ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 52
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:38 AM 03-15-2024
Loving this trend of B+ journeymen WRs using us as a one night stand to get paid. Everyone benefits!
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:39 AM 03-15-2024

Andy Reid closed the deal to get Hollywood Brown… https://t.co/DW20F2YHQ1 pic.twitter.com/RR2I5BgzhE

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
dirk digler 06:45 AM 03-15-2024
I like it. Now in the draft let's go get a couple more, a TE, and some OL.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:45 AM 03-15-2024
He gonna feast.

Never in my wildest dreams did I believe we would get him on a one yeat deal this cheap.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:46 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
The contract is worth up to $11M. Base is $7M, rest are incentives, if I’ve read correctly. So only $7M counts against the cap, meaning we could still pay Sneed on the tag if we can’t work out a long term deal.

Veach is a genius.
Should still have $8MM in cap room with Sneed tagged.

I wouldn’t mind signing Sneed to a 3ish year deal if it’s team
friends. Well I wouldn’t mind it in the sense it would give me a massive boner.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:47 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
He won't out-touch kelce for sure. I think perhaps Brown and Rice will get close to the same number of receptions. Either way, this offense is going to take off into another stratosphere and I can't wait.
I don’t totally agree. I don’t think he’s a target monster although we might force a lot of touches to him in the quick catch and run game. If he’s trying to prove himself, there’s a lot of value to building a brandin cooks like career. Which might be the kind of production we see and frankly… I’m very very cool with that.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:48 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Should still have $8MM in cap room with Sneed tagged.

I wouldn’t mind signing Sneed to a 3ish year deal if it’s team
friends. Well I wouldn’t mind it in the sense it would give me a massive boner.
Still need like 10m for draft class and few vets /depth LT. Etc.. so going to have to restructure /extend someone , Sneed would do nicely
[Reply]
O.city 06:50 AM 03-15-2024
I don't think they can play sneed on the tag, with that big #
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 AM 03-15-2024
I love Sneed, but I still think moving him for a #2 or better is the best move long term.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:01 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Veach played that shit perfectly. I don't even think that OTWP58 can be mad at this.
Nope. Not mad at all. There obviously was no market for the guy and Veach held his ground and didn't bid against himself.

$7M is exactly what we should be paying for the production we're going to get from the 3rd option, and we're not hitched to the guy beyond this year.

Are there guys I would have preferred? Sure.

But at this price and term, all props to Veach.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:03 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I love Sneed, but I still think moving him for a #2 or better is the best move long term.
who cares about long term. We have a chance to do something historic.

Let's go get the 3-peat!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:04 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd agree with this as well, but I wouldn't disagree if the team actually did decide to overweight this next season a little bit more in terms of its being a priority given the chances at a 3-peat. Not that I think it's a question of mortgaging the future or not to win next season, but in a situation like this where it's really a knife's edge decision, I would have no problem if they erred on the side of having a better 2024 roster.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
who cares about long term. We have a chance to do something historic.

Let's go get the 3-peat!
Because I want ALL of them, is why.

:-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:08 AM 03-15-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think my preference is to find someone like McMillan or Walker who can provide some speed AND size. And let that person develop into a long-term Z alongside Rice at the X.

And what Brown does is give us a full season to let that guy get up to speed.

But what I like is that we don't HAVE to go that route. We can do whatever we want. If the board falls poorly for us at WR, we can grab someone else and backfill.

The only real problem scenario is if we take a WR on day 1 or 2 and both Brown AND the new WR fail to click.

In which case we're right back here again. Only in that case, I think deeper questions would need to be asked as to what we're doing at the position and why it's not working.
This.

Hollywood is a placeholder for the rook.
[Reply]
O.city 07:11 AM 03-15-2024
I'm hopeful that the later season stuff of simplifying things a bit help the staff figure out that maybe the spot adjustments and such are difficult for young guys and they need their hand held a bit.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 52
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up