ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 242 of 3903
« First < 142192232238239240241242 2432442452462522923427421242 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 11:33 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Not to mention that your appendix is part of your colon.
As an ultrasound tech I scan for appendix daily and I often see inflamed adjacent colon/ bowel and don’t see the appendix itself, appendicitis unfortunately doesn’t always have a text book presentation.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:39 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
As an ultrasound tech I scan for appendix daily and I often see inflamed adjacent colon/ bowel and don’t see the appendix itself, appendicitis unfortunately doesn’t always have a text book presentation.
I'm not disagreeing, but a nonvisualized appendix usually requires CT.
A 2 month smoldering appendicitis seems unlikely. It's hard to say much more without more details.

In a small ED, I have my doubts they would ultrasound a female with acute abdominal pain. As you are aware, you need well trained techs that are very comfortable with doing the imaging. Not to mention this was 10 years ago. I'm not sure how prevalent ultrasound was for acute abdominal pain at that point.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:40 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I get that if you are thorough and meticulous with most soaps, you're going to be effective, but the point is 'soap' isn't 'soap.'

Tackle a pan with baked grease with Dawn, and try the same thing with dollar store dish soap. There are differences in the concentration and strength of emulsifiers. Or if you want a stark comparison, check something like SuperClean degreaser.

And I'm not comparing handwashing with soap with disinfecting with Purell and leaving it on your hands. I'm talking about if there are any actual comparative studies of the relative efficacy of various strengths and concentrations of emulsifiers in the various soaps.
Studies of workers in Bangladesh using just soapy water or bar soap and water showed that rinsing with just soapy water alone, which is more dilute, reduced cfu at the same rate of bar soap and water.

https://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4125272/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:46 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They haven't. They outsource all the ER doctors and my dad was having a stroke then a seizure and the ER doctor just stared at him and did nothing until I started yelling at him to do something. I should have sued their ass
sorry to hear about the family and how they were treated.

I’ve told everyone for years that if you have trauma or or a life thrusting situation, have a plan or tell them to get you to Truman Medical center.

No one has more experience with trauma. Everyone in there knows what to do, where to be, when to be at the body, when to wait for the other person to finish their part. It’s like a choreographed ballet. They can figure out the main issues and address them faster than anyone.

Once your stabilized, you can transfer to another hospital.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:49 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So wouldn’t one of these for each person solve everything? You can’t touch your face. You can’t breathe the air. You can’t cough or sneeze on others.

I'd rather roll with one of these:
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm good so far. I've been wearing one of those bird masks that doctors wore during the plague. It seems to be working, but mostly because people on the street stay more than six feet away from me when I wear it.

[Reply]
Monticore 11:49 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I'm not disagreeing, but a nonvisualized appendix usually requires CT.
A 2 month smoldering appendicitis seems unlikely. It's hard to say much more without more details.

In a small ED, I have my doubts they would ultrasound a female with acute abdominal pain. As you are aware, you need well trained techs that are very comfortable with doing the imaging. Not to mention this was 10 years ago.
Ya i agree if I see that I assume it’s an appendicitis and they normally go for a CT, an early uncomplicated appendicitis won’t always be treated surgically either. Without knowing all the info , what was said to the patient it is hard know what was the issue, patients and families under those circumstances don’t always understand the medical info being tossed at them very well.
[Reply]
Fish 11:50 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So wouldn’t one of these for each person solve everything? You can’t touch your face. You can’t breathe the air. You can’t cough or sneeze on others.

Yeah, that oughta sort it out pretty quickly...
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:50 AM 03-14-2020
Also, are there 300 million of those readily available?
[Reply]
Donger 11:53 AM 03-14-2020
2488 cases now? What was it yesterday?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is what I'm afraid of in the US. Numbers are certainly going to rise as we do more testing. Are people going to flip their shit when they see the number of positive cases go up?
Yes. And they will go see social distancing isnt working. Derp derp.

This is going to get worse before it gets better just because we will know more infections. Maintain the course. At this point IMO, not enough has even been shut down but we need to do this to help hospitals keep up with the potential amts of sick ppl they will get. We only have so many beds, ventilators etc.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:56 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
This is what I'm afraid of in the US. Numbers are certainly going to rise as we do more testing. Are people going to flip their shit when they see the number of positive cases go up?
They’ll simply demand more toilet paper because Americans are stupid ****ing idiots.
[Reply]
Donger 11:56 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes. And they will go see social distancing isnt working. Derp derp.

This is going to get worse before it gets better just because we will know more infections. Maintain the course. At this point IMO, not enough has even been shut down but we need to do this to help hospitals keep up with the potential amts of sick ppl they will get. We only have so many beds, ventilators etc.
Are you saying you don't think that social distancing doesn't work at all?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:03 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Also, are there 300 million of those readily available?

Perhaps one per household. That’s more reasonable. At least then in times like now you could have more confidence in normal activities without worry of catching it. But yes this would be preparation for a potential next one.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:04 PM 03-14-2020
Curious about the availability of the bird masks. Maybe Rain Man will pop in with the answer.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:09 PM 03-14-2020
Now people are hoarding dog and cat food. I guess that's better than shitter paper.
[Reply]
Page 242 of 3903
« First < 142192232238239240241242 2432442452462522923427421242 > Last »
Up