ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:59 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
That is dumb logic. Do you care how much the cook is making when you go to a restaurant? No. All that matters is your order is correct and it tastes good.

This is the same thing. Why do I care how much a player makes as long as the team wins.
Because it’s harder to win when players are getting paid out of whack.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:12 PM 02-02-2021
I imagine a guy like Marvin Jones Jr. is also out of our price range too, but would be be a suitable replacement for Sammy?
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:15 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because it’s harder to win when players are getting paid out of whack.
Clearly Watkins contact hasn't caused a problem in that sense so far.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:29 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
If how much the cook makes affects how much the waiter makes and how he waits and the quality of service and quality of the restaurant overall, yes I'll care.

The salary of one player affects more than that one player and can lead to the team not being or being able to re-sign or sign a player. I don't know how this concept is escaping you.
How does the concept escape you that it does not matter what you think a player is worth? The only opinions that matter are Veach, Reid, and Hunt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:34 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Clearly Watkins contact hasn't caused a problem in that sense so far.
So far.

At some point it will become an issue, not only because of the salary but because of declining production.

He played in 10 games in 2018, 14 last year, and 10 this year.

However, this year was his lowest number of targets, receptions, yards, TD's, yards per catch, and longest play.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:37 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would rather sign Chris Conley back. Knows the system, is 28 and only got a 2 years $4.5 million contract in Jacksonville.

Did I mention he’d actually play more than 5 games a year?

Conley sucks elephant semen. No thanks.
[Reply]
-King- 04:56 PM 02-02-2021
How does the concept escape you that it does not matter what you think a player is worth? The only opinions that matter are Veach, Reid, and Hunt.
You realize we're on a chiefs message board discussing the chiefs right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:57 PM 02-02-2021
This is a discussion board. If we're not going to have discussions, what's the point?

I fully trust Veach and Reid. If they bring Sammy back, I'm going to trust them.

That doesn't mean that I think it's a good idea as of right now.
[Reply]
wazu 05:04 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is a discussion board. If we're not going to have discussions, what's the point?

I fully trust Veach and Reid. If they bring Sammy back, I'm going to trust them.

How dare you express your opinion on this place where people come to exchange opinions?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:13 PM 02-02-2021
HEY IS THERE OPINION SHARING GOING ON IN HERE HOW FUCKING DARE YOU THATS NOT ALLOWED YOUR STUPID BULLSHIT OPINIONS DON'T MATTER ANYWAY
[Reply]
fan4ever 05:18 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
How dare you express your opinion on this place where people come to exchange opinions?
You need to visit DC forum. Spend enough time there and you'll find opinions are not welcome...especially opposing opinions.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:26 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Between the two I'd much prefer the Watkins deal.
Green looks done to me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:29 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Green looks done to me.
His wheels fell off after the 2017 season.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:29 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

That is mostly the point I am trying to make. So many people here, King comes across this way to me and maybe I am wrong, that they legitimately think they know more than Veach and Reid.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:19 PM 02-02-2021
King hates Veach and Reid
[Reply]
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up