ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
srvy 04:15 PM 12-27-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.
Undoubtably most are not used for much but hauling home occasional lumber or appliances etc. A working truck has signs it will be banged up a bit exterior. There will be dirt in wheel wells and underneath their driveway will have big chunks of mud that has dropped from underneath. This is because finding a old style wand coin operated wash is hard they are going instinct. When you do find one the they might boot you because it's hard on there drainage system.

I have a truck that I use for hunting fishing and camping. My work furnished truck I have been all over the most the lower 48 plus portions of Canada. I'd rather fly or travel comfortably but the equiptment and gear have to get there somehow. I drive a truck as little as possible when home.

typed with my trusty nose picker using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ghak99 05:31 PM 12-27-2019
I wonder what proportion of people with trucks use it for truck purposes. I live in the middle of a city so my perspective is skewed, but the trucks I see are not fording creeks or hauling cattle trailers.

In more rural areas, you undoubtedly have a lot more working trucks. But even in a small town I have a feeling that half of the trucks are purchased as a style choice rather than a need.
I'd bet it's more than half. KC is full of people spending discretionary income on large vehicles that are essentially glorified cars. There's even a lot of four door dually trucks with balls on the bumpers that look like they've never even had a trailer hooked to them and when you look over the bed rail the bed mat doesn't even have a hole cut in it for a gooseneck ball. I find it rather amusing considering when you push a pencil to some of these vehicles the cost per mile driven is quite substantial.

I also wonder how many of the people who put a deposit down realize just how big this truck is. It's not going to fit in some garages and they're going to get to learn just how fun it is taking one of these trucks to the grocery store when they try to pull into the parking spaces.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:56 AM 12-28-2019

My s10 is for ladders,etc...pound the miles on ..oops spilled a coke oh well work truck.

My Elco gets pulled out on occasion.
[Reply]
Paniero 12:00 PM 01-03-2020
I've ordered one. The two motor version will suffice.

I'm going to Mad Max the hell out of it.
[Reply]
Scorp 02:14 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Paniero:
I've ordered one. The two motor version will suffice.

I'm going to Mad Max the hell out of it.
You didn't order one. All you did was contribute to giving Musk a 0% interest loan he can fund another project with.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:26 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Scorp:
You didn't order one. All you did was contribute to giving Musk a 0% interest loan he can fund another project with.
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 02:28 PM 01-03-2020

My truck is used to drive to and from work most days. But keep in mind that farming is not the only legitimate use for a truck. I have used mine for towing a camper and a motorcycle trailer. I have used to it haul a bunch of different things over the years including lumber, flooring, roofing shingles, trash, appliances, and on and on. It's also the designated vehicle for taking my dogs on a ride.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:45 PM 01-03-2020
While true, the idea that $20 million (200k deposits x $100) makes any difference at all to a company worth $80 billion is laughable. It's much more about the marketing value (i.e., creating headlines) and demand forecasting than the interest on the deposits.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:08 PM 01-03-2020
Back in the day, it was a Mustang, a Challenger, hell - even a Ford Explorer. However, as age creeped in, I began to realize that I was constantly trying to fit ladders and the like in these small assed trunks.

So, since the late 80s - I have been a truck guy. Don't have to haul something everyday - but it was sure a godsend to pickup and drop off a 9 foot Christmas tree..... :-)
[Reply]
Paniero 01:20 PM 01-05-2020
I placed an order that at least preserves the FSD at 7k. $100 is not much to sacrifice to do so.

If Musk wants to jerk off with my $100 deposit, I don't really care.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:48 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
At least the rivian truck looks like one. I hate the short bed though dammit.

https://rivian.com/

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
srvy 03:46 PM 01-07-2020
Would you buy a truck from this guy?

Biggest surprise at the Tesla gigafactory ceremony to mark first Model 3 deliveries? @elonmusk dancing on stage (part of his charm offensive in Shanghai in front of employees and government officials?) pic.twitter.com/fXnMdgkxuN

— Selina Wang (@selinawangtv) January 7, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 11:48 AM 07-01-2020
https://fortune.com/2020/07/01/tesla...ker-elon-musk/

This has got to infuriate Bep.
[Reply]
backinblack 11:55 AM 07-01-2020
funny, after this came out a few days back

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/aut...urvey-n1232055
[Reply]
DaFace 12:01 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
funny, after this came out a few days back

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/aut...urvey-n1232055
I'm not surprised that Tesla fared poorly - though they are good about fixing things, they're well known for having lots of little issues. I'm more surprised at Dodge and Kia topping the list. That's...hard to believe.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up