ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 3903
« First < 139189229235236237238239 2402412422432492893397391239 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 09:42 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
All hospitals are urged to be enacting emergency protocols as of yesterday’s state of emergency. Part of that is limiting new patients and elective surgeries to keep space available. That message from them is likely not unique at all and doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with having that patient.
Well he had an elective surgery Tuesday and they made him another appt for next Tuesday yesterday.

Seems stupid if they are keeping space available
[Reply]
Donger 09:42 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
My friend would have never came around if he had known there was any chance of him being exposed. But they didn’t tell him.
Not being a dick, but why did you let him come around? I'm probably in the vast minority, but I just presume that everyone has this, and I act accordingly. No unnecessary touching. No unnecessary visits.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:43 AM 03-14-2020
From someone who could get in trouble for telling me...
And they didn’t know for sure Wednesday but they were pretty sure what it was
[Reply]
SupDock 09:44 AM 03-14-2020
Well they call it Death Valley hospital instead of golden valley around here. I’m definitely not the only one that has had terrible experiences there.

And yes I’m emotional about this, I have a disabled daughter that has had major respiratory and heart issues in the part couple of years .

My friend would have never came around if he had known there was any chance of him being exposed. But they didn’t tell him.

Hell they made him another appt yesterday so he could come back into it.
They are idiots

I understand, and I'm sorry for your situation.

The nickname for the hospital came about a very long time ago, and my understanding is they have made some significant changes since then.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:44 AM 03-14-2020
Well he had an elective surgery Tuesday and they made him another appt for next Tuesday yesterday.

Seems stupid if they are keeping space available

Well he had the surgery so they can’t just leave him hanging and not do appropriate follow ups on it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:45 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Not being a dick, but why did you let him come around? I'm probably in the vast minority, but I just presume that everyone has this, and I act accordingly. No unnecessary touching. No unnecessary visits.
People come around the shop all the time. It’s a shop, you ever been in one?
[Reply]
Fish 09:46 AM 03-14-2020
Coronavirus: Spanish cases up by 1,500 in a day

Coronavirus cases in Spain have risen by 1,500 to more than 5,700, public health officials say.

Spain is the worst affected country in Europe after Italy, which has more than 15,000 cases.

The Spanish government is set to announce a lockdown as part of a national state of emergency, according to local media reports.

On Friday, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Europe was now the "epicentre" of the pandemic.

Director General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus urged countries to use aggressive measures, community mobilisation and social distancing to save lives.

Several European countries have reported steep rises in infections and deaths in recent days.
[Reply]
Donger 09:47 AM 03-14-2020
People come around the shop all the time. It’s a shop, you ever been in one?
Yes, I've been in a shop. Is he a customer, or was it a social visit?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:50 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, I've been in a shop. Is he a customer, or was it a social visit?
Both. I do tons of work for him.

T
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:51 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:

The nickname for the hospital came about a very long time ago, and my understanding is they have made some significant changes since then.
They haven’t.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:52 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:

They haven't. They outsource all the ER doctors and my dad was having a stroke then a seizure and the ER doctor just stared at him and did nothing until I started yelling at him to do something. I should have sued their ass
[Reply]
F150 09:55 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
They haven't. They outsource all the ER doctors and my dad was having a stroke then a seizure and the ER doctor just stared at him and did nothing until I started yelling at him to do something. I should have sued their ass

https://fox4kc.com/news/hospital-in-...oa846U55FuwTUo

Better report. They only diverted whilst the suspected case was there....
[Reply]
SupDock 09:55 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Fair enough, be mindful that most hospitals outsource ED physicians. Very few are employed by the hospital, especially in small towns.
[Reply]
TLO 09:57 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Coronavirus: Spanish cases up by 1,500 in a day

Coronavirus cases in Spain have risen by 1,500 to more than 5,700, public health officials say.

Spain is the worst affected country in Europe after Italy, which has more than 15,000 cases.

The Spanish government is set to announce a lockdown as part of a national state of emergency, according to local media reports.

On Friday, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Europe was now the "epicentre" of the pandemic.

Director General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus urged countries to use aggressive measures, community mobilisation and social distancing to save lives.

Several European countries have reported steep rises in infections and deaths in recent days.
This is what I'm afraid of in the US. Numbers are certainly going to rise as we do more testing. Are people going to flip their shit when they see the number of positive cases go up?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:01 AM 03-14-2020
i had a doctor appointment yesterday (vertigo).....and my doc told me that this time next week, I wouldnt be able to be seen for that type of symptom/ailment.

All non-essential health issues would be denied an in-person appointment.
[Reply]
Page 239 of 3903
« First < 139189229235236237238239 2402412422432492893397391239 > Last »
Up