ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 94
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
carcosa 07:46 PM 03-12-2019
I think this 2020 pick is going to be used to either trade up for an impact defender in the draft or as part of a package for a guy like Patrick Peterson. At the very LEAST it's clearing cap space for 1-2 more FA starters. I'm eager to see what the plan is!
[Reply]
Kman34 07:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Is anybody giving odds that Ford will play an entire 16 game season in 2019? If so, I'm all ears.

Fool me once and all that ...

Right now, he looks like the poster child for a contract year performance.

FAX
He's one backache away from day to day..
[Reply]
In58men 07:46 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am ok with trading Ford but not to get a pick this year is stupid. Cmon Veach
Could mean firepower for this years draft. Everything doesn’t have to be negative.
[Reply]
-King- 07:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am ok with trading Ford but not to get a pick this year is stupid. Cmon Veach
This. We need to get better as fast as possible before Mahomes new deal makes it hard to build around him. Waiting a year to spend a pick doesn't help us at all.
[Reply]
In58men 07:47 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
This. We need to get better as fast as possible before Mahomes new deal makes it hard to build around him. Waiting a year to spend a pick doesn't help us at all.
JFC read the post above yours.

Whine bags
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:48 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Ford was still the best player on defense and Houston was 3rd best behind Jones. We have lost 2 of our best players on D. Plus down a CB too. So yeah- we are worse at the moment. I am not sure how stating the obvious is whining like a bitch.
Free agency hasn't even started yet and people just wanna bury the GM. Who by the way just removed three players from the #31 defense and added a fantastic safety at a need position. Just take a moment and breathe.

Dee Ford really had no place in this 4-3 defense.
[Reply]
Coach 07:48 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Multiple all pro corner that leads the league in turnovers his first 3 years...traded for peanuts
Yeah, because he's a locker room cancer. It was evidenced as well when he was at the Rams.

Pro bowl pass rusher coming off a year he lead the league in pressures and forced fumbles while also getting 13 sacks...more peanuts
See my previous post.

Couldn’t trade Houston for peanuts, even.
As a GM, I wouldn't trade for Houston, considering he was going to get cut anyways. So why would I want to give up my picks for him anyways?

Won’t cut Berry
Yeah that one, I'll give you that.

Overpaid considerably for Watkins and Mathieu
It's a risky business, but when Watkins was on the field, our offense was lights out. When he was injured, well, you definitely notice the difference. Mathieu is a risk, I'll give you that, but at least consider the fact that we had Ron Fucking Parker out there last year.

I know it’s a small sample size, but’s starting to look like Veach is getting schooled on everything a G.M. does besides scout talent.
Keep in mind though, these contracts in two years may be peanuts anyways with the rising salary cap.
[Reply]
-King- 07:48 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Could mean firepower for this years draft. Everything doesn’t have to be negative.
A pick this year would also provide firepower for this year's draft.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:48 PM 03-12-2019
Multiple all pro corner that leads the league in turnovers his first 3 years...traded for peanuts

And then went on to pretty much suck and most fans here are happy with the deal in retrospect

Pro bowl pass rusher coming off a year he lead the league in pressures and forced fumbles while also getting 13 sacks...more peanuts

Doesn't fit the 4-3, not good against the run, would have probably been a 2-down player. 49ers will probably suck again and we'll get a top-40 pick next year. If we let him walk we get maybe pick 100 next year.

Nobody's trading for that bloated contract.

Won’t cut Berry

Not if it doesn't make financial sense - which is Dorsey's fault.

The Matthieu signing is getting the top grade of free agency so far from lots of national pundits. Watkins was a reach but would have been fine if he stayed healthy. Also it's two years of liability, not like the Houston and Berry monstrosities.

I know it’s a small sample size, but’s starting to look like Veach is getting schooled on everything a G.M. does besides scout talent.
You need to take off your turd-colored glasses.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:49 PM 03-12-2019
I bet Dee Ford plays at the very most 8 games next year. People are mad we paid the Honey Badger 3 yr/42 mil. Think how mad we'd be if we just gave up a draft pick and paid 5yr/88 mil to a guy who will be 28 this year and has only played 1 full season and that happened to be a contract year. Ford seems like the type of guy that doesnt do shit after he gets paid.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:49 PM 03-12-2019

Won’t cut Berry

SFC.. MAHOMES..
[Reply]
In58men 07:49 PM 03-12-2019
A pick this year would also provide firepower for this year's draft.
So it’s a wash, why bitch?
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:50 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
i want a Honey Badger jersey... and I only have a DT jersey... ever
Attached: H Badger.jpg (58.3 KB) 
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:50 PM 03-12-2019
It goes both ways.

More draft picks in future years = more cheap contributors after guys are paid.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:50 PM 03-12-2019
Veach had better a goshdarn genius at drafting. A second round pick for Ford is ridiculously low. Look at the NFL's second round picks over the past ten years and how many of them would you trade Dee for in a straight-up deal? I bet it's less than 10 percent, and probably less than 5 percent.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 94
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up