of bruises). After that, we were running for our lives. That's about as scared as I've ever been in my life. I heard later that it started when some idiot started waving an Uzi around. That was the last time I ever went to an event like that.

Funny thing is, the local media completely covered it up. I even called a local news station when I got home to report it. Nothing. There were no cellphones with cameras back then, and the city obviously didn't want to fuck with a major cash cow. But there is no way people weren't hurt that night.

People suck. Always have, always will.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 03:36 PM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Large, free events in public places downtown are going to attract a lot of problems today. This isn't especially new and it's not unique to KC.

Maybe this event is just too large to manage safely.
400 people or 400,000 people, all it takes is 2 clowns. Sad stuff
[Reply]
Page 25 of 107
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Up