ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 57
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:46 PM 02-19-2018
i am curious if it's an either or situation. get the rumor out ahead of new league year. see who calls and has the highest bid. if it's not what the clark clan want, they know he can play football.

i am curious as to not only who may be available in this draft that would alleviate his absence, but in the next two years.

obviously if he is not right in the head, the chiefs are the one team.... uhem belcher, and other bad apples, that cannot afford for the fanbase to suffer from anything even remotely tragic. :-)
[Reply]
cdcox 11:53 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i am curious if it's an either or situation. get the rumor out ahead of new league year. see who calls and has the highest bid. if it's not what the clark clan want, they know he can play football.

i am curious as to not only who may be available in this draft that would alleviate his absence, but in the next two years.

obviously if he is not right in the head, the chiefs are the one team.... uhem belcher, and other bad apples, that cannot afford for the fanbase to suffer from anything even remotely tragic. :-)
Peters is the next Belcher? :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:08 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by canoworms:
Peters is the next Belcher? :-)
was not my point. and was not insinuating that either. just the bad luck that has plagued the franchise over the years, the organization is hyper sensitive to any bad actors. :-)

ETA: which is the sole reason there is no chance in hell talib would end up a chief :-)
[Reply]
ct 05:24 AM 02-20-2018
la canfora simply regurgitating what we’ve already heard, says “i continue to hear” bullshit rumors but i got nothin else so here ya go
[Reply]
srvy 06:40 AM 02-20-2018
We know what we saw with our own eyes but we dont know the other 70% in the locker room behind the scenes. I dont know if this report is true and I hope it isnt as I would like to ride his contract out and see if he matures. If the chiefs think he has gone to far and they cant continue on with the kid then good riddance. If thats the case another team is taking on the risk and probably we wont get the compensation we would expect.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:58 AM 02-20-2018
This better not be true. I dismissed the one earlier but this keeps coming up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-peters-trade/

Originally Posted by :
More talk emerges of a potential Marcus Peters trade

The talk in league circles that the Chiefs could be preparing to try to trade cornerback Marcus Peters seems to be gaining steam.

PFT explained on Sunday that some in the league have wondered whether the Chiefs will try to move Peters. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports tweeted on Monday that he “continue[s] to hear chatter that Marcus Peters may not be long for KC.”

The fact that he wasn’t hearing the chatter more than two weeks ago that Josh McDaniels may stay in New England (in fact, he was hearing the opposite) suggests that the chatter regarding Peters may be even more prevalent than the chatter regarding McDaniels was. Which means that any team interested in Peters now knows, or should know, that he’s potentially available.

And now comes the part where a potentially interested team has to decide whether to make the call to the Chiefs, or whether to wait for the Chiefs to make the first move. In any negotiation, the side that makes the first call always sacrifices a little bit of leverage.

[Reply]
thegame214 08:14 AM 02-20-2018
If Andy Reid of all people with Eric Berry and Houston can't keep him in check then that's all I need to know. I love Marcus and hope it's all just bullshit
[Reply]
loochy 08:16 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This better not be true. I dismissed the one earlier but this keeps coming up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-peters-trade/
That sucks. It'd better be a hell of a haul we get back...like a genuine stud....not just draft pick speculative BS.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:18 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
That sucks. It'd better be a hell of a haul we get back...like a genuine stud....not just draft pick speculative BS.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm one of the few that'd be okay either way, I think.

I mean; sure, we'll need a handsome offer, but yeah...
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:19 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by thegame214:
If Andy Reid of all people with Eric Berry and Houston can't keep him in check then that's all I need to know. I love Marcus and hope it's all just bullshit
well that's certainly a fair observation. ya'feel-me?!
[Reply]
thegame214 08:19 AM 02-20-2018
One thing about this offseason is Veach ain't fucking around
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:28 AM 02-20-2018
Wow. So instead of making a marked improvement in the secondary we're just going to stagnate. What a Goddamn shame.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:30 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wow. So instead of making a marked improvement in the secondary we're just going to stagnate. What a Goddamn shame.
IDK man - hopefully that pass rush is strengthened - I truly have mixed emotions about this whole thing. Heck we don't even know if anything will happen yet.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:33 AM 02-20-2018
I would listen to offers and unless I get blown away with a relatively high 1st and a 2nd or something to that effect then I don't trade him.

I've said it time and time again, Peters is not getting a 2nd contract in KC so you are looking at cutting bait with him maybe 2 years early to get a younger cost controlled guy and possibly another player.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:36 AM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
IDK man - hopefully that pass rush is strengthened - I truly have mixed emotions about this whole thing. Heck we don't even know if anything will happen yet.
I don't give a flying **** about any of that right now. This whole deal with Marcus Peters should've been curbed in week 5 when he was yelling at Sutton, but instead of doing their jobs this coaching staff allowed a toxic cloud to form over Peters until he finally went too far in week 13 against the Jets. You KNEW Peters had an attitude problem, and yet still drafted him. Now he's put in a DROY performance and an All Pro performance as well, and we're reportedly putting him on the block because of his attitude? What an absolute failure by Reid. Goddamn it, I fucking KNEW this team would sour me this offseason, because motherfucking Chiefs.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 57
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up