ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 270
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What did Sammy Watkins have early in buffalo? Was it jones?
Watkins was a Jones, IIRC. Julio's was as well.

They're no bueno.
[Reply]
O.city 02:10 PM 08-16-2019
Yeah no good

The chao surgeon on twitter that used to be the chargers doc said if he just has the surgery now he could be back by mid season ish
[Reply]
-King- 02:11 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
lisfranc is inside the foot; Jones is on the outside.

Jones seems to be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with in a vacuum but if handled well, the long-term prognosis is good. Lisfranc, OTOH, seems to have much more dire long-term consequences.

I dunno...that's all a bit beyond my pay grade but it seems like the guys with the lisfranc issues have a pretty lousy success rate coming back. The Jones guys usually bounce back just fine unless something weird happens during recovery.
Greg Olsen had the Jones fracture and refractured it a year later last season. Those little bones inside the foot are a bitch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 08-16-2019
Yeah no good

The chao surgeon on twitter that used to be the chargers doc said if he just has the surgery now he could be back by mid season ish
I remember looking into it when we signed Watkins.

Evidently there's like a 2-year 'window' where you have to be worried about re-injury and if you make it out of that window, you're going to be fine.

So the Chargers will be holding their breath every time this dude makes a hard cut for the next 24 months. This one's gonna linger a bit...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:15 PM 08-16-2019
James had a pretty significant injury in college as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:15 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Greg Olsen had the Jones fracture and refractured it a year later last season. Those little bones inside the foot are a bitch.
I had foot surgery last October to fuse a joint - foot surgery !@#$ing sucks, man. All the puss and shit settles down there, it just takes forever to heal.

And the problem with the Jones vs. anywhere else is blood flow - those little bones on the outside of the foot evidently just don't get much blood flow, so despite being relatively benign bones (I'm not even sure they're truly considered 'weight bearing'), they're just a bitch and a half to heal.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:17 PM 08-16-2019
Dino Boyd's birthmark is terrifying

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:18 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
James had a pretty significant injury in college as well.
I used to say it about LeBron James but he proved me dead-ass wrong - some of these big bodied gazelles just break down because tendons are what they are, so are bones.

I think that's why Dwight Howard broke.

Derwin James is a big dude; a lot more mass on that frame than most guys that can move like him. So you wonder if that doesn't contribute to stuff like his torn meniscus and his foot fracture.

Probably just bullshit from a guy with no medical training at all, but it makes sense to me.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:19 PM 08-16-2019
I used to say it about LeBron James but he proved me dead-ass wrong - some of these big bodied gazelles just break down because tendons are what they are, so are bones.

Derwin James is a big dude; a lot more mass on that frame than most guys that can move like him. So you wonder if that doesn't contribute to stuff like his torn meniscus and his foot fracture.

Probably just bullshit from a guy with no medical training at all, but it makes sense to me.
I can see that as a possibility.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:21 PM 08-16-2019
That’s a worse shit stain than Drew Brees has.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:25 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I can see that as a possibility.
Just seems that human bodies are self-correcting.

Most dudes with a lot of mass can't move very fast so there's not a lot of force on their joints/bones. Most dudes that CAN move very fast don't have a lot of mass so again, not a lot of force.

From a strictly 'natural' perspective, your body kinda regulates itself in that way.

But when you're able to jump out of the gym, run like a track star and carry a much slower man's mass on your frame...well the body just hasn't evolved to deal with you yet.
[Reply]
-King- 02:27 PM 08-16-2019

A lot of these guys aren't spending 1.5mil a year on their body either like LeBron does. But that's probably only 10% of the reason he's been so healthy for so long, the other 90% being just great genetics and luck
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 08-16-2019
You guys leave the medical stuff to us doctors
[Reply]
oldman 03:06 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think they will actually considering how much they like to rotate and with several of those ends being able to play DT.
I agree with you, Mecca. I think you'll see Kpass and Speaks move inside and out this year. I see 9 DL, 6 LBs, and 10 DBs. I don't know if the DBs will be 6CBs and 4 S or 5 and 5.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 08-16-2019
You guys leave the medical stuff to us doctors
Tell me where an Osteopathic college is and give me, what, 8 weeks? They pretty much have a correspondence course for those that I can take online on nights and weekends now, right?

Besides, whatchya think the 'D' on that J.D. stands for? If you can claim it, so can I...
[Reply]
Page 247 of 270
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Up