ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 40
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dental experiences with O.City
Lzen 09:17 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Oh yeah, works great. I do a fair amount of it, but I'm pretty picky about what I do it on.
It's too late for me as I've had my more traditional style for nearly 2 years now but, I'm curious. What if the....oooh, what do they call those....canines?... what if those were sunken down...or some of them anyway? My teeth were not the worse case but definitely more than a simple straightening. I went to the best and probably most experienced orthodontist in town. But I often wonder if it would have been easier to go the Invisalign route. Not to mention being a middle-aged adult with braces takes some getting used to.
[Reply]
O.city 01:20 PM 12-10-2020
Finally getting around to this thread.

Running two practices full time has worn me down lately. Couple interesting stories for you guys though.

Got yelled at by the mom of a 15 year old kid this week. Had a small cavity on an upper right molar think it was a first molar. Anyway, very small pit and fissure decay, discussed with the kid "hey, i can probably do this without giving you a shot and it won't be sensitive or hurt, just might feel a bit cold. If it does, let me know, I'll give you some anesthetic, no biggie".

Kid says ok, we do the filling, no problem. Kid never moves, says anything. I ask at the end, "that go ok?"

"Yeah, didn't feel a thing, thanks I was dreading the shot" .

Walk into my office and next thing I know mom is irate at the front dest. I walk up there to de escalate and she unloads on me.

"How dare you do a filling with no anesthetic, you've traumatized my child, I'll be suing etc" I tell her I felt for that size of decay an injection was unnecessary and that it's very common to do it this way.

She storms out.

Oh well.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:31 PM 12-10-2020
Finally getting around to this thread.

Running two practices full time has worn me down lately. Couple interesting stories for you guys though.

Got yelled at by the mom of a 15 year old kid this week. Had a small cavity on an upper right molar think it was a first molar. Anyway, very small pit and fissure decay, discussed with the kid "hey, i can probably do this without giving you a shot and it won't be sensitive or hurt, just might feel a bit cold. If it does, let me know, I'll give you some anesthetic, no biggie".

Kid says ok, we do the filling, no problem. Kid never moves, says anything. I ask at the end, "that go ok?"

"Yeah, didn't feel a thing, thanks I was dreading the shot" .

Walk into my office and next thing I know mom is irate at the front dest. I walk up there to de escalate and she unloads on me.

"How dare you do a filling with no anesthetic, you've traumatized my child, I'll be suing etc" I tell her I felt for that size of decay an injection was unnecessary and that it's very common to do it this way.

She storms out.

Oh well.
You should have hired someone to drive to her place of work and yell at her for being a cunt.
[Reply]
O.city 03:46 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You should have hired someone to drive to her place of work and yell at her for being a ****.
I would like to.

Oh well.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:52 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You should have hired someone to drive to her place of work and yell at her for being a ****.
She's just mad that no one wants to fill in her cavity.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:47 AM 12-11-2020
Damn I needed a root canal for the first time ever. My last molar next to my wisdom tooth (I have all four grew in fine) was hurting really bad on that side when i chewed or ate cold food. Sure it was infected.

got the root canal and three days before getting the temp crown put on I bit into a burrito and BAM the tooth broke clear down the middle and side. had to get it extracted. First time. Ouch.

Getting an implant. $$$$ F-me But
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Damn I needed a root canal for the first time ever. My last molar next to my wisdom tooth (I have all four grew in fine) was hurting really bad on that side when i chewed or ate cold food. Sure it was infected.

got the root canal and three days before getting the temp crown put on I bit into a burrito and BAM the tooth broke clear down the middle and side. had to get it extracted. First time. Ouch.

Getting an implant. $$$$ F-me But
Damn. Have seen it happen a lot.

Second molars are so close to the hinge angle they take a beating. My dad had a 2nd molar blow up and need a root canal. No chance I was doing it, but I was gonna go in and take the nerve out (pulpotomy) and get him out of pain. Found a crack and had to extract it.

If you had to lose a tooth, second molar would be the one to lose.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:53 AM 12-11-2020
Of all fields, Dentist's seem to retire the earliest
[Reply]
O.city 07:12 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Of all fields, Dentist's seem to retire the earliest
The ones retiring now are. My generation I doubt it.

Between school and practice purchase it takes a while to pay off
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:29 AM 12-11-2020
Are you in SWMO?

I'll be down in the area around Christmas, can I stop in for a quick root canal?
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 12-11-2020
I am.

And no way, I’ve done my last root canal of my career. Those get referred out ain’t nobody got time for that
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 AM 12-11-2020
I am.

And no way, I’ve done my last root canal of my career. Those get referred out ain’t nobody got time for that
Damn. My 2nd molars (the ones that are left) are full of fillings from when I was a kid. I have bruxism so of course those teeth take a lot of pressure even though I wear a mouth guard. On the left side, I had one crack so the fillings came loose. Had it capped and then the one directly above it did the same thing. Now the right side is doing it. I'm assuming the one on the bottom will go first and once it's capped, it will crush the one above it. So I'll have four gold teeth.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Damn. My 2nd molars (the ones that are left) are full of fillings from when I was a kid. I have bruxism so of course those teeth take a lot of pressure even though I wear a mouth guard. On the left side, I had one crack so the fillings came loose. Had it capped and then the one directly above it did the same thing. Now the right side is doing it. I'm assuming the one on the bottom will go first and once it's capped, it will crush the one above it. So I'll have four gold teeth.
Yeah, see it all the time. Good on doing the gold, it’s a great material for crowns.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:58 AM 12-11-2020
Yeah, see it all the time. Good on doing the gold, it’s a great material for crowns.
Cheaper too. They're not right in my smile or anything so I didn't see the need to go with white.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:53 AM 12-11-2020
I got my teeth cleaned yesterday. They had a new hygienist and her conversation with me was awkward and forced. They need to teach conversation in hygiene school.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 40
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up