ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 270
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
What the fuck is the point in playing our starters an entire first half?

Can anyone explain? Don’t tell me it’s because we’re rusty.

This is dumb and childish
I don't expect the starters will play the first half any more than Mahomes played the entire 1st quarter in week 1 (spoiler: He didn't).

You may see Mahomes get a 3rd drive into the 2nd quarter and you'll probably see additional starters stay in through the 1st half. But remember - Reid is HUGE on continuity on the OL - I think he sees genuine benefit in getting the OL to play together.

But Mahomes, Hill and Kelce - probably won't be playing much more than 2 or 3 drives, Watkins may not even get that much if he's truly not feeling well. I'd imagine they want to see the RBs running behind the 1s a bit to see if any of them can differentiate themselves so you'll probably see plenty of RB rotation behind the starting OL in the 1st half.

Almost certainly much ado about nothing.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:53 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
What the **** is the point in playing our starters an entire first half?

Can anyone explain? Don’t tell me it’s because we’re rusty.

This is dumb and childish
I think they want to install a culture of winning. One of the players was talking about last week's game and how important it was to get a win (maybe it was Mahomes) and they had set that goal to start off with a win even though it is preseason. And win they did- they dominated in all phases of the game.

I don't care if it is preseason or a game of checkers- Mahomes wants to win. I love this attitude and I think we will show no mercy on teams this year.

I am not all that impressed with the Steelers this year - so I think this will be a good tune-up match. We should use them as a punching bag to gain confidence and keep the winning aura going.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN
Mason Rudolph to get the start Saturday vs. Chiefs. Josh Dobbs will play.

Chiefs should win this game easily.
:-)

Can't wait for the bitching when Rudolph is torching us.
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Her real name is Dorothy and she went to Mizzou (she has a super polish last name I won't reveal because she's one a shockingly good job of keeping it off the radar).

Friend of a friend claims carnal knowledge but it was before I'd made my way down here so the hell if I know. That people I know that hung around with her a bit back then all have great things to say about her. She was evidently a bartender here in town for a bit as well.
Wait, so Kay isn't her real name?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:01 AM 08-15-2019
I don’t really question Andy much with this stuff. He’s done it for a long time and wins a lot of games.

Besides, as others have mentioned, the ‘first half’ is greatly exaggerated.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:03 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Can't wait for the bitching when Rudolph is torching us.
I am thinking the first half will be a shut out, plus an interception from Rudolph.

21-0 Chiefs at the half.

34 to 10 for the game.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 08-15-2019
Everyones favorite writer from the Star just had a really good writeup about Andy and Pat's relationship.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:07 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don’t really question Andy much with this stuff. He’s done it for a long time and wins a lot of games.

Besides, as others have mentioned, the ‘first half’ is greatly exaggerated.
This.

I am thinking we will see Mahomes on 3 scoring drives and then pulled with half the second quarter left to play. Reek and Kelce will probably do 1 to 2 drives.

We don't even need Kelce out there with a TE2 battle going on. It is more important to see Blake and Yelder.
[Reply]
-King- 11:14 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This.

I am thinking we will see Mahomes on 3 scoring drives and then pulled with half the second quarter left to play. Reek and Kelce will probably do 1 to 2 drives.

We don't even need Kelce out there with a TE2 battle going on. It is more important to see Blake and Yelder.
If we have 2 scoring drives, Mahomes will be pulled. The only way he comes out for a 3rd drive is if we went 3 and out or turned the ball over on a previous drive.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 08-15-2019
I guess I'm old school with this, but guys get better by playing. Injuries suck, but football players play.

I don't have a problem with it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:30 AM 08-15-2019
The only player who should play the whole first half is Speaks. Actually...play that ****er the entire game.

Time to get that fat ass in shape
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyones favorite writer from the Star just had a really good writeup about Andy and Pat's relationship.

She thinks she can win people over by talking about the one thing everybody in KC universally loves.

Let me guess... all of the context to her writing comes from press conferences statements we’ve already heard and seen. She probably did zero extra work. As long as she had the transcripts available, she powered through one afternoon when the team wasn’t practicing and got it done just in time before happy hour.

No thanks. Don’t really care, actually.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:01 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm guessing many a boxes of Mac & Cheese were had before she copy and pasted her 'article'..
[Reply]
New World Order 12:02 PM 08-15-2019
Wanted to see our d against Berger

oh well
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
She thinks she can win people over by talking about the one thing everybody in KC universally loves.

Let me guess... all of the context to her writing comes from press conferences statements we’ve already heard and seen. She probably did zero extra work. As long as she had the transcripts available, she powered through one afternoon when the team wasn’t practicing and got it done just in time before happy hour.

No thanks. Don’t really care, actually.
No, it's actually a pretty cool read about Andy and Pat's relationship.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 270
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247 > Last »
Up