ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 33
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
penguinz 02:16 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol.. what a weird ass post.

Are you not familiar with the salary cap?
Again, why would you, me, or the neighbors gimp care how much the team spends on players?

Is it your money?

I wouldn't care if they gave Robinson 80% of the cap as long as Veach still puts together a winning roster. He, Andy, and Clark are the only ones who should care about how much they pay players.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:26 PM 02-02-2021
I would rather sign Chris Conley back. Knows the system, is 28 and only got a 2 years $4.5 million contract in Jacksonville.

Did I mention he’d actually play more than 5 games a year?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:30 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would rather sign Chris Conley back. Knows the system, is 28 and only got a 2 years $4.5 million contract in Jacksonville.

We're usually on the same page, but not here

He is not a suitable Sammy replacement IMO, too much of a one dimensional player... not dynamic at all
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:44 PM 02-02-2021

The dudes route running is meh. No thanks.
[Reply]
-King- 03:05 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Again, why would you, me, or the neighbors gimp care how much the team spends on players?

Is it your money?

I wouldn't care if they gave Robinson 80% of the cap as long as Veach still puts together a winning roster. He, Andy, and Clark are the only ones who should care about how much they pay players.
Well how much he gets paid affects how others can get paid and what moves we can make regarding re-signing players and attracting free agents. Soooo...yeah that's why fans care about how much he makes. It's a pretty simple concept really.
[Reply]
Sofa King 03:22 PM 02-02-2021

The biggest highlight from him was when his Achilles exploded on that onside kick.

[Reply]
penguinz 03:22 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Well how much he gets paid affects how others can get paid and what moves we can make regarding re-signing players and attracting free agents. Soooo...yeah that's why fans care about how much he makes. It's a pretty simple concept really.
See that is your problem there. it is not we. We have no control over anything.

The only people that matter are Clark, Brett, and Andy. If they feel they can pay a player X amount of dollars and still be in position to win then that is all that matters.

WTF do you care how much someone spends when it is not your money?
[Reply]
lcarus 03:41 PM 02-02-2021
I'd love the Chiefs to get someone like Kenny Golladay or Allen Robinson. Both will be out of our price range though.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:42 PM 02-02-2021
Sammy had a very incentive laden contract this year: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...watkins-14413/

Per Game Active Bonus: $62,500 ($1M, 14 LTBE)
No Trade Clause
Incentives
71% snaps or 6 TDs: $500,000
75% snaps or 7 TDs: $500,000
8 TDS + Playoffs: $750,000
65 REC + Playoffs: $750,000
800 REC Yards + Playoffs: $750,000
AFC Championship Win (50% snaps): $1.25M
65 REC + AFC Championship Win: $1.25M
800 REC Yards + AFC Championship Win: $1.25M

The only one of those he hit was the Per Game Active Bonus. It looks like he was active 10 games (9 started) this year.

Now this did start from a $9 million base but compared to the $12 million per year that his last contract was for, this is not a bad deal.

Also, looking at how much money he left on the table with his injuries this year I have to believe he really truly was not able to play.

Now, go help us get another ring, Sammy!
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:52 PM 02-02-2021
Would absolutely welcome Sammy back for lower hit on the cap. Listening to him talk about his mental health and wanting to be on a Super Bowl contending team rather than be the guy on a so-so team is nice to hear from someone.

:I can't blame anyone for wanting to max their value, even if it is over what that value actually is. But, if he is willing to take a little less to stay in KC and continue in his role then lets fucking go!

We know what we will get from Sammy and if we can get 10-12 games and then have him healthy for the playoffs I'll take that shit all day in this offense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:52 PM 02-02-2021

"When he's healthy we're better and if there's any way we can keep him here certainly will." - #Chiefs GM Brett Veach on WR Sammy Watkins.

— Sports Radio 810 WHB (@SportsRadio810) February 2, 2021

[Reply]
-King- 03:54 PM 02-02-2021
See that is your problem there. it is not we. We have no control over anything.

The only people that matter are Clark, Brett, and Andy. If they feel they can pay a player X amount of dollars and still be in position to win then that is all that matters.

WTF do you care how much someone spends when it is not your money?
The same reason I care that they win even though I'm not playing. I can't believe you're being serious right now
[Reply]
penguinz 03:57 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
The same reason I care that they win even though I'm not playing. I can't believe you're being serious right now
That is dumb logic. Do you care how much the cook is making when you go to a restaurant? No. All that matters is your order is correct and it tastes good.

This is the same thing. Why do I care how much a player makes as long as the team wins.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:57 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well it looks like we wanna keep him, now the ball is in his court to cut us a sweetheart deal
[Reply]
-King- 03:59 PM 02-02-2021
That is dumb logic. Do you care how much the cook is making when you go to a restaurant? No. All that matters is your order is correct and it tastes good.

This is the same thing. Why do I care how much a player makes as long as the team wins.
If how much the cook makes affects how much the waiter makes and how he waits and the quality of service and quality of the restaurant overall, yes I'll care.

The salary of one player affects more than that one player and can lead to the team not being or being able to re-sign or sign a player. I don't know how this concept is escaping you.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 33
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up