ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 270
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
oldman 03:21 PM 08-16-2019
It's not all speed versus power. We've only touched a couple times about pass protection. I once was told that a CB is a WR with bad hands. The same thing can be said that a CB is a gadget player that can't throw a block when it's needed. We all saw what happened just about every time DAT lined up in the backfield. What makes you think Smith will fare better? If the only thing he's good at is fielding kickoffs, he's expendable.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:24 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You guys leave the medical stuff to us doctors
Yeah. leave that shit to us doctors...
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 04:26 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yikes.

The dreaded 'Jones Fracture'.

If handled absolutely perfectly and he isn't just plum unlucky, he should probably return this season with no long-term effects. But man, the Chargers are walking a tightrope here - they need to be awfully careful.

This kid's among the best in the game and they can ill-afford to ruin him.

(And as his Sandbox owner, I'm crying a little right now)
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
lisfranc is inside the foot; Jones is on the outside.

Jones seems to be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with in a vacuum but if handled well, the long-term prognosis is good. Lisfranc, OTOH, seems to have much more dire long-term consequences.

I dunno...that's all a bit beyond my pay grade but it seems like the guys with the lisfranc issues have a pretty lousy success rate coming back. The Jones guys usually bounce back just fine unless something weird happens during recovery.
I had a Jones fracture at 13 playing football in the street with some friends- Buddy stepped on my foot causing it to plant, roll, and then fracture. Even after a 3 month cast it was never the same. I ended up breaking it at 19 while skateboarding, rupturing 1 ligament and partially tearing a second playing basketball at 26, and can honestly not tell you how many times I've sprained it or rolled it.. Even just walking it'll occasionally roll, leaving a varying degree of damage.

That one incident fucked my ankle for life and I DID listen to my doctor.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 04:34 PM 08-16-2019
Every single year this shit happens to the chargers. I almost feel sorry for them.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:38 PM 08-16-2019
Jay Glazer:

Does the Chiefs defense look better than last year? -Sarah K.

Absolutely. Yes, 1,000,000 percent. That’s a young defense, too. Honey Badger is going to give them a big boost as Eric Berry was out for much of last year. Frank Clark will give them a big boost with that pass rushing. Frank Clark gets it done!!! Steve Spagnuolo, when players pick up his scheme, it’s very effective. I know we talk about their offense a lot, but their defense, personnel wise, is in a much, much better place.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:40 PM 08-16-2019
Someone paid attention?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:57 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Someone paid attention?
Glazer has always been pretty reasonable and straightforward.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:00 PM 08-16-2019
I'm stoked that our defense is going to be much better. They will stomp jacksonville and Foles.

34-7
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:01 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'm stoked that our defense is going to be much better. They will stomp jacksonville and Foles.

34-7
One more time:

Undefeated.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Jay Glazer:

Does the Chiefs defense look better than last year? -Sarah K.

Absolutely. Yes, 1,000,000 percent. That’s a young defense, too. Honey Badger is going to give them a big boost as Eric Berry was out for much of last year. Frank Clark will give them a big boost with that pass rushing. Frank Clark gets it done!!! Steve Spagnuolo, when players pick up his scheme, it’s very effective. I know we talk about their offense a lot, but their defense, personnel wise, is in a much, much better place.
Wow a national media guy that actually does his homework.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:12 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wow a national media guy that actually does his homework.
I was just as surprised. Apparently he does his homework, according to Mr Sweets, but I can't say I really know much about Glazer
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:12 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
One more time:

Undefeated.
Indeed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:15 PM 08-16-2019
Indeed.
I'm dead serious. Every one of these games are the Chiefs to lose.
We've never been this complete as a team in my entire 30-plus year tenure as a fan. There were times when both sides of the ball were very strong and evenly matched, but there was never a franchise quarterback to tie it all together.

barring catastrophe, Mahomes has every opportunity and right to take every record and ring from Tom Brady and shove them right up Boston's ass before he retires.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:37 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I'm dead serious. Every one of these games are the Chiefs to lose.
We've never been this complete as a team in my entire 30-plus year tenure as a fan. There were times when both sides of the ball were very strong and evenly matched, but there was never a franchise quarterback to tie it all together.

barring catastrophe, Mahomes has every opportunity and right to take every record and ring from Tom Brady and shove them right up Boston's ass before he retires.
As was I dude. With one additional stop in each of our losses last year we were undefeated. I absolutely believe we can be 19-0 come February
[Reply]
BossChief 08:47 PM 08-16-2019
I was just as surprised. Apparently he does his homework, according to Mr Sweets, but I can't say I really know much about Glazer
He’s on the same level as Schefter. Those 2 are the most respected reporters in the industry.
[Reply]
Page 248 of 270
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258 > Last »
Up