ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 44
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>No Chris Jones at OTA's.
O.city 10:15 AM 05-21-2019

As expected, Chiefs DT Chris Jones has not reported for the start of OTAs this week, per a source.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) May 21, 2019

[Reply]
Skyy God 01:03 PM 06-15-2019
Donald’s deal is basically 4/$82M.

I’d give Jones 70-75.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:06 PM 06-15-2019
Mixed up Jones situation with a tagged player, but ultimately he could decide to skip the season which would be a disaster for this team trying to win the Super Bowl. Don't think it'll ever get to that point.
[Reply]
Flying High D 01:06 PM 06-15-2019
ESPN article

Jones was a second-round pick in 2016, but because second-round picks aren't eligible for the performance-based fourth-year escalators that picks from Rounds 3-7 get, he's scheduled to make even less than Ngakoue this season. Three weeks shy of his 25th birthday and coming off a 15.5-sack season, Jones understandably believes $1.2 million is a little light for 2019 compensation.

The problem here is that the Chiefs appear to have given new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo great latitude in deciding what kinds of players he wants for his defense. If Spagnuolo doesn't see Jones as the type of defensive tackle he likes for his front, the Chiefs might be reluctant to offer Jones a top-of-market deal, and the standoff could continue for a while. Jones is under contract, so he has to be there no later than 30 days before the season starts, or else he loses an accrued season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:08 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Hmmm, seems someone is wrong.

“Jones is under contract, so he has to be there no later than 30 days before the season starts, or else he loses an accrued season.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/

The NFL minicamp absences that actually matter, and what's next
Boom.

He has no leverage.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 06-15-2019
So Jones can hold out until...August 5th?
[Reply]
stumppy 01:14 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
ESPN article

Jones was a second-round pick in 2016, but because second-round picks aren't eligible for the performance-based fourth-year escalators that picks from Rounds 3-7 get, he's scheduled to make even less than Ngakoue this season. Three weeks shy of his 25th birthday and coming off a 15.5-sack season, Jones understandably believes $1.2 million is a little light for 2019 compensation.

The problem here is that the Chiefs appear to have given new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo great latitude in deciding what kinds of players he wants for his defense. If Spagnuolo doesn't see Jones as the type of defensive tackle he likes for his front, the Chiefs might be reluctant to offer Jones a top-of-market deal, and the standoff could continue for a while. Jones is under contract, so he has to be there no later than 30 days before the season starts, or else he loses an accrued season.

I don't see that happening at all. I doubt there's a team in the NFL who wouldn't want Jones.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:14 PM 06-15-2019
Yep I was wrong. And it's for ALL rookies not just jones. Here's a break down
http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-...xtension-deal/
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:16 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
(he’s earned it)
I would say he is on his way to earning it. Has he arrived? Nope. A lot of improvement still needed against the run. Don't get me wrong I really like the guy and maybe it is just a matter of better coaching.

But if you compare Chris to Tyreek and their development to this point and who deserves the Big $$ NOW(aside from Hill's off field drama which now is appearing drama caused by his ex) it is Hill hands down that deserves the Big Coin NOW IMHO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yep I was wrong. And it's for ALL rookies not just jones. Here's a break down
http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-...xtension-deal/
Pretty smooth by NFL lawyers to get this in all the rookie deals.

Wonder what they gave up.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:17 PM 06-15-2019
Here's a good point though
season.*Derek Carr, also from the 2014 draft class, recently signed a 5 year $125M extension that makes him the highest paid player in league history. That will likely change in the years to come as the league’s salary cap increases with every passing season and more young franchise quarterbacks will be up for extensions that will surpass Carr’s. Carr is the most notable from the players in the 2014 class mentioned because he was a second rounder, not a first. That meant the*Raiders*couldn’t option him for a fifth year and delay a newer deal. This then created more urgency on the Raiders’ behalf to get a deal done sooner.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:18 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Pretty smooth by NFL lawyers to get this in all the rookie deals.

Wonder what they gave up.
I bet the players try to change it next time lol
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:20 PM 06-15-2019
0Why do the current players care about the rookie contacts?
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:23 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
0Why do the current players care about the rookie contacts?
They may not. You bring up a good point
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:28 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I agree, he's not asking for anything more than what he's worth. Get it done before TC so everybody is happy and there are no distractions. We've locked up Schwartz and Butker for now and we'll get Hill once all the smoke clears. Eat horse dung, the rest of the AFC!
When you have as much talent as KC does, you can't pay everybody what they are worth.

Teams that win championships usually have a lot of underpaid talent.

You spend your cap dollars somewhere so I'm not saying don't pay him. But you have to make hard choices somewhere. I'm not convinced that tying up mega bucks for Hill is a good gamble.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:37 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Teams that win championships usually have a lot of underpaid talent.
See Bellichek. He has mastered the chess game of contract negotiation(never paying top dollar at any position, along with acquiring xtra draft picks along the way for flexibility to move in the draft, or trading for a player) and eye for real talent. Does Bellichek pay Bowe, Houston or Berry ? Nope !!
[Reply]
Page 24 of 44
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up