ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 72
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:54 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm honestly not sure what it is, I think it could be but I'm not inside of the circle. I won't just out and out say it's because he's black because I don't know with 100% certainty, but the entire thing is weird.
It’s only weird if you are incapable of looking at other potential reasons that actually make sense.

Like his failure as a college HC, the fact that he’s a glorified RB coach, multiple reports that he doesn’t interview well, etc...

But sure it’s simply because of the color of his skin in 2021. The NFL is obviously racist.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:55 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s only weird if you are incapable of looking at other potential reasons that actually make sense.
This is a league where Mike McCarthy is a HC...I've made plenty of jokes about guys like Brad Childress not doing anything when they were Reid assistants but his coaching tree has a good track record.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:56 PM 01-14-2021

Like his failure as a college HC, the fact that he’s a glorified RB coach, multiple reports that he doesn’t interview well, etc...

But sure it’s simply because of the color of his skin in 2021. The NFL is obviously racist.
He wasn't a college HC...
[Reply]
staylor26 06:58 PM 01-14-2021
This is a league where Mike McCarthy is a HC...I've made plenty of jokes about guys like Brad Childress not doing anything when they were Reid assistants but his coaching tree has a good track record.
Marvin Lewis? Hue Jackson? Anthony Lynn?

What’s your point?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:59 PM 01-14-2021
He wasn't a college HC...
I meant OC. It’s his only experience as a legitimate play caller with control of the offense.

If you hire a fucking RB coach then you have to nail your OC and DC hire. And if you nail the OC hire, they won’t be around long.

This is a QB driven league, nobody wants a guy that isn’t a QB coach/developer. It’s really simple, and only an idiot like yourself can’t grasp that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 PM 01-14-2021
Houston wasn't a race thing. Their stupidity made it one. Watson was interested in bieniemy because Mahomes pounded the table for him. All Houston had to do was give a courtesy interview. They were also the only team to not interview Saleh. I think it's more about the arrogance of these patriot stooges that they don't think they need to.

Let's be real. It's dabolls job to lose. Much as Houston is doing gymnastics to pretend they're entertaining other options. All of a sudden adding guys like bieniemy and Frazier to their list is all weak theatre.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:05 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Houston wasn't a race thing. Their stupidity made it one. Watson was interested in bieniemy because Mahomes pounded the table for him. All Houston had to do was give a courtesy interview. They were also the only team to not interview Saleh. I don't think it's a race thing. I think it's the arrogance of these patriot stooges that they don't think they need to.

Let's be real. It's dabolls job to lose. Much as Houston is doing gymnastics to pretend they're entertaining other options.
It’s more likely that Daboll gets the Chargers job...
[Reply]
patteeu 07:09 PM 01-14-2021
It’s more likely that Daboll gets the Chargers job...
I hope not.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:11 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Resumes only tell part of the story.
I'm not saying it's race, but give me a break. Eric Bieniemy could be and probably will be a better coach than Zac fucking Taylor.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:12 PM 01-14-2021
The obvious answer is his past. This day and age you get scrutinized for your past behavior more than ever, and Bieniemy had a laundry list of things that'll get him raked across the proverbial coals on top of what's already been mentioned
[Reply]
staylor26 07:14 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm not saying it's race, but give me a break. Eric Bieniemy could be and probably will be a better coach than Zac fucking Taylor.
I totally understand that viewpoint, but to ignore why a guy like Taylor got hired in the first place, and the current trend of teams wanting QB coaches/developers at HC, is pure ignorance.

It’s very obvious what the new “prototype” is for a HC.

Now I’m willing to say it’s probably a combination of other things along with that, but that’s always been the biggest difference between Bieniemy and his white peers that have gotten HC jobs while he hasn’t.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:16 PM 01-14-2021

What in the blue fuck?

I don't care if you're listing these as "potential" reasons, man. Do you think these are possible reasons for Bieniemy not getting hired? That he's an incompetent leader and would make a terrible head coach?

There's a middle ground between race and Bieniemy being incompetent. It's called, "The timing isn't right." Due to the Chiefs constantly being in the playoff hunt and Bieniemy being unable to be released from his job until they get eliminated. It's the far more logical explanation, and I'm kind of getting pissed that it's getting overlooked by both sides to explain the situation.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:17 PM 01-14-2021
You could be right. I hope someone hires Bienemy because I think Reid can replace him adequately and because it comes with a compensatory draft pick so it’s low risk/guaranteed reward for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:18 PM 01-14-2021
What in the blue fuck?

I don't care if you're listing these as "potential" reasons, man. Do you think these are possible reasons for Bieniemy not getting hired? That he's an incompetent leader and would make a terrible head coach?

There's a middle ground between race and Bieniemy being incompetent. It's called, "The timing isn't right." Due to the Chiefs constantly being in the playoff hunt and Bieniemy being unable to be released from his job until they get eliminated. It's the far more logical explanation, and I'm kind of getting pissed that it's getting overlooked by both sides to explain the situation.
I’m just listing other reasons beyond race dude.

I don’t disagree at all with timing also being an issue. It’s not the only one though.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:27 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No it's because of his background and in America we dont give people second chances anymore because of the society people like Nick Wright have helped create
And Black men in America consistently get fewer - if any - second chances than white men. Both things can be true.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 72
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up