ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 293
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 03-25-2018
Is this KCConnection?

KU can’t win the big 12. KU can’t win the big 12 tournament without Doke. KU might lose to Penn, KU isn’t good enough to beat Duke. Please keep doubting. #kubball

— Logan Jones (@ljones033) March 26, 2018

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:09 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Other good news is that PB won’t call this season a failure and call for Self’s firing no matter what happens now. Guaranteeed our T3 position rather than T5.
There it is!

Did I call that or what???
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:15 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Is this KCConnection?

I still can't believe a team i saw lose two home games in person is in a final four.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:16 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Give Duke fans credit. There are pure class over here:

https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threa...o-ku.10856270/

No whining or bitching in any of the other threads, either.
Damn that’s some classy fans. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:22 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Damn that’s some classy fans. :-)
Don't read their game thread.

Self has coached 16 games vs Dook, UNC and Kentucky. What's his record?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:28 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Yes, plus no Silvio, no FF this year. He has played great since coming along late in the season.
No doubt. Silvio has been great. Man, the dude has really had to learn and progress a lot since he arrived in late December. Love Mitch but DeSousa is much better as our big guy.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:29 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
Are you guys serious? He's obviously been reverse-jinxing this entire time. My God.
Actually, I have been wondering about that. But is that giving him too much credit?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:32 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Give Duke fans credit. There are pure class over here:

https://duke.forums.rivals.com/threa...o-ku.10856270/

No whining or bitching in any of the other threads, either.
Damn it! Why are you showing us this? How am I supposed to hate Duke when they have classy fans like this? :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:36 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Actually, I have been wondering about that. But is that giving him too much credit?
He's even more of a dumbass if it's "mojo" and "jinxing"... is he twelve?

At least kenpom is statistic based, even if it's used to be a chicken little (and if those percentages have been real all tournament, something's obviously wrong).
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:38 PM 03-25-2018
Im on my phone so I can’t post the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/duke-ge...005752533.html
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:39 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Svi 3 with 20 sec left was YUUUUUUUGE!!!

So clutch. You simply can't leave that man open.

Who's the better 3pt shooter?

Billy Thomas
Ty Reed
Jeff Boschee
Kirk Hinrich
Devonte Graham
Brennan Greene
Svi Muiktoiryuoityluk
I would drop Reed and Greene. You need to add Frank Mason, Mario Chalmers, and Ryan Robertson. You may even need to add Newman before long.

Give me Boschee all day though.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:41 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Im on my phone so I can’t post the article.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/duke-ge...005752533.html
Anyone who blames the refs is an idiot. Duke had 4 team fouls in the entire second half and the first few minutes of OT.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:43 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
He's even more of a dumbass if it's "mojo" and "jinxing"... is he twelve?

At least kenpom is statistic based, even if it's used to be a chicken little (and if those percentages have been real all tournament, something's obviously wrong).
Oh, I agree. The people who are worried about stuff like who starts the game thread and/or all of that superstition that goes with it are nuts. Nothing we do has any effect whatsoever on the game.

And yeah, Kenpom is good for stats and to get an idea of how teams matchup. But, like any stats based algorithm, it has flaws. Not to mention that sometimes teams play better than what the stats would suggest. And stats don't always tell the whole story. For instance, I wondered how Duke's young players would perform in this kind of pressure packed game vs the older and much more experienced Jayhawks. The results were mixed.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:44 PM 03-25-2018
Anyone headed to San Antonio?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:49 PM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Oh, I agree. The people who are worried about stuff like who starts the game thread and/or all of that superstition that goes with it are nuts. Nothing we do has any effect whatsoever on the game.

And yeah, Kenpom is good for stats and to get an idea of how teams matchup. But, like any stats based algorithm, it has flaws. Not to mention that sometimes teams play better than what the stats would suggest. And stats don't always tell the whole story. For instance, I wondered how Duke's young players would perform in this kind of pressure packed game vs the older and much more experienced Jayhawks. The results were mixed.
I'd be especially surprised if the 36% is right, as far as KU's chance to beat Duke... it was quite obvious going into the tournament there were no juggernauts, and losing almost 2 out of every 3 is pretty far out there for a 1 vs 2.

I didn't watch Duke a lot this year, but happened to catch them during a couple losses where they didn't look great, so I basically gave everyone the benefit of the doubt, cracked open a beer, and had low expectations. Once it was really obvious it would be a tossup and it got down to the wire though, I was quite a bit more pumped than usual.... don't think I sat down for the last ~10 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
Page 247 of 293
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Up