ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 249 of 297
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
kstater 04:06 AM 10-16-2010
FAP FAP FAP

http://www.kstatesports.com/training...y/gallery.html
[Reply]
Dante84 09:55 AM 10-16-2010
Don't kill the messenger.... but I have a rumor to report.

Source: Kstate's friend of a friend
Truth Probability: 30%
Location of info reaching me: last night at a bar

Take with a large salt lick.

RUMOR
"SLU's Willie Reed will be a Wildcat. He was projected as a first round NBA talent, decided to stay in school, didn't get along with his coach, and wants to go to Kstate. Has/had off the court issues."

Now, My own research:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/willie-reed

33 - Willie Reed, St. Louis

Birthday: 5/16/90
NBA Position: Power Forward
Class: Junior
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 220
Hometown: Kansas City, MO
High School: Bishop Miege
Overall 92
2011 Mock: 23
Big Board: 44
Pos Rank - PF: 7
NBA Comparison: Hakim Warrick/Stromile Swift

Strengths: Extremely athletic and long power forward … He has a very lanky and wiry frame … His springy legs allow him to get off the ground very quickly and without needing to gather himself before exploding … He has a live body with good reflexes and shows the ability to catch tough passes in traffic and while on the move … He runs the floor well, showing a very impressive motor for a young big … Finishes strong at and above the rim … Has a soft touch around the basket, and shows a nice right mini hook as well as a turnaround jumper to his left shoulder … Even though he lacks any sort of consistency or confidence in his jumpshot, his form is good and he has a smooth stroke (although he tends to shoot offbalance) … He has extremely quick feet and is very agile for a player his size, he uses this to his advantage as he outquicks defenders in the post on a regular basis … While attacking the basket he shows good body control and he uses his length to finish around and over defenders … He works hard to establish post position, moving well and holding his ground in order to receive the ball in good scoring spots … Defensively he shows great anticipation, combining that with his physical and athletic gifts, he is a game changer on the defensive end … He has the ability to block and alter many shots on the ball as well as from the weak side … He also gets his hands on many balls in traffic, for steals or deflections … As a rebounder, he likes to attack the glass and can uses his leaping ability to grab balls that are well out of his area …

Weaknesses: Needs to continue to work on his body, adding weight and muscle (although his frame shows good potential for growth and development) … Still somewhat of a project because his fundamentals are ways away from his athletic package … Will need to add moves to his low post repertoire, at this point he relies on his athleticism and it works against inferior defenders, but against next level competition he will need to become more comfortable using counter moves … He becomes predictable with his back to the basket because he does not like to turn to his right should or use his left hand to finish … Even when he does turn to his right shoulder, he will still use his right hand, which exposes the ball back to the defender and leads to an awkward shot attempt … Needs to work on his faceup game, he has the quickness to beat people off the dribble, but at this point he has very little success putting the ball on the deck … His jumper shows a lot of promise, but he has to gain more consistency letting it fly from outside of 10 feet … His shooting inconsistency also follows him to the foul line, where he has lingered around the 55% mark …
[Reply]
Dante84 09:59 AM 10-16-2010
AHA!!!! Some heavy smoke.... is there a fire?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...102af552c.html

Former SLU basketball player looks to join Kansas State

Former St. Louis University center Willie Reed is heading home and is looking to continue his basketball career at Kansas State, according to his father.

"We're here at Kansas State right now and we're in the process of being enrolled," Reed Sr. told the Post-Dispatch by phone on Friday.

K-State, in Manhattan, Kan., is about two hours west of where Reed grew up in Kansas City. The Wildcats finished 29-8 last season and reached the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.

It's a quick change for Reed. He and teammate Kwamain Mitchell were no longer enrolled at SLU as of Wednesday after, according to sources, the university's student conduct committee suspended them for a year, a sentence that was reduced to a semester, amid allegations of a sexual assault.

According to Mitchell's lawyer, the point guard will be allowed to return in January if he meets certain requirements. Reed Sr. said that his son had done nothing wrong and wouldn't apply for readmission. Reed Jr. asked for and received permission from SLU to talk to other schools.

Under NCAA rules, if Reed enrolls at K-State and begins going to classes when the school's second term begins Jan. 18, he would be eligible after one year. That means he could be eligible for the second half of next season. Reed was an honorable mention All-Atlantic 10 selection and was SLU's leading rebounder and second-leading scorer, behind Mitchell.

When Reed chose to go to SLU, he said that he had interest from Big 12 schools. A KSU spokesman said he hadn't heard of Reed's transferring.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 11:41 AM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
They should make it this year. N. Texas is just as bad as KU is. The other games, well.... it's a toss up. Don't like my chances against Missouri, and as far as the others are concerned, well.... it's hard to tell, really. Colorado? Maybe. Baylor? I don't know. Okie Light? Texas?

I'll be impressed if they go 4-4 in the conference, considering they're 2-1 currently.
Yeah, there's no excuse for not making a bowl. As for the rest of the schedule, I think CU and BU are both winnable games (not that I necessarily expect us to win, but they're not exactly "tough" games), MU, UT and O-State are tougher, but I feel like we can at least win 1, if not 2 of those games (hell, we could win all 3 but I certainly don't expect us to).

That said, if we lose to Baylor, it could be a long wait until the NT game....
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:47 AM 10-16-2010
Yep, Reed's going to KSU and I'm pretty pissed about it. Losing Reed blows.
[Reply]
Coach 11:48 AM 10-16-2010
Wow, that was a shocker.

And anybody know what is the kickoff time for the Okie Lite game?
[Reply]
Coach 11:49 AM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
Yeah, there's no excuse for not making a bowl. As for the rest of the schedule, I think CU and BU are both winnable games (not that I necessarily expect us to win, but they're not exactly "tough" games), MU, UT and O-State are tougher, but I feel like we can at least win 1, if not 2 of those games (hell, we could win all 3 but I certainly don't expect us to).

That said, if we lose to Baylor, it could be a long wait until the NT game....
Yeah, if CU was playing Cody Hawkins, I would be more comfortable than Hanson. Baylor, well, they have a very damned good QB, that type of QB that gives K-State trouble. They'll have their hands full.

And as far as OSU/Tejas game, well, the only thing I can think of is that they're both at Manhattan. I don't know how good Okie Light is, but Texas, their defense is solid, but their offense is just putrid. I think K-State have a better chance against Texas than OSU as of this point.
[Reply]
kstater 11:50 AM 10-16-2010
Wow, that was a shocker.

And anybody know what is the kickoff time for the Okie Lite game?
TBD
[Reply]
Coach 11:53 AM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
TBD
Yeah, I know it's TBD, but was hoping if someone "inside" would know. Don't they usually make the decision 2 weeks prior to the game, usually Mondays?
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:56 AM 10-16-2010
Yeah, if CU was playing Cody Hawkins, I would be more comfortable than Hanson. Baylor, well, they have a very damned good QB, that type of QB that gives K-State trouble. They'll have their hands full.

And as far as OSU/Tejas game, well, the only thing I can think of is that they're both at Manhattan. I don't know how good Okie Light is, but Texas, their defense is solid, but their offense is just putrid. I think K-State have a better chance against Texas than OSU as of this point.
Yeah, Baylor is a really bad matchup for KSU. RG3 could torch you just like NU.
[Reply]
Coach 04:10 PM 10-16-2010

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:12 PM 10-16-2010
Is that Daniel Sams?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:13 PM 10-16-2010
I went to Madness in Manhattan last night. Not much to report that you guys probably don't already know. Good event.
[Reply]
kstater 04:13 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I went to Madness in Manhattan last night. Not much to report that you guys probably don't already know. Good event.
Did Frank dress up in golden parachute pants and make a fool of himself?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 04:15 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
Did Frank dress up in golden parachute pants and make a fool of himself?
Hah. No.
[Reply]
Page 249 of 297
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259 > Last »
Up