ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 319
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:44 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wouldn't it make sense that they cleared it for Williams?
Paperwork hadn't been completed this morning when Williams' return to San Francisco was announced.

They still went ahead with it.

They could have backed off one of those moves and saved cap room down the road if they didn't have a plan to spend it.

That doesn't mean they're signing another FA OL starter (Reiff, Villanueva, David Andrews, Russell Okung, Nick Martin). There are lots of different ways this could go.

Plan A didn't work out. Doesn't mean Plan B = an OL that is as bad as the one in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:45 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They didn't even tender him at the UDFA level...thats bad.
They literally did tender him. WTF?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:45 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Slightly above average play at LT. We didn’t have shit after Schwartz except Reiter and he was serviceable.
Reiter was a sieve. C'mon man, this place was cursing his name all season. Jesus, they even benched his ass for a game.

We're trying to pass off serviceable JAGS as good enough now.

No dudes, i don't think that's what Veach had in mind when deciding to rebuild the line.

If the argument is, "Hey, as long we got some warm bodies, we'll be fine", ok...i guess. But that's not what i had in my head.

I'm sure the Chiefs can throw warm bodies out there and hte offense will still perform at a playoff level. But i thought the standard was higher than that.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:45 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m hoping for Juju and Dunlap if we go that direction.
This would be perfect. Juju for what 16/yr and Dunlap for...12?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:46 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Reiter was a sieve. C'mon man, this place was cursing his name all season. Jesus, they even benched his ass for a game.

No dudes, i don't think that's what Veach had in mind when deciding to rebuild the line.

If the argument is, "Hey, as long we got some warm bodies, we'll be fine", ok...i guess. But that's not what i had in my head.

I'm sure the Chiefs can throw warm bodies out there and hte offense will still perform at a playoff level. But i thought the standard was higher than that.
I meant to say Remmers.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:46 PM 03-17-2021
A decent LT is gonna drop to us imo as not many teams are LT needy. If an LT with a similar grade to Niang makes it to 31 then why shouldn't they be able to start? It's scary but if we could get a vet like Okung too for insurance then i'm all for it. Having two young tackles on the cheap would be massive for this team moving forward.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:47 PM 03-17-2021

why don't we wait and see before we start bitching is all I'm saying.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:48 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
No one outside of KC will be impressed with Reiff and Niang as tackles? Who fucking cares! We just signed an elite guard and have arguably the best QB, WR and TE in the league. Sorry Veach can't put all pros at every single position for ya!

Shut up!
The conversation started about people being "butthurt" over the Chiefs signing a skill player. I stated that the media won't care, as they'll focus on our lack of protection. They'd probably even throw shade at teh Chiefs for seemingly neglecting the position.

Hence my comment about public perception and narrative.

If you werent a fucking dumbass and followed along you wouldn't have made such a pointless post.
[Reply]
O.city 03:49 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Paperwork hadn't been completed this morning when Williams' return to San Francisco was announced.

They still went ahead with it.

They could have backed off one of those moves and saved cap room down the road if they didn't have a plan to spend it.

That doesn't mean they're signing another FA OL starter (Reiff, Villanueva, David Andrews, Russell Okung, Nick Martin). There are lots of different ways this could go.

Plan A didn't work out. Doesn't mean Plan B = an OL that is as bad as the one in the Super Bowl.
But they had cleared it all before hand for that is all I’m saying.

They will pivot for sure. We’ll just have to see what happens but there’s zero chance they trot out a shit ol
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:50 PM 03-17-2021
The conversation started about people being "butthurt" over the Chiefs signing a skill player. I stated that the media won't care, as they'll focus on our lack of protection. They'd probably even throw shade at teh Chiefs for seemingly neglecting the position.

Hence my comment about public perception and narrative.

If you werent a ****ing dumbass and followed along you wouldn't have made such a pointless post.
Again with the public perception. Who fucking cares! Grow some thicker skin.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:56 PM 03-17-2021
Bengals
Chargers
Raiders
Colts
Vikings
Bears

Every one of those teams has a need at tackle
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bengals
Chargers
Raiders
Colts
Vikings
Bears

Every one of those teams has a need at tackle
Huh? If you’re referring to LT then you can remove the Raiders and Vikings from that list.
[Reply]
-King- 03:58 PM 03-17-2021
It's the lack of rumors that sucks
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:02 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's the lack of rumors that sucks
Well we also didn’t hear shit about Thuney until we signed him. Same thing for Mathieu, Watkins and Hitchens.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:09 PM 03-17-2021

Haason Reddick gets $8 million max with $6 million guaranteed to head to the #Panthers and rejoin his college coach at Temple Matt Rhule

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 17, 2021

Might have missed out here.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 319
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up