ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 41
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
493rd 02:58 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Feels like all signs point to a trade down. The cost to trade up for a LT will likely be too much, and i can't imagine they'd trade up for a WR.

And the WR's that will be available at 32 likely won't be all that different from the next grouping of WR's that are expected to go in the 2nd.

This draft has "trade down" written all over it.
Trade up for Bowers and run two TE sets with Brown and Rice on the outside. I know, not very realistic because we’d likely have to get to 15 or under. But one can dream!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:59 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it was Duncan that pointed out that Morgan measures almost identically to Slater. With that in mind, I'm not sure how anyone could still be down on him. He's incredibly athletic and a very very smart player. I think he would be a turnkey option at LT. Maybe not a premier player in his first year or two, but better than Morris and likely better than what we got on balance last season.

His floor is just so high.
Morgan's short arms is troublingly perfect for a OG , but everyone isn't an exception to the rule like Slater
[Reply]
O.city 03:01 PM 04-23-2024
He's got the athleticism to make up for the short arms.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Morgan's short arms is troublingly perfect for a OG , but everyone isn't an exception to the rule like Slater
Well Trey Smith is as good as gone next season so if that's 'all' he ever becomes, it's still a damn fine fallback.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:06 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's got the athleticism to make up for the short arms.
Sam Cosmi did too, but didn't work out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Sam Cosmi did too, but didn't work out.
I don't think Cosmi was as smooth as Morgan; Morgan's awfully polished.

But let's also not forget that Cosmi was a pretty solid OT for a couple years in Washington before they moved him inside. Frankly, I don't think it was necessary to do so. He's overqualified for the position (which is why he kinda kicked ass at it last season).

And again, with Smith likely pricing himself out of here, "What if he's Sam Cosmi" is by no means a reason to pass on him...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:15 PM 04-23-2024
Trading down sounds completely ridiculous to me, especially considering the incredibly high probability a plug and play LT slides into the teens. I'd much rather overpay to go up for a player like that than move back for a pittance if we're destined to get fucked either way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Trading down sounds completely ridiculous to me, especially considering the incredibly high probability a plug and play LT slides into the teens. I'd much rather overpay to go up for a player like that than move back for a pittance if we're destined to get fucked either way.
If I could give up next year's 2nd rounder (knowing I have TN's 3rd) to get up to Fautanu, I'm absolutely happy to do that.

After him, I don't see the high probability of another plug and play LT; at least no more with someone like Mims or Guyton than Morgan or Kingsley.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:25 PM 04-23-2024
If KC is really "all in" for a three-peat, trading down seems counterintuitive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:33 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
If KC is really "all in" for a three-peat, trading down seems counterintuitive.
Seriously. Let's give up our 5th year option (presumably on a WR or LT, positions that are constantly ballooning in salary year over year) AND slide further down the board for day 3 chaffe. Makes no sense.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:21 PM 04-23-2024
Take it for what it’s worth but Nate just said a bit ago that Veach has made it known to virtually every other team that he wants to move up and is “willing to go as high as you’ll let me” when referencing other teams…
[Reply]
O.city 04:47 PM 04-23-2024
Nate who?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:05 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nate who?
Taylor I'm sure.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:05 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Take it for what it’s worth but Nate just said a bit ago that Veach has made it known to virtually every other team that he wants to move up and is “willing to go as high as you’ll let me” when referencing other teams…
Where'd he say this?
[Reply]
New World Order 05:14 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Hmmmm

Hmmm

Hmm

Hm

H
[Reply]
Page 24 of 41
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up