ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 386
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297347 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:57 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I thought that Theon's frontal attack on the Night King was ... ballsy.

FAX

[Reply]
FAX 09:03 PM 04-29-2019
Like many people, I became interested in this show and picked up the books. Then I became intrigued by the complexity. Then addicted.

Now, after a 7 season investment in these characters, the world they inhabit, and the various, interconnecting plot lines, my expectations grew in a way proportionate to the quality of the writing ... which has been awfully damn good.

But this season has been, for me, a disappointment. It's subjective, of course, but I've noticed a noticeable decline in story-telling since the source material dried up.

8/3 was a shoot in the dark that turned this epic saga (from the medieval soap opera I saw in 8/2) into a medieval night of the living dead. Once fascinating character arcs are now flopping about like decapitated limbs.

Remarkably (and based on internet feedback), millions of people are apparently rationalizing and justifying (not that I blame them) instead of "enjoying". That's sad and I fear that a "Lost" ending coming our way. Hope I'm wrong.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:09 PM 04-29-2019
Like many people, I became interested in this show and picked up the books. Then I became intrigued by the complexity. Then addicted.

Now, after a 7 season investment in these characters, the world they inhabit, and the various, interconnecting plot lines, my expectations grew in a way proportionate to the quality of the writing ... which has been awfully damn good.

But this season has been, for me, a disappointment. It's subjective, of course, but I've noticed a noticeable decline in story-telling since the source material dried up.

8/3 was a shoot in the dark that turned this epic saga (from the medieval soap opera I saw in 8/2) into a medieval night of the living dead. Once fascinating character arcs are now flopping about like decapitated limbs.

Remarkably (and based on internet feedback), millions of people are apparently rationalizing and justifying (not that I blame them) instead of "enjoying". That's sad and I fear that a "Lost" ending coming our way. Hope I'm wrong.

FAX
If there's any solace in all this, it's that GRRM and the creators have said they've done everything they can to avoid a "LOST" ending and want the direct type of ending that Breaking Bad gave its fans.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:13 PM 04-29-2019
What was it that happened at the Three Eyed Raven's cave? Weren't there skeletons throwing weird exploding things? This episode kind of felt like that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:18 PM 04-29-2019
I thought that Theon's frontal attack on the Night King was ... ballsy.

FAX
I liked it.

Theon finally atoned. He did well.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:20 PM 04-29-2019
Two questions:
How is Sam not dead?
Why is Sam not dead?

Bonus question:
How can we make it so Sam gets dead?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:23 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Two questions:
How is Sam not dead?
Why is Sam not dead?

Bonus question:
How can we make it so Sam gets dead?
There is a chance Dany will see to that. She has a talent for burning Tarly's fresh from a battle.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:25 PM 04-29-2019
Here's what i think:

I think this show was a lot more fucking enjoyable before reading you fucks.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:32 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
There is a chance Dany will see to that. She has a talent for burning Tarly's fresh from a battle.
I appreciate this positive outlook.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:32 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Here's what i think:

I think this show was a lot more ****ing enjoyable before reading you ****s.
U new here brah?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s called Game of Thrones. Not Game of Zombies.
Originally Posted by Iconic:
A Song of Ice and Fire
It's like people (and the directors) have forgotten that Game of Thrones was just the first book. The series is called Ice and Fire for a reason. The white walkers were supposed to be the "big bad."
[Reply]
DaFace 09:38 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Here's what i think:

I think this show was a lot more fucking enjoyable before reading you fucks.
Don't be mad at us that the writers suck ass.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:44 PM 04-29-2019
I actually did not realize that the wights attacking everyone in the crypts were the old Starks, I thought they had broken in from outside. I couldn't see anything happening on the screen well enough to know any differently.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:49 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's like people (and the directors) have forgotten that Game of Thrones was just the first book. The series is called Ice and Fire for a reason. The white walkers were supposed to be the "big bad."
This show has never been truly about the damn throne or the Lannisters...

It was always about families and houses squabbling over a throne that quite frankly doesn't matter while the real huge threat was brewing in the north and kept creeping closer and closer.

The hubris of all of Westeros should ultimately have been there downfall but nahhhhh we need social media reactions and MEMES.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:51 PM 04-29-2019
Hodor: Holds the Door.

Beric: The Beric-ade.

Yeh
[Reply]
Page 247 of 386
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297347 > Last »
Up