ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 189
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What strains of weed are you currently smoking?
Coochie liquor 06:14 PM 11-07-2014
Since we have a what are you drinking thread, I think we need a what strain are you smoking thread. Hope it's not a Q.

I'll start. I've got 2 kinds currently 1) Cherry Berry, which is a cross between Berry White and Cherry Kush 2) some fire ass Blue Dream. Hard to pick which I like better but leaning towards Cherry Berry. All the Berry White strains I've had are funk!!
[Reply]
Frosty 04:12 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Vaping involves little irritation to your lungs. It's discreet.

And there are run down shack looking places as was just described a few posts ago, and sprawling Target looking stores with IPADS that are about as intimidating as a kitten.

I feel confident in saying he's got a good shot at saying bye bye migraines.
Our county commissioner is apparently trying to circumvent the law and has only (and says will only) granted licenses to two places in the whole county and they are both back room, go through heavy security places that are a bit intimidating. Definitely no a place to just browse.

Originally Posted by KC native:
Completely depends on the state.
Thought that was obvious. Washington.

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Like Kat said, I'd get a Vape. A Real vape. Not those shitty vape pens that smoke shops will undoubtedly try to sell you.

It's much more discreet and much easier on the lungs. Some say it uses more weed, but i disagree. That might just be dependent on the vape though.

I've heard nothing but outstanding reviews about this little, unimpressive looking device http://www.magic-flight.com/

I did some research prior to buying my Vape about two years ago and that Vape i linked kept popping up everywhere i looked, and even when i shopped around in different stores, again sales clerks kept mentioning that thing.
Thanks. I'll, I mean my friend, will look into this.
[Reply]
KC native 04:14 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Thought that was obvious. Washington.
Ah, wasn't paying attention. Stoner moment.
[Reply]
Katipan 04:24 PM 01-22-2015
I think the convenience of a vape pen is what makes it easy to go through more.

But I don't really see that as a downfall. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:28 PM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by Katipan:
I think the convenience of a vape pen is what makes it easy to go through more.

But I don't really see that as a downfall. :-)
But it's not really a Vape though unless you're using waxes or liquids. If you're using solid herb, then it's really nothing more than a car cig lighter.
[Reply]
KC native 04:35 PM 01-22-2015
But it's not really a Vape though unless you're using waxes or liquids. If you're using solid herb, then it's really nothing more than a car cig lighter.
Not true for the Pax.

The Pax is the only herb portable vaporizer that I've tried and actually liked.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:59 PM 01-22-2015
Kansas Senate committee hears from medical marijuana supporters
BY BRYAN LOWRYEAGLE TOPEKA BUREAU
01/21/2015 9:56 AM 01/21/2015 6:44 PM

Supporters of medical marijuana testified before the Senate Public Health and Welfare committee Wednesday in the first of two informational hearings on the topic. Opponents are set to testify Thursday.

At an emotional hearing, teary-eyed parents of children suffering from a severe seizure disorders pleaded with lawmakers to seriously consider legalizing medical marijuana in Kansas.

Supporters of medical marijuana testified before the Senate Public Health and Welfare committee Wednesday in the first of two informational hearings on the topic. Opponents are set to testify Thursday.

Tracy Robles, a Wichita resident, told the committee that her 6-year-old daughter Sophie has “been on about every seizure medication there is” because she suffers from Dravet Syndrome, a chronic form of epilepsy that begins in infancy. Robles said none of the medications had proven entirely effective in treating her daughter’s seizures.

“The side effects from the medicines that she’s been on include things like liver damage, kidney damage and a whole host of other issues,” Robles said. “I’ve had to make decisions on what medicine she would try next based on which organ it would damage.”

Related

Wichita City Council could vote on marijuana issue Tuesday
Kansas senator: Legalized medical marijuana is inevitable
Marijuana-reform group files Wichita petition to lessen penalties
In states where it is legal, such as Colorado, medical marijuana has been used to treat children suffering from Sophie’s condition.

Kiley Klug, whose 7-year-old son Owen also suffers from Dravet, said he has between 10 and 40 seizures a day.

“I cannot even begin to convey how difficult it’s been to watch our child decline and suffer,” testified Klug, an Odin resident who described herself as a conservative. “Medical cannabis could give Owen his life back. Many children just like our son are benefiting from this medicine. And in many cases these children are speaking, swimming, biking and interacting. I’m here pleading with you today to please give Owen this same chance to thrive.”

Sen. David Haley, D-Kansas City, a member of the committee, introduced SB 9, which would legalize medical marijuana, during the first week of the session. Sen. Mary Pilcher-Cook, R-Shawnee, the committee’s chair, told attendees that the hearing was informational, not specifically a hearing on that bill.

Pilcher-Cook encouraged attendees to return the next day to hear from opponents, who she said might offer them some surprising information and hope. She called the stories of children with Dravet Syndrome heartbreaking and said she would be anxious to learn if other alternatives besides marijuana are available.

“We only heard from one side today. And we need to hear from the other side,” she said.

Those set to speak against legalization on Thursday include Topeka doctor Eric Voth and Ed Klumpp of the Kansas Association of Chiefs of Police, according to an e-mail from Pilcher-Cook’s office. The Kansas Association of Addiction Professionals also will speak against the bill.

Sen. Jacob LaTurner, R-Pittsburg, said he would have liked to have heard from more medical professionals in support of medical marijuana.

Esau Freeman, a Wichitan and medical marijuana activist, responded that the state’s current laws prevent doctors from speaking out on the issue.

Christie Bay submitted a letter from her daughter’s pediatrician in support of using medical marijuana to treat Dravet Syndrome.

Sen. Michael O’Donnell, R-Wichita, the committee’s vice chair, said the Kansas Medical Society’s opposition gave him pause about the idea.

“I’m not a medical professional,” O’Donnell said. “And if the Medical Society who handles this on a day-to-day basis debunks what the proponents were saying today, I would side with the medical experts versus people who don’t have the medical background.”

“I trust my doctor. If he tells me I’m sick I’m probably sick,” he added.

Freeman framed the discussion as a states’ rights issue, contending the state should control policing of marijuana within in its own borders. He said allowing people to purchase marijuana legally for medicinal reasons would cut down on black markets.

“I implore you to pass this conservative legislation in 2015,” Freeman said. “I know I’m talking about marijuana and conservative legislation in the same sentence, but friends, we spend $28,000 each year for each non-violent person who is caught in this situation for possessing marijuana. This is something we can fiscally not keep up with.”

The Kansas Health Institute provided neutral testimony on the issue, saying that states where marijuana had been legalized for medical purposes saw little to no increase in overall marijuana consumption but saw some increased use among at-risk teens.

Reach Bryan Lowry at 785-296-3006 or blowry@wichitaeagle.com. Follow him on Twitter: @BryanLowry3.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:19 PM 01-22-2015
Tried some Purple Urkel. It is pretty good.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:21 PM 01-22-2015
More cheese...
[Reply]
Katipan 07:29 PM 01-22-2015
Yeah I'm not big on vaping flower. But I haven't tried Natives tho.

I just mean in general I can fly through a 150 cartridge like I'm getting paid for it.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:32 PM 01-22-2015
Like Kat said, I'd get a Vape. A Real vape. Not those shitty vape pens that smoke shops will undoubtedly try to sell you.

It's much more discreet and much easier on the lungs. Some say it uses more weed, but i disagree. That might just be dependent on the vape though.

I've heard nothing but outstanding reviews about this little, unimpressive looking device http://www.magic-flight.com/

I did some research prior to buying my Vape about two years ago and that Vape i linked kept popping up everywhere i looked, and even when i shopped around in different stores, again sales clerks kept mentioning that thing.
A friend of mine swears by the Firefly.

Were I to indulge in such things, though, I'd probably go with the Pax.
[Reply]
In58men 07:36 PM 01-22-2015
Why does my job have to drug test?
[Reply]
Ash 08:38 PM 01-22-2015

I just bought a desk top vape that I have had my eye on for some time. http://www.silversurfervap.com/ I got it on a cyber Monday deal for way less than full price. I believe I use less weed with the vape, either way I love it .

I use the vape with a bong sometimes by just inserting the wand piece into the stem of the bong . I have seasonal asthma and like the effect of the added cooling/humidity, obviously this set up is less than discreet.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:51 AM 01-23-2015

I'm going to give my honest opinion of that device and the other 1200 of that very same design under different names in one word. Junk. Unfortunately truly vaping any flower without proper heat control you're just burning it till it isn't black or ash. Not truely vaping it.

If you want to vape flowers you have to spend a bit more than most will confess. There are many worthy products out there. But none of them are portable, or discreet. 4 of the top of my head would the the SSV, DaBuddha, Arizer, and Volcano.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:57 AM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
More cheese...
Skunk #1 pls
[Reply]
The Poz 11:37 AM 01-26-2015

[Reply]
Page 25 of 189
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up