ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 270
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Kman34 07:23 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
When we had alex or whoever at qb, the trick plays with someone else throwing the ball were cool

Now if someone is throwing the ball for the chiefs, it needs to be the mvp qb
I can totally see a play.. only to be brought out in the AFC Championship game or SB ,that is a throw back to Mahomes for a TD.. that shit would work.. Brady has done it before..
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:36 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you want Carlos Hyde cut in my view that really comes down to Darrell Williams, if they like him and think he can do the job then really no need for Hyde.

Exactly
[Reply]
Mecca 07:39 AM 08-16-2019
I think in reality the Ogbah stuff is funnier because they say he isn't making it but then talk about how awesome Joey Ivie is for 5 minutes.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:53 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think in reality the Ogbah stuff is funnier because they say he isn't making it but then talk about how awesome Joey Ivie is for 5 minutes.
i dont get the ivie love, and dont hate ryan and chris either. sometimes i think stuff like this is from getting in a bad rythm of talking about nothing all offseason. Ogbah does seem to be losing ground to speaks and tanoh though.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 08:10 AM 08-16-2019
Sherman provides plenty of veteran leadership for the RB room. Darrel Williams has been getting time with the ones so I don't think Andy is as down on him as some here are. I think Andy's RBs snap count will be #1 Damien William, #2 DTrain, and #3 Darrel Williams with a RB prospect on the practice squad for extra depth. Hyde and Smith are expendable, imo.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:21 AM 08-16-2019
I just don't see Murray as a leader. The small sample size of interviews I've seen from him, I look it like "if I were an NFL player on his team.....would I listen to this guy"?

we'll see.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:29 AM 08-16-2019
side note i saw eric murray looking like a dumpster fire somewhere on a browns post a friend shared, cut or not i think we won that trade.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s pretty telling that Hyde wasn’t a part of the goal line situations a few days ago and Darwin was.

I think we’re going full Texas Tech Air Reid gents. There’s going to be speed literally everywhere on the field.

I don’t think they are taking time to move a 4.3 guy to RB to just fuck around and cut him.
Here's the problem with the 'we don't need a power back' approach:

It's not going to be wrong 80% of the time. And if you're extremely lucky it may not be wrong at all for a season. But let's not forget where this team plays, lads.

This ain't Lubbock - the Air Raid is gonna have some moments in November when the field is soft and the air is cold where it's just not the way to go in short yardage. When you're trying to spread a team out inside the 5 and Thompson goes to plant that foot to turn upfield and the turf fails, what's your answer?

No, when it's 72 degrees and sunny, there's no real need for Carlos Hyde. But fellas, in all likelihood we're not playing in any domes in the playoffs. We're probably not playing down south in the playoffs. We're going to have probably 4-6 critical games played in less than stellar conditions and in those conditions, in a short yardage situation, you just want to be able to push the other guys out of the way.

May turn out we don't need him, but I'd rather have him and not need him than need him and not have him. Especially when the cost is Tremon !@#$ing Smith, who's demonstrated no ability to play CB, no ability to play RB and who's only strength is the area of the game that the NFL is desperately trying to phase out.

If Darrell Williams can take his job and save us some money - okay, I can live with that. But I'm not comfortable with a stable of RBs who top out at 210 lbs. Imma need a 225-235 lb dude on this roster who I can trust to give the ball if the field has turned to shit and I just need someone to slam into a pile.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:18 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I just don't see Murray as a leader. The small sample size of interviews I've seen from him, I look it like "if I were an NFL player on his team.....would I listen to this guy"?

we'll see.
Here's hiw post-game interview: “Obviously, from the outside looking in, it looks a little disappointing,” Murray told ESPN’s Lisa Salters during the game. “At the same time, we know what’s important and that this is only preseason. Really vanilla right now. We’re not doing everything. Yeah, it is what it is.”

He's kinda brushing aside his bad performance and using "vanilla" as an excuse.

I want my QB to say he didn't play well but he will continue working hard and hopefully play better the next game.

I am not sure Murray has the mental to become a great QB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Had this exact thought last night.

Smith’s versatility wins the job.
Being bad at a lot of things doesn't make you versatile.

Dude can't play CB and he can't play HB. He can't really do anything apart from return kicks (because he doesn't do much else on STs either).

He's very probably one of the least versatile players on this entire roster.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’ll tell you who’s definitely NOT good at pass pro. Or anything else related to playing the RB position.

Tremon Smith.
He's not good at coverge or anything else related to playing the CB position either.

So....he's versatile.
[Reply]
-King- 09:21 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It's not going to be wrong 80% of the time. And if you're extremely lucky it may not be wrong at all for a season. But let's not forget where this team plays, lads.

This ain't Lubbock - the Air Raid is gonna have some moments in November when the field is soft and the air is cold where it's just not the way to go in short yardage. When you're trying to spread a team out inside the 5 and Thompson goes to plant that foot to turn upfield and the turf fails, what's your answer?

No, when it's 72 degrees and sunny, there's no real need for Carlos Hyde. But fellas, in all likelihood we're not playing in any domes in the playoffs. We're probably not playing down south in the playoffs. We're going to have probably 4-6 critical games played in less than stellar conditions and in those conditions, in a short yardage situation, you just want to be able to push the other guys out of the way.

May turn out we don't need him, but I'd rather have him and not need him than need him and not have him. Especially when the cost is Tremon !@#$ing Smith, who's demonstrated no ability to play CB, no ability to play RB and who's only strength is the area of the game that the NFL is desperately trying to phase out.

If Darrell Williams can take his job and save us some money - okay, I can live with that. But I'm not comfortable with a stable of RBs who top out at 210 lbs. Imma need a 225-235 lb dude on this roster who I can trust to give the ball if the field has turned to shit and I just need someone to slam into a pile.
Then fuck it, give the ball to Sherman.

Fwiw, I'm not in favor of keeping Tremon smith if the only thing he can do well is return kicks.

I just don't see any way Hyde accepts being the #3 back who only sees short yardage action when he can go be a #2 or better back on a lot of other teams.
[Reply]
-King- 09:24 AM 08-16-2019
Being bad at a lot of things doesn't make you versatile.

Dude can't play CB and he can't play HB. He can't really do anything apart from return kicks (because he doesn't do much else on STs either).

He's very probably one of the least versatile players on this entire roster.
This. They moved him because he wasn't good, not because he was versatile.

I really hope Hardman or one of the other WRs can figure out how to catch punts because it will make this whole discussion moot and we won't have to waste a roster spot on a guy who can only return kicks.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Then fuck it, give the ball to Sherman.

Fwiw, I'm not in favor of keeping Tremon smith if the only thing he can do well is return kicks.

I just don't see any way Hyde accepts being the #3 back who only sees short yardage action when he can go be a #2 or better back on a lot of other teams.
I agree with the rest of your post, but Hyde is no longer a starting RB in the NFL. He’s a backup at best. There are no teams that he’d start for.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 08-16-2019

That’s true, but Hyde is not good. He’s an old school bruiser that has not performed to the level of other backs in other places he’s been.

I think Darrel Williams will win that job. I also think we have other enforcers with the ability to handle short yardage situations.

Sherman obviously is an option, but Blake Bell is really good at short yardage as well. That’s basically what he did in college.
[Reply]
Page 243 of 270
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253 > Last »
Up