ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 53
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
-King- 08:32 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Because he and Watkins are asked to do different things
Andy will adjust his offense if he sees a superior player even if he's a different type. He's not some stuck in his ways OC who only runs an offense one way and one way only. And Watkins can still be a possession type WR even with Hardman taking a larger role in the offense.

Question: Do you not see a future where Hardman is starting opposite Hill or will we need to get another "Watkins type" receiver to start there next year if Watkins is gone?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:33 PM 12-02-2020
Because he and Watkins are asked to do different things
The best version of Hardman would be something like Desean Jackson from a few years ago.

The best version of Watkins would be something like Michael Thomas.

They aren't the same type of WR. Comparing Watkins and Hardman and their respective duties on the field is stupid.
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Andy will adjust his offense if he sees a superior player even if he's a different type. He's not some stuck in his ways OC who only runs an offense one way and one way only. And Watkins can still be a possession type WR even with Hardman taking a larger role in the offense.

Question: Do you not see a future where Hardman is starting opposite Hill or will we need to get another "Watkins type" receiver to start there next year if Watkins is gone?
Eh no but that’s more because they’ll want hill and hardman on the field together with someone else.

I’m guessing they’ll want another bigger body guy similar to Watkins
[Reply]
staylor26 08:34 PM 12-02-2020

Hardman might not ever officially be the X in this offense, but his usage and targets will absolutely go up either way.

I don’t know why you can’t grasp this.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hardman might not ever officially be the X in this offense, but his usage and targets will absolutely go up either way.

They should already imo
[Reply]
staylor26 08:37 PM 12-02-2020
They should already imo
Technically they already have from last year. He’s only 2 targets away from matching last year’s total.

Bringing back Watkins and Robinson has just prevented the jump we were expecting, and that’s fine. We’re the #1 offense in the NFL. I don’t care if I have to wait for next year for Hardman to get starter usage. When that’s one of the few things you have to complain about, things are fucking GREAT.
[Reply]
-King- 08:46 PM 12-02-2020
I’m not the least but disappointed with his development. He’s clearly improved. It’s just a weird season and after bringing back Watkins and Robinson, Andy is in no rush.

I’m not going to complain about a guy that’s been extremely productive and efficient. My only complaint is that Andy doesn’t use him more, but again, that’s Andy and I’ve learned to deal with it as long as we keep winning SB’s.

This team has the luxury of being extremely patient with their young developing players. It’s a good thing, not a bad thing, even though you want it to be.
Jesus, why can't we have conversations about being disappointed in players play or development without it being "you want it to be a bad thing" or "you're miserable even though we're 10-1 rabble rabble"?

Here's a post I made about him before last season even ended

Count me in with the people who didn't think he'd be that good either. His route tree is basically only 3 routes (same as Hardmans) but they made it work and he excelled. I think Hardman is more likely and able to expand his route tree though.

Its not wrong to be hopeful for a players development and then be disappointed when it doesn't look like he's progressed to the levels I or many others expected. Hopefully next year he'll put it together because I'd rather see him at the #2 position than us having to bring back Watkins or Robinson or have to pick up a WR in FA or early in the draft.
[Reply]
-King- 08:50 PM 12-02-2020

Hopefully because as of right now, his snap count has gone up a whopping 1.84% from last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:53 PM 12-02-2020
Hopefully because as of right now, his snap count has gone up a whopping 1.84% from last year.
Again, he’s already 2 targets away from last years total...

You just can’t seem to accept that bringing Watkins and Robinson back to have that continuity and “run it back” has slowed Hardman’s development.

Hardman looks improved, his route tree is expanding, and he’s continuing to make plays and be productive/efficient on a per target basis.

We’re 10-1 and have the #1 offense in the NFL while you’re bitching about something that any person that isn’t miserable couldn’t care less about.

That’s why I’m giving you shit. 90% of your posts this week have been bitching about Hardman and Clark and here you are pretending not to be a whiny little bitch.
[Reply]
O.city 08:55 PM 12-02-2020
I had hoped hardman would have fully replaced Watkins by now too. Just talking about it, not bitching
[Reply]
-King- 08:56 PM 12-02-2020
Again, he’s already 2 targets away from last years total...

You just can’t seem to accept that bringing Watkins and Robinson back to have that continuity and “run it back” has slowed Hardman’s development.

Hardman looks improved, his route tree is expanding, and he’s continuing to make plays and be productive/efficient on a per target basis.

We’re 10-1 and have the #1 offense in the NFL while you’re bitching about something that any person that isn’t miserable couldn’t care less about.
Don't respond to me then if you think I'm bitching. Maybe don't click on a thread titled "What's up with Mecole Hardman?" also. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:59 PM 12-02-2020
Don't respond to me then if you think I'm bitching. Maybe don't click on a thread titled "What's up with Mecole Hardman?" also. :-)
Talking about how “disappointed” you are is bitching by definition...
[Reply]
-King- 09:01 PM 12-02-2020
Talking about how “disappointed” you are is bitching by definition...
No, its about having expectations for something or someone and them not meeting that expectation.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:03 PM 12-02-2020
No, its about having expectations for something or someone and them not meeting that expectation.
Awwww Hardman hasn’t met King’s expectations?

Bad Hardman!
[Reply]
-King- 09:04 PM 12-02-2020
Awwww Hardman hasn’t met King’s expectations?

Bad Hardman!
I know, it's bad. Still have hope for him though.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 53
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up