ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 386
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288338 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:57 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm with you. She was about as close as you can get to spray and pray with a sword. She was dead already without Jorah pulling himself to his feet over and over, like the badass hero he was. She was almost as close to the end as Jon was when the Night King went down.

Hey, there's a new crazy idea. Maybe Bran warged into the ice Dragon to keep Jon from confronting the Night King in some suicidal head to head attack.
It would at least show that Bran was doing fucking something at that time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Honestly, I'd love for him to prove me wrong and write a finish that diverges from the show and blows it out of the water.
:-) Hasn't it been 8 years since a new main series book came out? He ain't ever finishing.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:03 PM 04-29-2019
I'm with you. She was about as close as you can get to spray and pray with a sword. She was dead already without Jorah pulling himself to his feet over and over, like the badass hero he was. She was almost as close to the end as Jon was when the Night King went down.

Hey, there's a new crazy idea. Maybe Bran warged into the ice Dragon to keep Jon from confronting the Night King in some suicidal head to head attack.
Turned to my wife last night and said "Ultimate twist; Bran wargs into Rick Grimes and somehow brings him to Winterfell."
[Reply]
Jerm 12:09 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Turned to my wife last night and said "Ultimate twist; Bran wargs into Rick Grimes and somehow brings him to Winterfell."
I read something the other day but the person suggested Gandalf instead lol.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:10 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Hasn't it been 8 years since a new main series book came out? He ain't ever finishing.
Yep. Eight years.

One of two possibilities here, IMO.

1. He's got them both finished, and will release them after the show has concluded.

2. Fuck you, fuck me, and fuck everybody else, because he's a filthy rich procrastinating prick who doesn't give a shit about what anybody wants and is tired of being pestered.

Personally, my money's on 2. But I hope it's 1.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:20 PM 04-29-2019
I can't imagine what benefit waiting to publish them would provide.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:21 PM 04-29-2019
Not super spoilery, but I'll put tags on, just in case.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 12:21 PM 04-29-2019
I can't imagine what benefit waiting to publish them would provide.
Oh, I can. A few months from now when it's all over and everybody is jonesing for more, he announces Book 6 and everybody goes nuts.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:24 PM 04-29-2019
I took a look at his not a blog and the only thing he's talking about is the giants draft.

Also...how did I miss these?

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:33 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It would at least show that Bran was doing fucking something at that time.
I thought Bran warging was to draw the Night King to him, where they were supposed to trap him with the dragons. They improvised and it all went to shit... but in the end, Arya saved the day.

Every single tactic the living used failed. The Dothraki charge to hit and run, drawing them out. The initial stand to then pull back and then use fire. The use of walls, the trap with the dragons, the hiding of the folks in the crypt, the dragon breath failing to do the damange on the NK, etc. EVERYTHING failed to the point it was meant to feel hopeless until the single stroke from lil ms. Stark.
[Reply]
DanBecky 12:37 PM 04-29-2019
In the first episode of the season when Jon is in the godswood, he’s asks Arya, “How did you sneak up on me?” They’ve subtly dropped those hints that she’s pretty much gone full assasin. And in this episode she comes out of nowhere in the godswood to get to the NK. Not a coincidence.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:39 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Oh, I can. A few months from now when it's all over and everybody is jonesing for more, he announces Book 6 and everybody goes nuts.
I would love for that to be the case. I gave up all hope after he cruelly teased fans on a new release (before Season 6) and it turned out to be another encyclopedia on the Targaryen dynasty.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:46 PM 04-29-2019
Thought this was kind of funny...

After reading last night's post-episode discussion thread, I cobbled this together for y'all [GIF] from r/freefolk

[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:52 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Thought this was kind of funny...

After reading last night's post-episode discussion thread, I cobbled this together for y'all [GIF] from r/freefolk

:-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:53 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
BTW Dany morphing into Arya after not wielding a weapon at any time previous was great....I just can't stop lol.
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It helps when you’re actively looking for things to pick at.

She didn’t turn into Arya. She hacked clumsily at a few wights focused on Jorah.

You’re stretching.
Yeah, it was more like she was sticking them with the pointy end when they were focused on Jorah.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 386
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288338 > Last »
Up