Page 240 of 298
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Who says they are happy with the current roster?
Did I say they were?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:13 AM 12-27-2018
I would be all for a complete gut of this defense and the coaching staff. Yeah, you'd have to replace a bunch of starters...but it's not like the starters are doing much right now anyways. Clear the coaching staff and switch to the 4-3.

Houston? Pay cut or leave.
Berry? Pay cut or leave.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 12-27-2018
The players will turn over organically. They'll get rid of some guys and bring in new ones.

But with the lack of effort all around, it's just time for a new voice.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:18 AM 12-27-2018
I don't care if you think Bob Sutton is the greatest DC to ever exist he has to go he's lost the defense and this will not end well.
[Reply]
jcarp 10:19 AM 12-27-2018
Defense is so embarrassing, I don't think the NFL wants such a defense to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. This is really a bad situation.

Chicago is my bet to win it all based on their latest DEFENSE - it's so impressive!
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by jcarp:
Defense is so embarrassing, I don't think the NFL wants such a defense to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. This is really a bad situation.

Chicago is my bet to win it all based on their latest DEFENSE - it's so impressive!
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:10 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I would be all for a complete gut of this defense and the coaching staff. Yeah, you'd have to replace a bunch of starters...but it's not like the starters are doing much right now anyways. Clear the coaching staff and switch to the 4-3.

Houston? Pay cut or leave.
Berry? Pay cut or leave.
Given that they're dead last, and expected to be our downfall in the playoffs, perhaps this could be the message to them this week. I think many of them, including Berry, know that being picked up by another team isn't realistic, so they either play their hearts out and defy the critics, or this is more than likely their last time playing in the NFL. A 17-14 loss would NOT enact this defensive apocalypse, but a 54-51 loss would.

It's up to them if they want to sacrifice what's needed to win, but to not simply has them seeking a new NFL job, or puts them in the traditional job market.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Given that they're dead last, and expected to be our downfall in the playoffs, perhaps this could be the message to them this week. I think many of them, including Berry, know that being picked up by another team isn't realistic, so they either play their hearts out and defy the critics, or this is more than likely their last time playing in the NFL. A 17-14 loss would NOT enact this defensive apocalypse, but a 54-51 loss would.

It's up to them if they want to sacrifice what's needed to win, but to not simply has them seeking a new NFL job, or puts them in the traditional job market.
Not one of them is thinking about any of this. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:20 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not one of them is thinking about any of this. :-)
Oh I don't know, I'm sure some of them are worried about their jobs simply because they're pretty-much the worst D in the league. You might be right, then again if none of them is thinking about this, it's a good reason we're working on year 49...
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Oh I don't know, I'm sure some of them are worried about their jobs simply because they're pretty-much the worst D in the league. You might be right, then again if none of them is thinking about this, it's a good reason we're working on year 49...
They’re all thinking “we have Mahomes and if we get even marginally better, we’ve got a shot at a ring”. They’re A LOT smarter than the majority of the gas bags here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:22 AM 12-27-2018
If we cut Berry....he'd be signed instantly. Same with Houston.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:33 AM 12-27-2018
Houston doesn’t know the scheme he’s been playing in for 5 years? :-)
Houstons problem has been inconsistent effort. And that is really unusual to him. Might be a sign of frustration.

Hitchens is a veteran who clearly doesn't know gap responsibility.

Scandrick and Fuller are veteran enough to know where they should be.

Veterans look totally lost out there. Our consistent warriors look defeated. It's not like we're too slow or too small to make plays... Our biggest problem is our players don't know where to go and they aren't putting in effort. That is primarily coaching.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:40 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
If we cut Berry....he'd be signed instantly. Same with Houston.
Who cares?
Well past their prime. Expensive heirlooms.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:59 AM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Who cares?
Well past their prime. Expensive heirlooms.
Houston maybe not with a new D coordinator, possibly same with Berry but i think his time is about up.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:30 PM 12-27-2018
They’re all thinking “we have Mahomes and if we get even marginally better, we’ve got a shot at a ring”. They’re A LOT smarter than the majority of the gas bags here.
At best I'd say they're banking on it as their last chance for a ring.
[Reply]
Page 240 of 298
« First < 140190230236237238239240 241242243244250290 > Last »
Up