ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 77
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 12:58 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Two of those guys caused an accident. Two of them didn't.
One of those guys killed someone in a fiery crash. Three of them didn't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:00 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
We can play this shit all day.

Two of them injured other people and caused property damage. Two of them didn't.

Do I think Rice deserves jail time? No.
Could the NFL make an example out of him? Of course. It's the NFL. They pick and choose what they want to do on a whim.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:12 PM 04-12-2024
Could the NFL make an example out of him? Of course. It's the NFL. They pick and choose what they want to do on a whim.
And that's exactly what I hate.

I honestly believe they throw dice in the home office...
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:21 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Ours fled like an idiot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Except for -KING- made a simple statement about the speed and how fortunate Rice was that no one was more seriously injured.

He made no claims about how Rice should be tarred and feathered for this. How Rice should be expelled from the NFL. It is akin to you saying you like the color blue and I start talking about the wavelength properties of the color red. The only relation between the two things is that they are both colors.
And?

If you talk about the color blue, he starts talking about the wavelength of red, someone asks why that's relevant and I provide some information that indicates the wavelength of the color red may be WHY you like or dislike the color blue (I dunno, the analogy is strained) then I'm not sure how the conversation goes anywhere when you say "Yeah, but he didn't say that".

I didn't start with "fuck you for not knowing this" - I simply filled in gaps that I felt relevant. This ain't an appeals brief - you're not beholden to the record here fellas.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
No one knows what the punishment will be. The NFL disciplinary actions are inconsistent as fuck with zero logic or fairness.
This is ultimately the reality of it.

Based on precedent he should get 2 games tops. The NFL being largely ludicrous when it comes to following established precedent leaves open the possibility of 4+.

But what many (or at least me) are trying to point out is that the personal conduct policy has a bunch of examples to this point and almost all of them have fact patterns and/or consequences equal to or more egregious than Rice's and yielded suspensions of 2 games or less.

If it's not a DV related incident, the NFL has had a pretty light touch to this point. If they elect to do it differently this time, that's completely breaking from established precedent and it would be more than fair to call bullshit.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:25 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Ours fled like an idiot.
Depending on the situation it may have been the smart play.

Immoral and heartless, but....the smart thing often is.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:27 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Why should Hollywood Brown be punished for amazing fuel economy?!
[Reply]
Monticore 01:27 PM 04-12-2024
I honestly think so of you are hoping he goes to jail and loses his career just so you can gloat .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 04-12-2024
Two of those guys caused an accident. Two of them didn't.
Even that is kindof a slippery slope.

I mean most research shows that texting and driving is nearly as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. Your attention is so far removed from the road that you're as big a danger to others as a guy who's just above the legal limit.

So if someone causes a crash while texting, do we hammer them for it?

That's why the 'degrees of recklessness' game is a dangerous one to play. Because at a point, driving 90 with your hands at 10 and 2 is less dangerous than driving 65 with a burger and a smoke while steering with your knees.

The result is what matters. And the result is a some property damage and a couple of minor injuries (charging documents be damned; I didn't write their definition and by their own definition there was no 'serious bodily harm).

The NFL is just throwing darts and drawing bullseyes around them if they try to argue otherwise.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:30 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by F150:
He will need to replace for sure. Rice won't see a football field in 2025 as a free man. Hard to imagine throwing it all away like this
Not this stupid shit again. Nobody is going to jail for a fucking car wreck that didn't severely injure anyone. We'd have prisons full of people who had fender benders because they were texting and driving.

Jesus Christ this thread is more retarded then Janx after an all night bender of goat fucking.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:31 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Not this stupid shit again. Nobody is going to jail for a fucking car wreck that didn't severely injure anyone. We'd have prisons full of people who had fender benders because they were texting and driving.

Jesus Christ this thread is more reeruned then Janx after an all night bender of goat fucking.
Seriously.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:33 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Even that is kindof a slippery slope.

I mean most research shows that texting and driving is nearly as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
No, it's actually more dangerous.

And selfish people do it every day...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:33 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Seriously.
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the Broncos fan saying the prosecutor won't even consider less than 15 years.

It's dumb enough to convince me he's trolling but he sure seemed serious afterwards.

Some pretty remarkable displays to this point.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:33 PM 04-12-2024
If CPers had their way, 90% of our under 25 population would be under the jail for texting and driving, street racing, driving drunk and fiddling with the radio.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 77
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up