ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 288
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:52 AM 09-12-2022
Mahomes is the greatest off-platform thrower the NFL has ever seen.

Combine that with his rocket arm, intelligence, high-level awareness and good athleticism and he's a freak QB.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:56 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Mahomes is the greatest off-platform thrower the NFL has ever seen.

Combine that with his rocket arm, intelligence, high-level awareness and good athleticism and he's a freak QB.
It's amazing. The guy missed several throws that could've been big plays and/or TDs. Yet he still had 363 yards and 5 TDs and could've had more had we needed it.

I'm still waiting for the 8 TD record setting game. It'll have to be one of those 56-42 types of games.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
#infielderstuff

It's spontaneous but it isn't, if that makes any sense. I very much doubt he practices that anymore, but it didn't come naturally to him either. Playing infield for as long as he did, he's done that thousands of times on plays ranging to his left. He might do it a bit going to his right on the infield, but if you're going right, you probably need a little more ass into your throw and that doesn't quite work in baseball because you're moving away from the 1b bag (You'll raise that foot, plant and hop to re-set).

It's how you keep your base when you don't have time to re-set and you don't want to lose your momentum. If he raises that foot, he's throwing on one leg and that's not good. If he doesn't move that foot, he has to shut down his momentum. By just toe dragging it, he's able to continue his momentum and keep a decent base. I suspect it also creates a pivot point that helps you turn your shoulders.

I notice myself doing it during infield warmups on occasion. And perhaps not coincidentally, it's usually when I'm just looking to get a quick sidearm release.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's taught. I don't recall ever being taught to do it. But if you find yourself in that position often enough, your body just kinda does it for you. I think it's all about staying square and keeping your base.

Fellas - if you want your kids playing QB someday, have 'em playing infield. I see the 'modern' QB doing things that I picked up in little league damn near every week.
YES!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO POST THAT GETS RESULTS!

[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 09-12-2022
Watch a great short stop make a play to his left and gather to throw the guy out at first.

It's the same footwork.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:54 AM 09-12-2022
#infielderstuff

It's spontaneous but it isn't, if that makes any sense. I very much doubt he practices that anymore, but it didn't come naturally to him either. Playing infield for as long as he did, he's done that thousands of times on plays ranging to his left. He might do it a bit going to his right on the infield, but if you're going right, you probably need a little more ass into your throw and that doesn't quite work in baseball because you're moving away from the 1b bag (You'll raise that foot, plant and hop to re-set).

It's how you keep your base when you don't have time to re-set and you don't want to lose your momentum. If he raises that foot, he's throwing on one leg and that's not good. If he doesn't move that foot, he has to shut down his momentum. By just toe dragging it, he's able to continue his momentum and keep a decent base. I suspect it also creates a pivot point that helps you turn your shoulders.

I notice myself doing it during infield warmups on occasion. And perhaps not coincidentally, it's usually when I'm just looking to get a quick sidearm release.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's taught. I don't recall ever being taught to do it. But if you find yourself in that position often enough, your body just kinda does it for you. I think it's all about staying square and keeping your base.

Fellas - if you want your kids playing QB someday, have 'em playing infield. I see the 'modern' QB doing things that I picked up in little league damn near every week.
We were talking about that at the watch party I was at. More casual fans asking how he can do that/why no else does. I talked about it being a baseball trait and something that most people who have played shortstop or second base at a high enough level to practice turning double plays have picked up in some form.

I told them to watch a MLB shortstop turning double plays and compare it to Pat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
We were talking about that at the watch party I was at. More casual fans asking how he can do that/why no else does. I talked about it being a baseball trait and something that most people who have played shortstop or second base at a high enough level to practice turning double plays have picked up in some form.

I told them to watch a MLB shortstop turning double plays and compare it to Pat.
You could be a pretty hardcore football fan and not understand what you're seeing. Because it's just not a movement that any football player will ever be taught. And by the time someone gets to college, either they can do that or they can't. You'll never be able to teach that sort of stuff on the fly, IMO.

But to pretty hardcore baseball fans, it stands out as obviously as a quality punch or something for guys who played OL in high school. You can't miss it, especially if you spent time on the middle infield.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:21 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I remember one was an obvious offsides and Mahomes just threw it up for grabs.... he does this pretty often when he knows he's getting the ball back.

I forgot about the other "almost pick"
The other one was deep in Cardinals territory. He just threw a lob to the corner of the end zone and luckily the AZ guy dropped it. Chiefs ended up with a TD on that drive, but the near-INT was a very poor decision & throw.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The other one was deep in Cardinals territory. He just threw a lob to the corner of the end zone and luckily the AZ guy dropped it. Chiefs ended up with a TD on that drive, but the near-INT was a very poor decision & throw.
The play to Noah Gray. And he didn't so much drop it as Gray made a really nice defensive play to knock it out of there.

Really the only pure mistake we saw from Mahomes the whole game. Not sure what he thought he saw there but who am I to question him?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:32 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you rang, m'lud?

The All-22 angle someone had just shows how fucking unreal this throw really was. I mean....if that thing is off by inches it's deflected or worse. Crazy throw. Eeesh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The All-22 angle someone had just shows how fucking unreal this throw really was. I mean....if that thing is off by inches it's deflected or worse. Crazy throw. Eeesh.
And he put in a spot where Kelce could catch the ball and still protect himself.

Again - that throw is impossible. I'm not sure we can trust that it actually happened unless we were there in person. It has to be a deep fake.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 AM 09-12-2022
The play to Noah Gray. And he didn't so much drop it as Gray made a really nice defensive play to knock it out of there.

Really the only pure mistake we saw from Mahomes the whole game. Not sure what he thought he saw there but who am I to question him?
It’s one of those deals where he might have 10 pretty crazy/bizarre throws in the game and one of them happens to end up with the defense instead of the KC guy. From that standpoint, I still believe we won’t see the true prime of Mahomes until he gets to age 30 and beyond. That’s a scary deal for DC’s and other teams around the league.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:02 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Do you know what play I'm talking about? The one where the ball seems to curve/slide late. It was Pat's rookie year, preseason, against the Bengals. I'm sure you have a gif of it, as it was magical.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:09 PM 09-13-2022
fuuuu

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 09-13-2022
that fat italian at RG is doing a great job
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:18 PM 09-13-2022
OBJ in that first GIF just gets toasted. Hell the whole OL and RB get toasted.

I was going to say the same about the 3rd but he actually blocked 2 guys on that play.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 288
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254 > Last »
Up