ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 45
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Stewie 07:17 PM 02-15-2021
I had a job working outdoors in Overland Park 1980-1981. We had 8 straight days of 100+ degrees in 1980, a day that only hit 99, and then 3 more days of 100+. A few months later we had a cold snap with a couple of days -10 to -20. Crazy stuff.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:53 PM 02-15-2021
The scary thing to me is hearing how Natural Gas prices are going through the roof and we are going to be seeing bills that are 10-100x higher than normal.

I thought the USA had an excess of Natural Gas. What happened?
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:54 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
The scary thing to me is hearing how Natural Gas prices are going through the roof and we are going to be seeing bills that are 10-100x higher than normal.

Jan 20th
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:55 PM 02-15-2021

100x higher than normal would be rough. I can't afford to pay $30,000 a month for heating.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:59 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
100x higher than normal would be rough. I can't afford to pay $30,000 a month for heating.
Yeah, I'm hoping the news was wrong, as usual.

Or I was... maybe 10 to 100% higher... I think the local news went off the rails.
[Reply]
Stewie 08:26 PM 02-15-2021

That's the spot market. Most large NG suppliers already have prices that were negotiated months ago.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 PM 02-15-2021

Futures have been incredibly low for a decade. They were bound to come off the bottom.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 PM 02-15-2021
Those first two are generous. :-)

People living in Phoenix complain they're freezing because their house dipped below 70. I've witnessed Southern Californians wearing heavy jackets and scarves when it's 55.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:13 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Those first two are generous. :-)

People living in Phoenix complain they're freezing because their house dipped below 70. I've witnessed Southern Californians wearing heavy jackets and scarves when it's 55.
My stories:

I was in New York for Spring Break. It is 55 or so, sun shining. I am walking around without a coat. The looks I got was priceless.

In Florida at Christmas. 2005. woman sits beside me on a bus. She has a fur coat on. I have on a golf shirt an shorts. She asks me-How can you dress like that? I tell her I am from Minnesota. It is -2 at home, I am in Florida. I am going to wear shorts.

She is from South Carolina. Cannot believe it is only 60F in Florida. They came there to warm up.

Deep cold that year too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
My stories:

I was in New York for Spring Break. It is 55 or so, sun shining. I am walking around without a coat. The looks I got was priceless.

In Florida at Christmas. 2005. woman sits beside me on a bus. She has a fur coat on. I have on a golf shirt an shorts. She asks me-How can you dress like that? I tell her I am from Minnesota. It is -2 at home, I am in Florida. I am going to wear shorts.

She is from South Carolina. Cannot believe it is only 60F in Florida. They came there to warm up.

Deep cold that year too.
Yeah, but let the rain hard with a little wind and the whole nation will be asked to send-in support for them.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:19 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, but let the rain hard with a little wind and the whole nation will be asked to send-in support for them.
True. I dont think Iowa/Minn got much help during the blizzard a few years ago.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:38 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-) a cat 5 hurricane is more than "a little wind". Your house will still be standing after a little cold spell, same can't be said after a Hurricane.
[Reply]
2112 06:51 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
:-) a cat 5 hurricane is more than "a little wind". Your house will still be standing after a little cold spell, same can't be said after a Hurricane.
I would much rather have a deep freeze than a hurricane. Trees down everywhere and on houses and downed power lines and no power for weeks, not hours or a day or two. During Sandy you had to wait two hours in line to fill a 5gl gas can for your generator. The gas stations either ran out of gas or had no generator. Yeah, that shit don’t happen in a cold spell. A Blizzard isn’t as bad as a hurricane
[Reply]
Frazod 06:56 AM 02-16-2021
One of my buddies posted a snarky "love watching the snow from California" meme on Facebook. He lives in Paradise. The same Paradise that was destroyed by a wildfire a year after they thought it was going to get wiped out by a flash flood from an unstable earthen dam.

Needless to say the irony was not lost on me.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:20 AM 02-16-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 45
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up